Boeing B314 "Clipper" released - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Boeing B314 "Clipper" released

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    How do I turn off the radio beacon, The dot dot dot dah sounds. I turned off all the radios toggle switches and levers and changed the frequencies but still hear the code.
    Try updating aircraft.cfg, ensure you have in radio section Audio turned to one. Seams strange, but to be able to shut down radio sounds, you needs them to be enabled...

Code:
    [radios]
    Audio.1=1
    Gérard

That's what I clicked on. Now if I load a fresh session of the clipper I can't get the Morse code to come on. I had a saved flight with the engines running and the plane in the water
    and the Morse code sounds were ON - I clicked each head phone to OFF (both of them) and the Morse code was still beeping.
    Gray, As I wrote day before, no issue for me and I checked especially for you this function yesterday, I can turn on / off the sound of morse code and I can hear the sound, or I can turn it off, even though it's active and the arrow still shows good direction of RDF (NDB or ADF). I didnt touch any cfg file, so like default model. Do you have the last version with hothix? 1.2 + R1.1G. Second - you wrote abour saved file. Try to take not saved file, just new scenerio with new model. Maybe its an active VOR from your fligh before from the other addon? In Clipper not VOR radio, but maybe it works if it was used before?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I tried a fresh flight and now when I click on either one of the two headphones - No NDB morse code sounds. In other words, I can't activate the dot dot dot sounds.
    I asked the developer about this but who knows if and when I get a reply.

As far as I can tell I don't need the hotfix - I got this last Dec - I believe I have Rel 1.1G same rel as hot fix.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Gray, As I wrote day before, no issue for me and I checked especially for you this function yesterday, I can turn on / off the sound of morse code and I can hear the sound, or I can turn it off, even though it's active and the arrow still shows good direction of RDF (NDB or ADF). I didnt touch any cfg file, so like default model. Do you have the last version with hothix? 1.2 + R1.1G. Second - you wrote abour saved file. Try to take not saved file, just new scenerio with new model. Maybe its an active VOR from your fligh before from the other addon? In Clipper not VOR radio, but maybe it works if it was used before?

Have you it least checked my suggestion !!!

Gérard

Have you it least checked my suggestion !!!

Gérard

Didn't have to do anything but verify.

[radios]
    // Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1=1
    Com.1=1,0
    Com.2=1,0
    Nav.1=1,0,0
    Nav.2=1,0,0
    Adf.1=1
    Adf.2=1
    Transponder.1=0
    Marker.1=0

Thanks,

From the mouth of the developer, on FsDeveloper
    Arrrrrrr stooopiddd. No audio panel declared in the aircraft.cfg file.
    - no audio panel = permanent ident on
    - audio panel = you can then turn it on and off
    Personally I'd class that as a bug in the sim as logic says no audio panel = no audio. But what do I know... 😖
    Just in case you thought my suggestion was unapropriate....
    I just checked, this was before the last released update

Gérard

Thanks for the suggestion. I can start a new session of the Clipper and now cannot activate the Morse when I click on the headphones.
    I did read the manual and Yo Yo explained it as well. Try this, with no generator power, zero power I could still hear the Morse ID and
    clicked both sides of the head phones off. Very strange. I think I will delete that saved file. Doesn't matter much about the Morse on/off anyway.
    As long as I can get the plane started and take off and fly and land. That HF update had the same files as the main basic I got last
    Dec so the update isn't necessary.
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 11th, 2022 at 09:08.

Btw. I have info about that new patch incoming for A model and it will released very soon. Patch will have also few new skins, including British C-98 . Cant wait! I wanted to do these skins but now I can wait.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Known story but with a nice show :

Yep, its a good idea for Hollywood movie!

Btw. I have info about that new patch incoming for A model and it will released very soon. Patch will have also few new skins, including British C-98 . Cant wait! I wanted to do these skins but now I can wait.
    Looking forward to that patch. Maybe it will fix my no Morse ID on/off issue. The patch that is out now was for earlier release then what I have now.

Looking forward to that patch. Maybe it will fix my no Morse ID on/off issue. The patch that is out now was for earlier release then what I have now.
    I dont know about this but I naver saw any raport on the other forum too about this strange issue on your system. For me its ok and on/off the sound works. I guess this is a special situation . What I remember, in the version at the beginning there was no this option and there was always the sound on, I personally asked for the on / off option on the headphones to be done and the developer did it out, so maybe you have some leftovers from the old version installed?

This is fictional skin but why not ?

This is fictional skin but why not ?
    Are you not above Panama Canal ?
    Is this an add-on scenery ?

I have an old freeware scenery (PanamaFS-X - 2011) I tried to update for P3D...
    This is an old screenshot - will have to see how it looks on 5.3

Gérard

Yep, the same, looks ok in v5.3 too however on the sea a little far away I found a bug (like road?).

YoYo - that was a great little video on the B314 and Pan Am - completely oblivious to that journey. Your textures for the interior do indeed make it much more liveable - I can see plenty of stuff now!
    Ah the Panama Canal - another part of the world scenery I had completely forgotten about as well. By the way there is an FSX scenery for La Guardia (klga_pr_v_1 which is a photoreal scenery for La Guadia which actually modelled the old Pan Am Terminal not badly at all - only problem is the nearby changes to water and bridges etc basically or almost has you landlocked there.

Now its time to get to know the B314 better (seems like there are only a handful of us simmers who appreciate what a wonderful model and aeroplane this is). It will be a decade plus before it surfaces if ever in MSFS so enjoy it in P3D.

[Not much simming lately for me due major issue with my main SSD meant I had to get a new one and then rebuild P3D and everything it contained from scratch (sigh!)]. Still nicely up to date with 5.3 and the B314 works beautifully there for me. Time to get across the Atlantic in it!

I also forgot after the reinstall of all of everything to turn off the ACUFEEL water effects - with NVIDIA wave motion it is unnecessary and merely amplifies the waves in a bad way.

Accu Feel https://a2asimulations.com/product/a...and-sea-p3dv4/ is also obligatory for me, especially for seaplanes, the effect and the sound of the water is great here.

Btw.
    Did you try this Lorby addon for seaplanes (even if you have parking brake on - so the buoy - the plane move if is the wind)?

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

FREE: Lorby Mooring for P3D V4.x, V5.x and MSFS

Btw.
    Did you try this Lorby addon for seaplanes (even if you have parking brake on - so the buoy - the plane move if is the wind)?

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

FREE: Lorby Mooring for P3D V4.x, V5.x and MSFS
    I have it now thanks - I was using the TrueNorth version of an anchor - which locked the posn but required a change and addition to the panel config to work. This is much better with simple GUI box to drive it!. Clever!

Nice scenery for Foynes you have there - something your working on? My Foynes is much more simple just a jetty and a small control tower!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I have it now thanks - I was using the TrueNorth version of an anchor - which locked the posn but required a change and addition to the panel config to work. This is much better with simple GUI box to drive it!. Clever!

Nice scenery for Foynes you have there - something your working on? My Foynes is much more simple just a jetty and a small control tower!
    About scenery, perhaps yes, you have the same: https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search . I did tweak only because the scenery is not compatible with FTX ORBX Vector ect. + some more objects. Good place fot the start.

I installed this Mooring soft of Lorby, I'll check it how it works, now I see options like this so it looks prommising:

Im back with info, yes, this Lorby Mooring works with P3Dv5.3 HT2 and stops any movement on the water, even with strong wind from Active Sky. Cool tool.

Im back with info, yes, this Lorby Mooring works with P3Dv5.3 HT2 and stops any movement on the water, even with strong wind from Active Sky. Cool tool.
    Sure is and so simple to install and use, works really well. A must for flying boats ops!

I tried this and for me, it has same effect as using the Pause key.

Members who have read this thread: 2