Boeing B314 "Clipper" released - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B314 "Clipper" released

Anyone tried to port this over to MSFS 2020 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Anyone tried to port this over to MSFS 2020 ?
    I think it could be a wrong idea. To many deeper programing here. Maybe only the shape and few basic controls will work so no big fun. They have plans for MSFS but when full SDK will be relesed by Asobo so not now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I think it could be a wrong idea. To many deeper programing here. Maybe only the shape and few basic controls will work so no big fun. They have plans for MSFS but when full SDK will be relesed by Asobo so not now.
    If you planning on doing the interior than I most likely wont get it...doing the interior was the only reason I was thinking about it...it needs it..

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Nice work YoYo certainly needed this. I am curious about the overall green colours given that Pan Am traditionally on all their aircraft did blue and brown. The seats are ok but when you see some contemporary cutaways I see creams and bieges and blue and brown. I wonder why the developers opted for the green look - I know the aluminium protection paint in this era of aircraft especially military was the dreaded khaki green of the aluminium anti corrosion paint but Pan Am was still the user and buyer and they were always fussy about the 'Pan Am' Look!
    For interest here is photograh of the Foynes replica - standard Pan Am colours - curious!
    Btw. from B.314 manual:

"Interior DecorationMake no doubt about it, the interior of the B-314 looked like a flying Art Deco palace. The following iscopied directly from the B-314 Maintenance Manual, section III and describes the interior of the clipper."

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YOYO Good find there resolves the issue nicely thanks for that. Goes to show cannot believe a lot of what you find on the net sometimes it seems. Not that I am dissappointed. They were certainly going for the luxury art deco look then same as Imperial Airways had the Indian Raj look until the S23 turned up and that was vanilla plain ala British Rail.

Started interior work, lightened all textures...next new colors and less wear..

...next new colors and less wear..
    I also did alternative version, more for Pan Am colours:

Just for test now.

Starting with leather seats.

Thx for Henrik again for his AI traffic , perfect for Clipper also!

I also did alternative version, more for Pan Am colours:

Just for test now.
    are going you going to upload it here?

has anyone been able to reproduce my fuel transfer issue with the tanks suddenly going empty?
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    are going you going to upload it here?
    For sure Matt, just Id like to wait for HT1 for v5.1 because it's supposed to change something in the lighting in VC, so its "template" only (HT1 will be in this or next week perhaps). If you want it now just PM me but its WIP version.

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    has anyone been able to reproduce my fuel transfer issue with the tanks suddenly going empty?
    I didnt touch it yet, will check. Which means suddenly going empty? Did you dump fuel before?

Starting with leather seats.
    Do you have Auto Exposure=ON? Try it OFF. ON also spoils the view outside, such as too bright clouds, sky and surroundings.

Here are my examples. In this case auto exposure helps for interior but affects outside too (sky, fog, clouds ect). I personally fly with OFF now and Im waititing for HT1 changes.

Last edited by YoYo; November 6th, 2020 at 01:22.

I didnt touch it yet, will check. Which means suddenly going empty? Did you dump fuel before?
    Wing tank refuel set to port, then select a Hydrostabilizer fuel compartment (port inboard was my first one) and flip on a fuel transfer pump from the FE station, I went from having roughly 600 gallons in the wing tank to zero instantly.

I started a new scenario and was able to reproduce it with any selection of any of the hydrostabilizer compartments, port side hydro tank zeroed out the port tanks, starboard size zeroed out the starboard tanks. I stuck with it and couldn't tell if the transfer pumps were working at all.

The hand pump on the far left would actually move fuel, but unless the flight engineer is built like Pumping Iron Schwarzenegger, I don't think that's a viable method of transferring fuel since in order to do that, you have to line up the tanks to transfer which would zero out the wing tanks.

(meaning the poor flight engineer is furiously pumping drop by drop into the wing tanks barely keeping the engines alive!)

I never touched the fuel dump switches, so that can't be it
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

New interior textures...most all interior textures have been recolored and lightened some..New seats in leather and leather wrapped yokes..poster on back wall and a few other things...this will be uploaded here today if you would like a lighter, more interesting interior. If you dont see it listed pm me and I will send you a copy.

Original

Changed

Original

Changed

Original

Changed

Last edited by TeiscoDelRay; November 6th, 2020 at 14:39.

Btw. PILOT's opened on Avsim Support corner for Clipper https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/8...support-forum/ .

Btw. PILOT's opened on Avsim Support corner for Clipper https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/8...support-forum/ .
    Thanks,,,have you found which textures are for the night with interior lights on?

I didnt touch night textures yet (will do) but what I see - model has only night textures for gauges, the rest its own 3D effect (use cockpit lamp, flight instruments ON and knobs for 3D effect on instruments for both pilots, engines and gyro).

btw. Nice idea with posters too .

Improved night lighting:

But in the final version I will tone down a little this modified.
    Last edited by YoYo; November 7th, 2020 at 04:03.

Improved night lighting:

But in the final version I will tone down a little this modified.
    Nice....thanks

Going to do this skin if anyone is interested.

Great!

Yes Tesco the BOAC B314's are a must! They are the other half of the B314 story during WW2. The Bristol, Berwick or Bangor? I guess it would have to be the Berwick, the one Winston flew back to the UK. OTP but a certain Kiwi (Jack Burgess) who flew the first Short S23 England to Australia and NZ and before that in the RAF with the Rangoons to Australia much earlier, was a Captain for BOAC on the B314 throughout the war.

Magnificent beast indeed:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOAC_Boeing_Model_314A_Clipper-Berwick_Lagos_Lagoon-photo-Imperial-War-Museums.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2