questions about Do217 torpedo load

Thread: questions about Do217 torpedo load

questions about Do217 torpedo load

The do 217 can carry 2 torpedoes in the bomb bay? or only 1?

Icon13

Hi Max,
    The Do217 never carried torpedoes operationally, there were trials, but it was left to the Ju88 to carry them. The Do217 was left to bomb with heavier bombs and guided missiles.

Cheers

Shessi

From Wiki: Do 217E: First larger production version, the E-series was powered by two air-cooled BMW 801 double radial engines with 1560 hp starting power each; initially the 801A was used and later the improved 801L with the same power. It was used by the Luftwaffe from 1941 as a reconnaissance aircraft, bomber and torpedo bomber. The E-5 was armed with the Hs-293 glide bomb. Großserienversionen Do 217E: Erste größere Serienversion, die E-Serie wurde von zwei luftgekühlten BMW-801-Doppelsternmotoren mit je 1560 PS Startleistung angetrieben; anfänglich wurde der 801A genutzt und später der verbesserte 801L mit gleicher Leistung. Sie wurde ab 1941 bei der Luftwaffe als Aufklärer, Bomber und Torpedobomber eingesetzt. Die E-5 war mit der Hs-293-Gleitbombe bewaffnet. Source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_217

From Wiki: Do 217E: First larger production version, the E-series was powered by two air-cooled BMW 801 double radial engines with 1560 hp starting power each; initially the 801A was used and later the improved 801L with the same power. It was used by the Luftwaffe from 1941 as a reconnaissance aircraft, bomber and torpedo bomber. The E-5 was armed with the Hs-293 glide bomb. Großserienversionen Do 217E: Erste größere Serienversion, die E-Serie wurde von zwei luftgekühlten BMW-801-Doppelsternmotoren mit je 1560 PS Startleistung angetrieben; anfänglich wurde der 801A genutzt und später der verbesserte 801L mit gleicher Leistung. Sie wurde ab 1941 bei der Luftwaffe als Aufklärer, Bomber und Torpedobomber eingesetzt. Die E-5 war mit der Hs-293-Gleitbombe bewaffnet. Source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_217 Englisch Site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_217 In CFS 3 Firepower, the Do 217 Carries 1 Torpedo in the Bomb Bay, and 2 other Like the Ju 88

Icon17

As said, the Do217 was never used operationally as a torpedo bomber. Wiki is a great place but is not always completely accurate.

It was trialled with up to 5 torpedoes, but the RLM did not approve the Do217 for use with them.

So either be historically accurate and don't fit them, or be fantastical and fit as many as you like.......

Cheers

Shessi

the b-25 Mitchell carry only 1 torpedo in the bomb bay?

I finish the work with the do217E4,
    I will not configure the other do217 but with the E4 finished you can add weapons to the others on your own

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    As said, the Do217 was never used operationally as a torpedo bomber. Wiki is a great place but is not always completely accurate. It was trialled with up to 5 torpedoes, but the RLM did not approve the Do217 for use with them. So either be historically accurate and don't fit them, or be fantastical and fit as many as you like....... Cheers Shessi
    I know Wikipedia still claims about the battle of Matapan in June/July 1940 what 2 operational ships of the Vittorio class would have remained in port. It's not true, Veneto and Littorio were in the last stage of training and therefore could not have intervened in the battle, but Wikipedia asks the question why they did not leave and an ignorant user could accuse the Italian HG of blindness

I think I've made a mistake again, I put 2 sc1800 bombs in the do217E4 I think that's impossible.Max carry is 1x sc2000 or 1x sc1800 or 2x sc1000.

Many people already downloaded it, I don't know if to correct it, or if it is also possible that it is good

according to data of wikipedia it should be possible to use 2 sc1800 bombs in the do217.

The sc1000 and sc1800 have the same diameter 66 cm (26.0 in), the sc1800 only is long.
    the bomb anchor is compatible.
    With this two sc1800 the german bomber have 3600kg of weight in bombs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SC1000_bomb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SC1800_bomb

But the wikipedia in do217 said

The maximum permissible bomb load of the E-series without sacrificing fuel load was 3,500 kilograms (7,700 lb) of bombs of which a maximum of 3,000 kg could be carried internally.[31] To have the maximum load of 4,000 kg, part of the 1,050 litres (230 imp gal) fuselage fuel tank had to be sacrificed. If long-distance operations had to be flown, drop tanks could be fitted under the wings, which affected speed.[32] Beside the bomb load a LT F5 Torpedo could be carried in its long bomb bay, as well as three aerial mines (the E-1 did not carry the mine load of the E-2).[24]

3600kg exceeds

opinions please, do not leave me alone

To avoid wasting time add a sc2000 bomb and leave the 2xsc1800 that although it is
    very unlikely that they will use them in reality, I leave it because it is configured
    and incidentally it is one more option that I leave it to your discretion.

they are going to have to download the aircraft again, since I delete it and upload it again,
    understand, sometimes you have to go into technical details that can lead to confusion.

this is my last modification with the do217E

PD: the sc2000 is the perfect value, While the do17 loaded a maximum of one sc1000 1000kg, now we have the do217 loading a 2000kg. it's doubly deadly

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sc2000.jpg  

I could with the K version, I have to configure the M and upload all the do217

Members who have read this thread: 0