Changing the static/AI aircraft at airfields

Thread: Changing the static/AI aircraft at airfields

Changing the static/AI aircraft at airfields

You can get any MSFS-native aircraft to appear as static aircraft though the degree of success varies by airfield.
    Only MSFS-native AI works, which is sad as there is a LOT of FSX military AI available.

EGBW with 8 Seafires (plus one more out of shot, by the Vulcan), 2 MB339s and just one generic single
    I'd be interested to know how the AI parking is defined for this field as it seems to attract a lot of Seafires...

Ensure the aircraft.cfg contains these lines for the liveries you wish to use
    atc_parking_types ="ANY" ; gets everything
    atc_parking_codes =""
    isAirTraffic=1

You can disable the generic AI by setting their isAirTraffic=0 but that's a lot of work and will get overwritten next patch.

I did try this trick for Duxford but sadly the A320's still showed up so I think Duxford is explicitly including the A320.
    You can get (eg) MB339s and Banshees there though.
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    You can disable the generic AI by setting their isAirTraffic=0 but that's a lot of work and will get overwritten next patch.
    You can batch change this line and any other line with Notepad++ by using the Find in Files function:

In the Search tab, select Find in Files and set the following search parameters:

Find what: isAirTraffic=1

Replace with:
    isAirTraffic=0

Filters: aircraft.cfg

Directory: <<The absolute path to your Community folder or other location containing only the planes you want to be changed>>

Now click the Replace in Files button, and all the aircraft.cfg files in that directory are changed in seconds flat!

I still recommend backing up the files first, but this would still save a bunch of time!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Resurrecting this thread because I have a related follow-up, and it is such a long shot that it is not worth a new thread. Anyone have any ideas on HOW OFTEN to make an AI plane appear at an airport, i.e., how common or rare the plane is? I think you get where I'm going here. I might like, say, 172s on every airport, Cubs on about half of them, T-6s on 5% of them, P-51s on 1% of them, and so on. So I want to alter the relative probability of each plane being chosen to occupy a parking spot that the sim has decided to fill. I assume there's no way to do this. Any plane (livery?) with IsAirTraffic=1 has an equal probability of showing up in its designated type of parking space. If it's by livery, I guess you could have 100 different 172 liveries each tagged with IsAirTraffic=1 but only one P=51 livery so tagged, and thus create 100x the chance of a 172 appearing as a P-51, but I'm not sure it works that way and anyway, I don't have enough 172 skins. Ideas? August

Sounds like a question to post over at FSDeveloper perhaps?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

There's also an entire section of the official forum dedicated to the SDK.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Yes, those are better places for my query. But I don't frequent those forums much, and thought I'd start with my friends first! Was hoping for more of a "user" solution than a "developer" one.

August

Members who have read this thread: 0