WW1_Western_Front scenery package! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WW1_Western_Front scenery package!

Thanks Kdriver,

I put it in the Main TEXTURE folder and it works great.
    I will have to wait for Ravenna to find the Ruins.

Regards,
    B24Guy

I've had the ruins files for so long I can't remember where I picked them up. I'll have another search of my files today and if I can't establish a provenance for them I'll post them here. Can they be added to the scenery package?

I tracked the ruin files to this location:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=17&id=6316

The pack consists of WWI troops, a Rolls Royce armoured car and an A7V German tank by Simonu. All very useful stuff.

Thanks Ravenna,
    Hopefully that is all the objects.

Regards,
    B24Guy

HI All,
    Seems like I am missing a tree texture. This is the village just NW of Bergues-Bierne.

Hope you all can help.
    B24Guy

P.S. Never mind I found it.
    My fault. I did not load all the textures in Gius_RJ_Euro_Rural_Buildings package.
    Last edited by The B24 Guy; October 5th, 2020 at 06:53. Reason: fix it

Hi All,
    Found another missing package. It's French WWI Personnel.zip by Captain Kurk.

Regards,
    B24Guy

P.S. I also need MW fuel. Download links on his page don't work.

P.P.S. Looks like I found it. Seems like it is in mr_libobjs_complete. Witch is another missing package.

Hi All,

I can not find mw_fuel.

Here ya go...
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

It is good to have you as our back stop B24Guy!

Thanks a bunch Bearcat.
    I think I had that file at some point now that I saw the jpeg.

Ravenna,
    This work is fantastic! I am loving flying around and looking. Still have not found the cows yet, but I will.
    Hopefully I have found all the missing pieces, but I have thought that before.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Library Staff
    I found the cows at Halluin but where are the French troops?

I think the installation guide should have simply said download everything in the SOH/No Dice scenery sections.

Be careful with the mw_fuel. I taxied into the middle of a refuelling area on one of John Fortin's aerodromes and blew up when I hit the invisible refuelling point.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    I found the cows at Halluin but where are the French troops?

I think the installation guide should have simply said download everything in the SOH/No Dice scenery sections.

Be careful with the mw_fuel. I taxied into the middle of a refuelling area on one of John Fortin's aerodromes and blew up when I hit the invisible refuelling point.
    Make sure you put out that cigarette before refueling!

Troops

I had forgotten that there are WWI troops available. Some of these are standing with no gun raised. They woulld be useful along the seawall on the mole at Zeebrugge. They could be deployed as a layout to save monkeying around with the gsl.

B24Guy,
    could you make a change to the height of the standing German trooper so that he stands on the seawall instead of on the ground?

Hope nobody forgot to activate the Tonden GSL. Just found out it makes a big difference!

voyager

Hi All,

Voyager, Thanks for the tip about the Tonden GSL. I had not added it.

Kdriver, I found the French troops at 3 (so far) airfields. But I don't remember witch ones.

Ravenna, most likely I could do that. What troops would you like to see? I just have the WWI personnel.

One also needs Bloodhawk's WWI weapons for the Gotha.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi All,

Voyager, Thanks for the tip about the Tonden GSL. I had not added it.

Kdriver, I found the French troops at 3 (so far) airfields. But I don't remember witch ones.

Ravenna, most likely I could do that. What troops would you like to see? I just have the WWI personnel.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Thanks B24, the trooper I had in mind was from Simonu's WW2 US and German Troops pack. The standing, not advancing figure is Ger02. The gun is not needed but doesn't look too out of place from an aerial perspective.
    I'll find the WW1 weapons a bit later today.

Hi All,
    I found that LW_wharf_section_D1 uses the stock bitmap inf_large_building_1 this stock bitmap is changed by the Europe_textures_for_CFS2_stock_buildings package. This gives the wharfs windows.

I fixed it by changing the bitmap name in the stock BGL file and renaming a texture to work with it.
    This required two new files for the Rebuild_Inf_Object_CFS2 package.

Here are the files to fix this problem.

You Will also have to replace inf_large_building_1 texture with a stock one.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Last edited by The B24 Guy; October 10th, 2020 at 16:34. Reason: clariafication

Having looked at those wharves with windows for the past 2 years I always felt there was something not quite right. Thanks B24G for fixing this!

Regards,
    B24Guy
    This should have all the WWI bombs:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=17&id=17958

B24G,
    This is the link to the standing German soldier:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=17&id=6317

Cheers, M

Library Staff
    Hi B24Guy,

Thanks for this, but won't changing the texture called for in the BGL affect the PTO building? It will change from a bamboo to a white painted building.

Rather than having two BGLs with the same name calling for different textures, do you think it would be better to have a single BGL calling for the one texture which would have both a PTO and ETO version?

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi All,
    I found that LW_wharf_section_D1 uses the stock bitmap inf_large_building_1 this stock bitmap is changed by the Europe_textures_for_CFS2_stock_buildings package. This gives the wharfs windows.

I fixed it by changing the bitmap name in the stock BGL file and renaming a texture to work with it.
    This required two new files for the Rebuild_Inf_Object_CFS2 package.

Here are the files to fix this problem.

You Will also have to replace inf_large_building_1 texture with a stock one.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi B24Guy,

Thanks for this, but won't changing the texture called for in the BGL affect the PTO building? It will change from a bamboo to a white painted building.

Rather than having two BGLs with the same name calling for different textures, do you think it would be better to have a single BGL calling for the one texture which would have both a PTO and ETO version?

Cheers,

Kevin
    Hi kdriver,
    One has to have different textures. One for the euro texture and the bamboo texture for the wharf.
    I think both structures are used in the GSL layer.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Library Staff
    I made a copy of the stock bamboo inf_large_building_1.bmp and renamed it inf_large_building_1a.bmp to restore the PTO building to its original appearance.

Hi kdriver,

You want the inf_large_building_1a.bmp to be the PTO texture. (included in the zip file)
    You want the inf_large_building_1.bmp to be the stock bamboo building texture.
    The new BGL goes with the Rebuild_Inf_Objs_for_CFS2 package. Put the BGL in your inf/scenery folder and inf_large_building_1a.bmp in the inf/texture folder. Then grab a copy of the stock inf_large_building_1.bmp file and put it in the inf/texture folder.

I should have said in the previous post that both BGL's use most if not all of the texture bitmap.
    To get them both to use the same texture would require remapping all the polys of the BGL.
    Something beyond my meager skill.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Library Staff
    Hi B24Guy,

I've emailed Allen regarding making this change to his stock objects rebuild package.

Cheers,

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0