Blue Angels Super Hornets are Flying!

Thread: Blue Angels Super Hornets are Flying!

Blue Angels Super Hornets are Flying!

Actually, the Blues got their first Super Hornet in July but they are putting them through early workups now. Looking awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    GO NAVY !!

Nice shiny new Super Bugs. Cool!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Fly Navy ! Those Legacy Hornets served The Blues well , can't wait to see The E's and F's fly their airshows. Mike

I will have to drive down to NAS Pensacola, during the week, and watch them practice! NC

Lookin' sharp! I can't wait for airshows to come back. Does anyone know if the new J-model Fat Albert will be performing next season?
    America never stopped being great.

It's odd to think of the Hornets the Blues were in for so long called "Legacy". I was stationed at MCAS Yuma when they first got their brand new C Model Hornets. I was sad to see them get rid of their Phantoms. I had been watching them over at El Centro practicing the whole time I was stationed at MCAS. Only an hour ride from Yuma on my bike. Maybe less, depending on how many CHPs were out that day. IN their Phantoms. Big, smokey, loud...crowd pleasers. Just as I got out, they were transitioning to Hornets, along with the rest of the Navy/MC.

One day I was working out on the flight line, doing the Electric Shop turn-arounds on the Kfirs with 401, and I saw a Hornet in the Blue's colors come in at the far end of the runway. I thought he was going to land, but he stayed a couple hundred feet off the ground, and got slower, and slower, ...and slower..., as he came down the runway. Needless to say, his nose got higher, and higher as he slowed. When he got down near our end of the runway, he was no longer moving forward, still in the air. He was balanced on the thrust of his engines. All of us out on the flight line were watching by now, thinking that we were going to see a crash. He just sort of danced around on the tail for a while, maybe a minute, and then took of straight up. We all cheered and clapped, then went back to work. Like he ever knew that...

Turned out they were testing a new routine, and they did it at MCAS because they had a better Crash Crew. Had to give the pilot lots of confidence, huh? Anywho, he flew straight back to El Centro, and they decided it was too dangerous to perform in front of a real crowd (other than the flight line people at work that day. Thanks, huh?).

And now, they're getting NEW Hornets, again. Strange to think...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    And now, they're getting NEW Hornets, again. Strange to think...
    Pat☺
    Time's fun when yer havin' flies, Pat!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0