Bleriot XI for MSFS out! (Wing42)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleriot XI for MSFS out! (Wing42)

Bleriot XI for MSFS out! (Wing42)

of Author never finished Vega for P3D (which is a pity, because the model was outstanding simply)

This look like high quality also:

https://wing42.com/en/msfs-addons/29...-for-msfs.html

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you for the heads-up, YoYo! I remember when this was originally being developed years ago for FSX, and I was really looking forward to it back then. It is so nice to see it completed now for MSFS!

The flight through the English Channel (with historic start and meta) will be a real challenge !

I personally went back to P3Dv5 for a bit. Due to the lack of cool add-ons (no full SDK for developers), MSFS is a little boring so Im glad to see this B.XI ;>.
    Last edited by YoYo; November 20th, 2020 at 14:24.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but this is my favorite type of virtual flying, with my favorite aircraft design prior to WWI. The model detail and textures are absolutely phenomenal, as are the flight dynamics. The look of the wood structure, the spinning Gnome rotary engine, fabric surfaces, etc., are all superb. The sounds for the Anzani engine are also fantastic, though perhaps not so for the Gnome engine (but they'll do). The only wish I would have is to see the pilot's head animating/looking around (just for the sake of screenshots really).

Flying the Gnome-powered variants, just like the authentic real examples restored/built and operated by Mikael Carlson, have more than enough power to get you airborne and to some pretty good heights. The Anzani-powered variants, however, like the one based at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, only have enough power to get you airborne if you're lucky enough to have a bit of a headwind to help. With the Anzani-powered example at Old Rhinebeck, they only do hops with it down the length of the runway, which is all I was able to accomplish with the simulator version as well.

First, some screenshots from La Ferte Alais, France, with one of the Gnome-powered examples.

Doing some hops (all I could muster) with the Old Rhinebeck Anzani-powered Bleriot. The flight dynamics seem very authentically challenging.

Here's the result of an unfortunate downwind taxi...

Visiting Mikael Carlson's private airfield in Sebbarp, Sweden.

I just love the craftsmanship/care that went into portraying the spinning Gnome rotary so well (I've never seen it done this well in a MS flight sim before).

Any landing you can walk away from...

Thx Bomber for mini review! Btw. Does pilot have animated elements during flight?

Bomber your screenshots are always a work of art. Took me a while to work out whether the first you posted (the 'B&W' one) was a real photo or not. You could forge a career making advertising material for 3rd party developers!

Blog Entries
    :::LOL:: God I love you guys... Youll find three versions of the Bleriot in the package: Thr 25HP Anzani has a fairly accurate flight model for mid level pilots wanting a challenge but not wanting white knuckle-itus: The 25HP RIP version is what we originally jokingly referred too as the "study Level" version. The flight model is as exact as were were able to make it, and has been corroborated to be so by several historians and I think maybe even one pilot ( though things were moving so fast there I wasnt sure who was saying what ). The 50HP Gnome is the easy model. It was made for all skill levels being the fastest and easiest to fly of the trio. It was used during WWI by several forces for reconnaissance.

Flying the Bleriot requires you too forget everything you think you know about being an aviator. Your 3000 hours in the seat of some tubliner or even a piper cub, isnt going to save you from the Bleriot. It's small, heavy tail caused enough drag to keep it on the ground and you could never get off if you didnt get the tail up ( lightly push the stick forward at around 10MPH to bring the tail up )The plane will accelerate fairly quickly ( within the limitations of the sims current Flight model engine )and the plane will gently lift off at 26MPH. DONT pull back on the stick. Youll stall. Your altitude is controlled by the amount of lift you can produce, and the amount of lift is controlled by your speed. Keep the plane level and let it build up speed. Itll climb on its own at a nice steady 40MPH up through 6000 feet.

When you turn, make it slow. This plane has a massive amount of sideslip and the longer you let that sideslip control the plane, the faster it builds up till you finally spin into a spiral and crash. Always use a light reverse rudder to counter the turn but dont go into too steep of a bank ( unless your in the Gnome ). It will end you..

Finally, This thing may as well not have a rudder while its on the ground.. The original Bleriots had to have assistants line it up on the runway, but we dont have that here, so I gave you just the mildest bit of rudder to help you keep it straight. It still doesnt do much, but its something.. Never take this plane off in any crosswind above 4 knots. Never take this plane off in any direction except into the wind and never land it except into the wind.. Crabbing is normal, even with a two MPH breeze..

I thouroughly enjoyed working on this plane with Wing42. It was most assuredly, a work of love. I do hope youll find this to be the most challenging aircraft you have ever flown, and if you become half as thrilled flying it as I was making it fly, then I have succeeded..

Love you guys:
    Pam

PS:: Special mentions go out to the Old Rhinbeck Aerodrome for their Many quality videos they have made of their Bleriot, Louis Bleriot the grandson of Louis Bleriot for his amazing documentary on the Bleriot XI, and too too many quality history sites for their knowledge, history and wisdom. Without even one of these things, I could not have made the flight model..

SOH-CM-2024

Where is the prop blur?

Something has to do something about that. I have it for FSX and it flies fine, well, it's a beast anyhow. But before I lay down my measly pittance, something's got to be done about that prop blur.

Cazzie

Some preparations in Calais, ahead of aiming to recreate the Channel crossing to Dover.

As I read crossing the La Manche channel it was only 37 minutes for this bird .

Hello,

I've just read this post and I've just recognised the scene of La Ferté-Alais ... under MSFS.
    Being the author of the same scene for FSX, I wanted to tell you that LFFQ-La Ferté Alais was in the process of being ported to become a native scene.
    It should be completed by the end of the year (http://frenchvfr.free.fr) and should be freeware of course !

Thx lagaffe!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    As I read crossing the La Manche channel it was only 37 minutes for this bird .
    Hi Yo Yo... Your mostly correct. It was 36 minutes. It wouldnt have been that long had he not been blown off course by a few miles and he had to backtrack his route along the coast till he saw his friend waving the French Flag.. It Added several miles to his trip, and extended his time.. The aircraft he flew used a 25 HP Anzani "W" engine, and you can duplicate this flight using the Anzani RIP Edition Bleriot..
    Pam

I'm not going to buy this, I'm not going to buy this, I'm not going to buy this..........
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Oh yes you are.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I knew it

I'm sold...but I'll have to buy 2020 first
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Today he added paintkit for Bleriot on his website:
    https://wing42.com/en/msfs-addons/29...-for-msfs.html .

I am so glad I got this!

Once installed I dove directly to the Anzani RIP version. It was good that I have been warned on how to handle a take off. So much fun! I would not try crossing La Manche though. On still air it is torturing how slow it is and how much effort is needed to keep it straight. Short hops are fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0