Boeing B314 "Clipper" released - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B314 "Clipper" released

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Not yet (my VC textures), I saw the new version, install it Tomorrow after checking.

At last downloaded and sucessfully installed the Boeing B314. Looked really good and that is as far as I got, the power supply on my brand new PC chose to fail right there and then, the black screen of death. So it seems now I will wait again until the PC comes back from warranty repairs-rectification - then I might get to enjoy and explore this one. Sometimes you do wonder why is this so difficult? Years of waiting for the developers to make it happen, then more months for them to move it to production, months of tantalising screenshots from you good folk, paints at the ready, VC textures at the ready, sim at the ready, but computer says NO!. Sometimes you do wonder why is this so difficult?

I'm trying to decide if I need this. I love the B314 but I don't see myself hand flying it across the Atlantic or Pacific. I like to hand fly short flights (up to a couple hours) or fly the heavies and do the preflight work, start, taxi, takeoff, get to cruise and engage the auto pilot with the "Pause at TOD" option and come back to do the descent, landing, taxi, shut down. I like Manfred's C-47 because I can get to cruise and do the same, keeping an eye on the clock to come back in time to descend and land.

Is the Pilot's B314 for me?

Thanks for any help.

I'm trying to decide if I need this. I love the B314 but I don't see myself hand flying it across the Atlantic or Pacific. I like to hand fly short flights (up to a couple hours) or fly the heavies and do the preflight work, start, taxi, takeoff, get to cruise and engage the auto pilot with the "Pause at TOD" option and come back to do the descent, landing, taxi, shut down. I like Manfred's C-47 because I can get to cruise and do the same, keeping an eye on the clock to come back in time to descend and land.

Is the Pilot's B314 for me?

Thanks for any help.
    So now that the Sperry Gyropilot is working, there's still a caveat with my recommendation of the 314.

The aircraft, for me, can be a bit of a bear to trim into enough of a hands-off situation to warrant engaging the gyropilot. I haven't flown any of the TransAt flights yet, I think my longest stint flying was 5 hours before I was called away and had to tend to real life.
    Given enough time, I got it to where it was stable and hands off, without the gyropilot being usable at that stage in the beta/EA. But that was around 2.5-3 hours into the flight, which is pushing your time a bit.

That aside, its the only systems-level simulation of the ultimate 1930s flying boat. I spent much of my time flying it from the Flight Engineer's seat, watching the engines, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, for sure, but its been an enjoyable experience and I've always enjoyed flying the 314.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    The price is a joke
    Agreed! Sorry, but its not in my budget.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

The new version is out

Enjoy

Gérard

Thx for info.
    I must back to Clipper but not now . Is it ok now?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thx for info.
    I must back to Clipper but not now . Is it ok now?
    Yes - just in need of your textures for V5- some few details have changed.

Gérard

Thanks for the heads up. I see they are still installing into the main folder not the xml method.
    On the water at Bermuda - Daryl's Island. Now to get the beasty started LOL.

Test flying or getting used to this beast. Bit of a slug as expected with lots of quirks for the era. The PIlot's scenario for Laguardia puts you on one side of the airport near a jetty, the opposite side to where the Marine Terminal was. I found an older FSX scenery for Laguardia that had the Pan Am Marine Terminal modelled and tried that. World has changed so getting out of the narrow bay and into open water was ok but fraught. Overall scenery works ok and looks better than the default Laguadia which does have the marine terminal well sort of , some flattens to do that is all. Think the default scenery for NYC is well ordinary!

Flypast the Terminal at Laquardia

Down the Hudson

Hi, Id like to back to Clipper. How it looks now? I downloaded, patched 1.2v from Pilots store.
    Maybe I’ll do update for my old inside textures too.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I got this last Dec 01 2021 -Is there a patch for this now?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I got this last Dec 01 2021 -Is there a patch for this now?
    I think you have current, the last update of Pro version is - R1g April 2021.

Back to Clipper for a while .

Back to Clipper for a while .
    Welcome on board

Gérard

I cant use in this version parking brake, it does not work for me, buoy doesnt show up ("Ctrl+.").

btw.
    what is good no any issue with my "old" inetrior mod textures. The original ones are not acceptable (too dark still). I will improve them a little more and I'll release it on SOH soon.

Cool shots Yoyo. Like the one with the sailer most.

Dan

what is good no any issue with my "old" interior mod textures.
    Take care that there are two small model modifications in the last version (at least, the one I have noticed...)
    - the Pilot Elevator Trim scale (left side of the Pilot seat, near the throttle levers),
    - the labels on the GyroPilot lever have been inverted (right side of pilot seat)

Gérard

Hi, if You want to have brighter textures inside of B314 (and not too dark cockpit) this mod will be for You.

Link for Download (and preview): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...kpit-mod-green .

Take care that there are two small model modifications in the last version (at least, the one I have noticed...)
    - the Pilot Elevator Trim scale (left side of the Pilot seat, near the throttle levers),
    - the labels on the GyroPilot lever have been inverted (right side of pilot seat)
    Thx Gaab. I'll check it however during my tests I didnt notice this ;> (if you can you can check it too, if it needs a fix I'll do it, np).

Radio beacon

How do I turn off the radio beacon, The dot dot dot dah sounds. I turned off all the radios toggle switches and levers and changed the frequencies but still hear the code.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    How do I turn off the radio beacon, The dot dot dot dah sounds. I turned off all the radios toggle switches and levers and changed the frequencies but still hear the code.
    Sound of morse? Click (left mouse button) on headphones before radiooperator, on the table).

Sound of morse? Click (left mouse button) on headphones before radiooperator, on the table).

I left clicked both headphones off and morse sounds still heard.

No any issue here. For me it works, RDF1 on/off and RDF2 on/off. On=ident (sound of NDB on).

Example clicable place from your screenshot for RDF1, for RDF2 you must click right ear.

No any issue here. For me it works, RDF1 on/off and RDF2 on/off. On=ident (sound of NDB on).

Example clicable place from your screenshot for RDF1, for RDF2 you must click right ear.

That's what I clicked on. Now if I load a fresh session of the clipper I can't get the Morse code to come on. I had a saved flight with the engines running and the plane in the water
    and the Morse code sounds were ON - I clicked each head phone to OFF (both of them) and the Morse code was still beeping.

Members who have read this thread: 2