INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: INITIAL RELEASE: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Merry Christmas to everybody! What a fun Xmas Eve gift! Thanks so much, OzWookiee and Pam!!!!

plane spins no matter we do
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    plane spins no matter we do
    Thomas, I have the same problem. Thought it was just me. I tried changing the setting on my Warthog to no avail. Starts out fine then at about 60 mph she veers to the left and then upside down etc. Rudder and all work fine. Hope someone know the solution. I love the Goose.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    are you gonna up those repaints , Jankees ?
    when I'm ready with them, sure, but I first need to understand this PBR stuff
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Starts out fine then at about 60 mph she veers to the left and then upside down etc. Rudder and all work fine. Hope someone know the solution. I love the Goose.
    I'm having the exact same reaction.

Okay,
    I'm ignorant. Where is the taxi rudder switch located?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Yeah, that is fun to learn...

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    You have to set flight model to Legacy

I figured it out. I have both a joystick and yoke connected and even though the joystick was centered, the sim was reading it as full left rudder. I had to erase that axis in the control settings.

I figured it out. I have both a joystick and yoke connected and even though the joystick was centered, the sim was reading it as full left rudder. I had to erase that axis in the control settings.
    Sound like you could do with FSUIPC then you could setup per plane profiles and avoid those kind of conflicts.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Icon25 thank you

best airplane yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (121).jpg   Screenshot (123).jpg   Screenshot (124).jpg   Screenshot (120).jpg  
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

best airplane yet
    Videos

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/850040397

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/850075858

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

I noticed that in the last update, controller settings have been added or changed. I found that remapping to "rudder axis L" and "rudder axis R" makes my rudder work perfectly. Prior to that, there was only "rudder axis". Now you can map L and R. Also missing I found was "ATC options". I haven't found that setting yet. And I have blank white boxes covering my registration number/letters, although my .DDS files are still correct. Anyone help here? Thanks.

Is it addon planes where you get the missing options or stock?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I couldn't get MSFS started after installing this, it would just hang in the loading screen or CDT, one time it even restarted the PC, another, it wanted to install the latest patch to the default C drive location which I already have installed in my Flight Sim drive. Very strange one and it was the hotfix version that I had downloaded I think. Gutted as it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    I couldn't get MSFS started after installing this, it would just hang in the loading screen or CDT, one time it even restarted the PC, another, it wanted to install the latest patch to the default C drive location which I already have installed in my Flight Sim drive. Very strange one and it was the hotfix version that I had downloaded I think. Gutted as it looks great.
    Simular problem here with the latest update. I had to gut my community folder free-ware addon's in order for FS2020 to launch the new update instead of hang. Then I added the Goose to the folder and FS lauanched OK. It now seems that some of the earlier freeware liveries I had in the community folder were the cause.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

whats the trick to taxi on water it wont turn ? ctrl w water rudder doesnt work

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I don’t think that’s true — this has been ported to MSFS native and I think that includes the flight model. @OZWookiee or @Warchild, can you confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I don’t think that’s true — this has been ported to MSFS native and I think that includes the flight model. @OZWookiee or @Warchild, can you confirm?
    Correct. Never EVER use the legacy flight model for NATIVE aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Happy to talk you through it.

whats the trick to taxi on water it wont turn ? ctrl w water rudder doesnt work
    There is no water rudder on the Goose. She's known for being a pain to taxi on water, unfortunately exacerbated by differential thrust issues with MSFS.
    We may look at this in the future but at the moment, line up your decent to where you want to finish 😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    There is no water rudder on the Goose. She's known for being a pain to taxi on water, unfortunately exacerbated by differential thrust issues with MSFS.
    We may look at this in the future but at the moment, line up your decent to where you want to finish 
    lol yep loving her for sure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (134).jpg   Screenshot (137).jpg   Screenshot (139).jpg  

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Hi Oz,

Thank you very much for this...only plane I've flown over the last few days since download. I love the sound of the 985's...best in the Sim and the flight dynamics seem to be what I would expect.

Below are a few observations that I hope will help as you work towards finalizing her. I'm not a Goose pilot but have some time in other aircraft that use the P&W 985 in real life.

Only problem I can report (not previously mentioned) is the switches for the floats...Left switch does not move but activates the Left Float and moves the center switch. Right float switch does not move but activates the right float.

The rest are things that may need looking at:
    • Outside sound seems like the engines are turning over very high when at cruise.
    • Prop's stop to abruptly. They slow down nice but then sound and motion just stop to soon.
    • Retains speed when power reduced. I was at 15" mp @ 2000rpm and -500fpm and still showing 165mph. Would expect much more drag out of this aircraft so it would loose speed quickly with power pulled back.

A couple of "Like to Have":
    • Buoy's and Mooring Lines.
    • Disable steerable tail wheel...or at least make it less effective. I understand there are issues in MSFS with asymmetrical thrust.
    • Can we have operating doors and windows. Is this a MSFS issue?
    • Can we have the 485 hp version also?

Okay...thanks for listening.

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Hi Oz,

Thank you very much for this...only plane I've flown over the last few days since download. I love the sound of the 985's...best in the Sim and the flight dynamics seem to be what I would expect.

Below are a few observations that I hope will help as you work towards finalizing her. I'm not a Goose pilot but have some time in other aircraft that use the P&W 985 in real life.

Only problem I can report (not previously mentioned) is the switches for the floats...Left switch does not move but activates the Left Float and moves the center switch. Right float switch does not move but activates the right float.

The rest are things that may need looking at:
    • Outside sound seems like the engines are turning over very high when at cruise.
    • Prop's stop to abruptly. They slow down nice but then sound and motion just stop to soon.
    • Retains speed when power reduced. I was at 15" mp @ 2000rpm and -500fpm and still showing 165mph. Would expect much more drag out of this aircraft so it would loose speed quickly with power pulled back.

OK Thanks. Added to the ToDo

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    A couple of "Like to Have":
    • Buoy's and Mooring Lines.
    • Disable steerable tail wheel...or at least make it less effective. I understand there are issues in MSFS with asymmetrical thrust.
    • Can we have operating doors and windows. Is this a MSFS issue?
    • Can we have the 485 hp version also?

Okay...thanks for listening.

Garry
    • Will see what we can do
    • As soon as MSFS resolves the issues with tail draggers we will
    • Eventually
    • Definitely

Members who have read this thread: 4