There's a new Dragon in the skys [Released to SOH 18 Sep 21] - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: There's a new Dragon in the skys [Released to SOH 18 Sep 21]

Thanks Dave. I've PM'd Archer374 over at flightsim.to, to ask if he could do anything with the VC and interior textures, and create better VC camera views. He's done dozens already and I have a few of them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Thanks Dave. I've PM'd Archer374 over at flightsim.to, to ask if he could do anything with the VC and interior textures, and create better VC camera views. He's done dozens already and I have a few of them myself.
    Any chance of a kollsman knob on the altimeter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    It's listed as version 1, but when you download and extract the zip file the folder is named MSFS_Rapide_v1.1.
    Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Any chance of a kollsman knob on the altimeter?
    That's definitely Dave's department! I know nothing - nothing do I know - about model creation or editing.

Archer374 to create updated interior textures and VC views

Archer374 has replied to my request and says that the DH89 Dragon Rapide is already on his "to do" list. The Ju52 will be released today and that is his first priority, so he'll probably do the DH89 at the weekend.
    Last edited by tiger1962; September 28th, 2021 at 03:10.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I've updated the model to v1.1. New VC glass material, minor FD and model fixes.
    Fantastic work Dave, its a beauty

Better Cameras are available now

Archer374 has created the Better Cameras already, they're available on flightsim.to now: https://flightsim.to/file/21237/de-h...better-cameras

Hi all,

Just getting ready to do my first full flight with this model (thanks Dave for converting to use in MSFS). Never was aware of it before so, so glad I found it.
    I see there were issues with the sound files needing to be converted and I see a post that Dave says he put it on his list to do for the update (which I have).

However I don't seem to have any sounds from any of the switches in the cockpit. Hand brake has no sound. Windows have no sound when they move. I also don't get any sounds from outside, even when I open the windows or door.

So my question is do I need to do the conversion? I dislike doing things like that, because I'm not good at it, unless I have to.

Would appreciate if someone could let me know if I should expect sounds for the above items and if I need to do the conversion.

Thanks,

Garry

Hi Garry,

The sound update was just to get a couple of sounds working that weren't working before, mainly the shutdown sounds. There aren't any switch or lever sounds I'm afraid. Likewise, when opening a window or door you wont' hear any difference. The sound pack would have to be re-made in Wwise and tied to various Lvars for that to work, which is outside my skill set at the moment.

Okay…thanks Dave. Glad I asked before I tried to do anything.

Garry

Hi all,

Just completed two flights...very nice aircraft...thank you Dave. I took off at Max weight and she performed as I would have expected. Good ground run and lift off. Climb was at 400 to 600 fpm at 90 mph. Cruise was faster than the manual at about 127mph true, at 2000rpm. This was at 4,500 with outside temperature about 15 C. Fuel flow in the cruise was lower than the manual at 7 gph each side. Climb was also low at 12.5 gph, each side. Landing was also as expected...I got an applause from my passengers on the first landing.

Now my request...I have seen on other aircraft where people made adjustments in the .cfg files to change speed and fuel flow. I have no idea what parameters to change...but if someone can tell me what items to look for I can play around with them. This would be much like was done with the weight & balance and oil pressure figures...which really work much better.

Any way...if someone can point me in the right direction I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
    Garry

Go to https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/index.htm and you'll find the documentation for the SDK. Use the left bar to drill down to Content Configuration > SimObjects > Aircraft and then you'll see the docs for the different cfg files. They're not complete, but they'll get you started. Look in the Engine section first for what you want. The fuel flow scalar is in the [GENERALENGINEDATA] section.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Made some changes to fuel flow and drag zero lift and drag gear. Did some short flight tests and seem to be more like the POH now. Will post the numbers after I have done a couple more flights to confirm. After I get back in town next week.

Thanks Tom

Garry

Any paint jobs for this plane yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Any paint jobs for this plane yet?

just a few...

jk9920 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7663 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JK0002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7771 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7975 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

aay_004 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and about a dozen more on flightsim.to
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

VP-KEA_005 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VP-KEA_002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VP-KEA_001 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Has anyone done "Sky Gypsy" from the 10th episode of Torchwood? Just curious... (Just smack me if I missed it.)
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Where can I find a paint kit for this model?
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    Where can I find a paint kit for this model?
    Mario, check your messages

meanwhile, I did do a few more paints for this lovely bird

jk9984 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Clip_3 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk9943 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

it took me some time to do it

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    it took me some time to do it
    But the result looks very nice!

Throttle lever problems after SU8

If anyone else is having problems with the throttles and VC throttle levers not responding to throttle quadrant lever movement, try this fix:

Open the model folder in: dh89-dragonrapide\SimObjects\Airplanes\Rapide\model

Open the vc.xml file with Notepad or Notepad++

Search for THROTTLE1_

This should find the following section:

:1 (>K:THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL)
    quit

:2 (>K:THROTTLE1_INCR_SMALL)

Add AXIS_ in front of THROTTLE1 on each line as follows:

:1 (>K:AXIS_THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL)
    quit

:2 (>K:AXIS_THROTTLE1_INCR_SMALL)

Now search for THROTTLE2_ and add AXIS_ as above, then save and close vc.xml.

Next, open the Rapide.xml file with Notepad or Notepad++

Search for THROTTLE1_

This should find the following line:

<EventID>THROTTLE1_SET</EventID>

Again, add AXIS_ in front of THROTTLE1:

<EventID>AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET</EventID>

Now search for THROTTLE2_ and add AXIS_ as above, then save and close Rapide.xml.

Interesting. No problems with the throttles here, both work fine using click-and-drag, mouse wheel or hardware throttles.

Members who have read this thread: 4