Sim Skunk Works Tornado in p3D V5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sim Skunk Works Tornado in p3D V5

Ok, before I drive myself crazy, what else besides the following files, do I need to download & install to get the Sim Skunkworks Tornado to work properly in P3DV5.1? I have the following installed currently that I downloaded from Simmarket today:

SSW.Tornado-Installer-P3DV5-1.0.0

SSW.Tornado-Installer-P3DV5-HF1

and

SSW.Tornado-Installer-P3DV5-Textures-1.0.0

Btw, I tried doing <ctrl> + <shft> + "R", and then <ctrl> +"E" but that did nothing. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok, before I drive myself crazy, what else besides the following files, do I need to download & install to get the Sim Skunkworks Tornado to work properly in P3DV5.1? I have the following installed currently that I downloaded from Simmarket today:

SSW.Tornado-Installer-P3DV5-1.0.0

SSW.Tornado-Installer-P3DV5-HF1

and

SSW.Tornado-Installer-P3DV5-Textures-1.0.0

Btw, I tried doing <ctrl> + <shft> + "R", and then <ctrl> +"E" but that did nothing. NC
    You're going to need vACMI (both the client and objects. Ships aren't necessary). See here.
    You'll need version 10.1.0 at the bottom.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    You're going to need vACMI (both the client and objects. Ships aren't necessary). See here.
    You'll need version 10.1.0 at the bottom.

Dave
    Ok, I installed those files. The following popup appears:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-1_16-44-49-88.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	81789

I clicked Connect to server, but there isn't one. Could someone please explain to me what vACMI is? From what little I understand about it, the app is for MP mostly, but can be used for Single player? I am clueless. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok, I installed those files. The following popup appears:

I clicked Connect to server, but there isn't one. Could someone please explain to me what vACMI is? From what little I understand about it, the app is for MP mostly, but can be used for Single player? I am clueless. NC
    You're not alone, I did email their support, but no response ...
    Would love it to work.

Oh, dear.

vACMI is SSW's version of TacPack. You need it installed if you want weapons loaded/displayed on your aircraft. There's more information here.

Don't bother trying to connect to the vACMI server. I've never managed a connection yet.

Dave

Why am I unsurprised that it doesn't work?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

As far as I know I have everything installed correctly in the Tornado but still can't get the any load outs to show on the airplane and I have received no response from my emails to SSW. I've had some help from another member somewhat more familiar with this package but he has not been able to solve this problem either. The airplane flies well enough for me in P3Dv5 and VR but I would really like to have load options.

I have the latest Aircraft Configurator running ok, and am able to load weapons. But I can't get the canopy close lever to move.... NC

Correction.....just got the lever to move, but canopy remains up.

Hi
    I still can't make any load out appear using the configurator but I have been able to close the canopy. I have the switches in front of the joystick on, start both engines (might work with just one) select the left hydraulic pump (lower right side of instrument panel) up (on) right pump auto (centered) generators on, then move the canopy handle using the mouse wheel to the first detent about one third along - should here a tone and the canopy starts to close, then move the rest of the way to lock using the mouse wheel. It seems only to move using the mouse wheel.
    Hope this helps

Warren (aspen31)

If you have sound and if you have vACMI correctly installed, then hitting <ctrl>+<shft>+"R" (all together) will cause the canopy to close (among other things) and the system will tell you to start the engines.

Dave

What is vACMI exactly? I got the SSW Zipper/Harrier/F-84 recently and have not loaded or figured out what it does . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi
    As far as I understand it vACMI is the SSW system similar to Tacpack which allows weapons to be loaded out and dropped on imaginary targets. My impression is that it doesn't work correctly. In the Tornado as noted above I have not been able to cause the configurator to add and see on the aircraft any weapons or drop tanks although it works for some. This seems to work correctly in the 104 although I am told that there is a different system there. A window opens on start up at least in the Tornado apparently allowing connection with the vACMI "battle" site but it has never worked for me. Except for the members of this forum there seems no support either. There have been no email responses to me from SSW, not entirely unexpected given that these airplanes were free to me.
    Hope this helps
    Warren (aspen31)

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What is vACMI exactly? I got the SSW Zipper/Harrier/F-84 recently and have not loaded or figured out what it does . .
    See post #30, above.

There's a weight-and-balance issue in here somewhere. A clean aircraft flies straight, but put a load on and she keeps wanting to turn left. Probably a misplaced minus sign.

There's no point in trying to email SSW. Covid.

Dave

Hi again all
    I have solved the configurator problem - sort of - SSW suggested I need to run the sim as administrator but I load it through Oculus which apparently does not run it as administrator. Running outside Oculus allows me to see the loadouts. Now I need to figure out how to run the sim and have the VR work.
    More to follow I'm sure.
    Best
    Warren (aspen31)

I received a reply from my email to SSW with a link to the hotfix (hf1) and after installing the hotfix can report all is now working correctly.
    Obviously happy and am now enjoying the Tornado.

Gary

Hi again all
    I am close to solving the problem with my Tornado Configurator but am wondering if there are any P3Dv5 / Oculus Rift S users out there who might help me.

I operate Prepar3dV5 through Oculus Client (necessary to make the Oculus Rift S work) but Oculus Client does not run P3D with Admin rights - which is needed to operate at least the Tornado Configurator to see the load-outs on the aircraft. I have tried to change the P3D .exe to always run as Admin but then P3D will not load through Oculus Client - don't know why. Is there a way to cause Oculus Client to run P3D with Admin rights? I have posted this question at the Oculus Forum but I don't believe there are too many flight simmers over there.

Thanks
    Warren

Hi all! New member here, thank you to admins for setting me up. I'm looking for some help, the last post in this thread is a year ago but hopefully someone is out there!

I'm running a new install of P3Dv5.3 Academic in Win 10. I've installed vACMI, SSW's PA200 Tornado (from SimMarket) plus textures plus hotfix.

I can start up and fly the aircraft with basic systems eg HUD. I can display the TV-TAB window and the ground mapping radar window. However.... I can only select a small number of cockpit switches, many/most are not functional. And the Tablet URL is broken so I can't access any of the instructions, checklists, key guide etc.

Reading this thread and some other online breadcrumbs, these are not new issues, but it seems some members had this aircraft fully working approx one year ago. I found an online video with the SSW Tornado running 100% in P3Dv4 - full clickable cockpit, TFR, ground mapping radar, and bomb release on an airfield target. I'd love to achieve that!

SO.... can anyone help me achieve full functionality? Here are some thoughts for potential fixes:

- Does anyone have the tablet content available offline, perhaps as PDF documents or similar?

- I believe SSW introduced keyless installers a while ago, but prior to that full functionality required activation and registry key. Is there still something there I'm missing?

- A final option could be the P3Dv4 edition of the Tornado. It's no longer available for sale, but according to SSW's Facebook page they removed the copyright on their older aircraft to enable sharing within the community. Perhaps someone has those installation files?

It's fantastic that SSW made this available for free, and maybe it simply doesn't work 100% in P3Dv5.3. I understand SSW no longer supports P3D products. I've emailed them for help but I'm not sure I'll hear back.

Thank you (and sorry for the long post!)

jsdnav - I would poiitely suggest that you forget about SSW aircraft in P3DV5. There are two issues the first is the model configurators and systems rely upon an early version of simconnect and a internet connection to get them operable. Second you will find that installing this will lead to P3D system problems caused by the SSW loaders overwriting your P3D client and content system files with earlier and outdated simconnect scripts - giving you even more problems specifically in the area of controls and control inputs (joystick keyboard etc). Basically you can get them loaded into the sim but the VCs and systems will be basically only partially functional.

I spent several fruitless days attempting to work around this and failed. I then spent even more time reconfiguring and reinstalling P3DV5 to correct the damage done. My advice find another earlier and non SSW model of the Tornado or any of the others they dumped out as they sped off to MSFS land and forget SSW and P3DV5.

The delete button is the most suitable outcome for the SSW collection. That is where all mine went! Into the null void.
    Last edited by BendyFlyer; April 27th, 2022 at 19:31.

Members who have read this thread: 2