Repaint problem Captain Sim 707

Thread: Repaint problem Captain Sim 707

Repaint problem Captain Sim 707

Hello everyone,

I paint a lot of aircraft for FSX but I don't know what to do now...
    Working on my new repaint the NATO E-3A AWACS LX-N90450 ''70 Years NATO'', as you can see down below you need to apply his registration on the Radar (don't know how to call these lol)
    anyway when I paint these one is mirrored and the other in the correct way, but I only have 1 texture where I can repaint those. I don't know if i'm clear so I attached some pics, maybe someone can help me with this.

Like to hear from you.

Kind regards,
    Timo Brouwer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lx-n90450-nato-boeing-e-3a-sentry-707-320b_PlanespottersNet_852787_f1c76d9227_o.jpg   lx-n90450-nato-boeing-e-3a-sentry-707-320b_PlanespottersNet_852787_f1c76d9227_o.jpg   Untitled.jpg  

The location of textures is defined by the model. As you can't change the model there options are limited. What I normally do is either leave the numbers out, or chose numbers which can be mirrored (like 0, 1 and 8).

I realise these options are both not authentic, but in my options these are the best alternatives.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The location of textures is defined by the model. As you can't change the model there options are limited. What I normally do is either leave the numbers out, or chose numbers which can be mirrored (like 0, 1 and 8).

I realise these options are both not authentic, but in my options these are the best alternatives.

Cheers,
    Huub
    That's a shame, it costs me a lot of the quality of my repaint. Well unfortunately I don't have a other option, thanks anyway

From the texture sheet, it looks like you do have the radar pedestal / support available, one upright, the one next to it inverted. Did you notice that?

Seems you just need a flipped regnum on the inverted one. HOWEVER - they may indicate a side view and a front/back view. If you put a number on the inverted, unpainted one, see what happens. Can't hurt.

Members who have read this thread: 0