Howard in Metal!

Thread: Howard in Metal!

Icon2 Howard in Metal!

Older test video...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looks stunning, any plans on a release and for the Green one in detailed rivets?

BTW, who is that in your avatar?

This model seems to only work well in P3Dv3 as in reflections. Not able to get GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds to work in FSX-SE or P3Dv3. LOoks like crap!
    Not sure about FSX.

Working on getting the bottom wing parts together, rivets, lines, panels redo as time permits. Flaps needs work at the moment.

Anyways the actor is Jim Caviezel. He's interview of his latest movie... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOP0FoVMXUM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2020-09-25 181015.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    This model seems to only work well in P3Dv3 as in reflections. Not able to get GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds to work in FSX-SE or P3Dv3. LOoks like crap!
    Not sure about FSX.

Working on getting the bottom wing parts together, rivets, lines, panels redo as time permits. Flaps needs work at the moment.

Anyways the actor is Jim Caviezel. He's interview of his latest movie... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOP0FoVMXUM

Curious as to how it would look/work in P3D V4.5?

It is a looker for sure

Thanks for the info on the actor.....

I think P3Dv4+ handles the lighting differently so results may not look the same who knows. Have you downloaded this particular model? See how the TWA paint that's included looks in P3Dv4.

Not a good clear video but like how metal looks so the Howard got polished.

Is this the latest and greatest? If so, it's from 2013 and no mention of FSX - I'm assuming your are still testing one that hasn't been released, or has it?

Didn't see any TWA paints - not with file in link below:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0-with-fix-zip

Think this may be the one but didn't get it here

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...sx-howard-500/

Should be this one "Howard 500 for FSX and P3D - Native FSX.zip" dated 2019.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=hw5fsxms.zip

This is the only bare metal one in the collection that I could find. Has the smudge/grease looks on the exterior. Candidate for the wash rack. (P3D V4.5)

Looks like what you are showing is a WIP....

Here's how the collection looks in FSX-SE and P3Dv3. Alphas and specs seemed to be handled differently between sims. The same with P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

FSX Pass

P3Dv3 Pass

FSX Cargo

P3Dv3 Cargo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-9-27_15-48-1-FSX.jpg   2020-9-27_15-33-17-905.jpg   2020-9-27_15-48-27-FSX.jpg   2020-9-27_15-34-44-692.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    I like the FSX Cargo

I'd be keen to place an order for that please

Pete.

Here's how the collection looks in FSX-SE and P3Dv3. Alphas and specs seemed to be handled differently between sims. The same with P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

FSX Pass

P3Dv3 Pass

FSX Cargo

P3Dv3 Cargo
    Looks like the FSX ones are shiner then in P3D. I tried the bare metal P in P3d v3 looks dark as well

How do you open the cabin windows?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    How do you open the cabin windows?
    There you go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Howard 500 Docs.jpg  

I think P3Dv4+ handles the lighting differently so results may not look the same who knows. Have you downloaded this particular model? See how the TWA paint that's included looks in P3Dv4.

Not a good clear video but like how metal looks so the Howard got polished.

So, is FS2020 going to be up to the task of showing the reflections of the nacelles and props in the fuselage like this Lodestar or are we still not there yet? Yes or no I will be buying a rig set up to run it next year. Keeping my current one for FSX unless most of my current hangar will migrate over.

I think P3Dv4+ handles the lighting differently so results may not look the same who knows. Have you downloaded this particular model? See how the TWA paint that's included looks in P3Dv4.<br>
    <br>
    Not a good clear video but like how metal looks so the Howard got polished.<br>
    <br>
    So, is FS2020 going to be up to the task of showing the reflections of the nacelles and props in the fuselage like this Lodestar or are we still not there yet? Yes or no I will be buying a rig set up to run it next year. Keeping my current one for FSX unless most of my current hangar will migrate over.

The default models do show self-reflections as you would see in real aircraft. Whether someone converts the Howard over to MSFS will be the big question.

Lightbulb

The default models do show self-reflections as you would see in real aircraft. Whether someone converts the Howard over to MSFS will be the big question.

I wonder what efforts it would take for the bare metal exterior, and other exteriors, to display brighter reflections in P3D v4, especially, remove the sooty appearance on the bare metal textures?

Not so much a PBR conversion or effort. Maybe some kind of alpha channel adjustment(s)?

I've seen Manfred's C-47 exterior evolve from FSX to P3D clarity - especially the shiny aluminum testures. I think for those textures, a file called GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds

had some impact. I've tried that file with the Howard, seems to not make any difference.

Edit: I've put this one in the hanger for now. What attracted me back to the Howard (again) was the shiny metal rendition you've shown which is unattainable (for now) in P3D V4.

What is the status for the Howard 500 with rivets

Is the Howard 500 with rivets ever gonna be released for P3D Series or is this a pass for MS 2020?

I'd sure lie to see this finished for P3D use.

Members who have read this thread: 1