Help!!! Can't redownload MSFS

Thread: Help!!! Can't redownload MSFS

Blog Entries

Help!!! Can't redownload MSFS

I killed the registry trying to remove ELO touch software remnants, so I could reinstall the software. (I hate Elo software) I Formatted the drive “C” and reinstalled Win 10. Now, MS game store says I own MSFS but doesn’t offer a way to redownload. I tried MANAGE and every … line showing options. How can I download MSFS again?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums .... here is to look . ~
    Thanks for the heads up. However, I have already done that and posted the same plea.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

You should get an answer there. I wish I knew as much about this sim as I did when I was moderating the SF9 board, but this one uses completely new tech. If you get a solution on the "official" forum, let us know. I'd like to add it to my bookmarks.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I read that logging out from the Store then log in again , can work ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    You should get an answer there. I wish I knew as much about this sim as I did when I was moderating the SF9 board, but this one uses completely new tech. If you get a solution on the "official" forum, let us know. I'd like to add it to my bookmarks.
    I was able to get it loaded, sort of. My problem was with Win 10. After using a USB Recovery drive to re-install Windows, the system updated. However, it didn't totally update. So, MSFS wouldn't work on my computer. After, downloaded the Windows Update App, Windows updated to the current version of Win 10 and MSFS installed.

The "sort of" is that MSFS forced me to load on "C" drive, and it required me to re-download each individual airplane and airport. Only two C-152 airplanes were downloaded by the Install app.

I was able to move the Package data back to my Flight Sim drive by editing the user cfg file to reflect the other drive. To my AMAZEMENT it actually worked. When I started MSFS 2020 all my "Stuff" was there, including the Legacy P-51 Civilian, and the Draken skin for the MB339A.

I will post this on the MS site, also.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Glad you got it sorted. I hate Win10 for the same reason, if there is a W10 update that hasn't been carried out, it often blocks some programs of mine from even starting or themselves updating. It is highly irritating at times!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool deal John! The odd thing about Windows build requirements is that my rig was actually a version or two behind the "required" version when I installed, but it still installed and ran just fine. I still updated about a week later with no issue.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Cool deal John! The odd thing about Windows build requirements is that my rig was actually a version or two behind the "required" version when I installed, but it still installed and ran just fine. I still updated about a week later with no issue.
    I am going to update my "Recovery" USB drive to the current Windows. Of course, I won't need it until windows has advanced about 20 updates forward.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0