Sim skunk works keyless installer.

Thread: Sim skunk works keyless installer.

Sim skunk works keyless installer.

Hi,I have few SSW planes,I bought them a few years ago,and one of them the Tornado,I haven’t installed yet.Will the new keyless installers work with the old models from their old website,or do they need the newer versions from simmarket? and,I went to their website and the link to the keyless installers are down.Thanks

Yesterday I bought their F-84 and G91. I downloaded the keyless installer from the SSW site. I couldn't get anything working until after many minutes trying to install and activate I read to use compatibility mode. Mine are installed using Windows Vista! I have bought SSW before, they make wonderful aircraft simulations but I find installation a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Yesterday I bought their F-84 and G91. I downloaded the keyless installer from the SSW site. I couldn't get anything working until after many minutes trying to install and activate I read to use compatibility mode. Mine are installed using Windows Vista! I have bought SSW before, they make wonderful aircraft simulations but I find installation a pain.
    As are startup and support...

They won't offer the possibility for the average user to just get in and fly and their support is an exercise in getting insulted.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thanks for the reply’s guys,but it still doesn’t answer my question,if you bought an SSW aircraft a few years ago do the keyless installers work on them also?not the recent ones from flightsim,and simmarket but the older ones from their old website?

The keyless installers work on the most recent installers of their stuff. Don't forget you need to get the textures separately.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    As are startup and support...

They won't offer the possibility for the average user to just get in and fly and their support is an exercise in getting insulted.

Priller
    I thought the insults were probably translation difficulties not deliberate insults. Their products are to me study level not control e and off into the wide blue yonder.

Yeah... I wasn't too happy with the keyless installer stuff. I still get a green banner every so often. When I asked about it and said it kills immersion... they said live with it...
    At least they responded after a few days, maybe a week or so. There's that. I think I had to email one of them directly to get a response. But I was happy they did. Their website seems pretty dead.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Yeah... I wasn't too happy with the keyless installer stuff. I still get a green banner every so often. When I asked about it and said it kills immersion... they said live with it...
    At least they responded after a few days, maybe a week or so. There's that. I think I had to email one of them directly to get a response. But I was happy they did. Their website seems pretty dead.
    Do you have one of their direct emails addresses?

PhantomP.....Both the S and G models work fine for me with the keyless installer. Both were downloaded directly from ssw's a long time ago.

/Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I thought the insults were probably translation difficulties not deliberate insults. Their products are to me study level not control e and off into the wide blue yonder.
    Not really, most of the staff members over there are pretty well versed in the use of the language of Shakespeare.

Their insults are rooted in incredible arrogance and a condescending view on their customer base. They're some of the most unpleasant people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting on the internet.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Thanks all,smoky942 which keylessinstaller did you use the one on SSW website,or the other on simmarket?also do you have any advice on using these keylessinstallers?

I used the one from the ssw site. I'm on P3dv4.5 the keyless installer is ver.1.0.2 I understand the one for FSX still says ver.1.0.0 but it is actually 1.0.2. so it's OK.
    Just run the .exe as admin. and follow the instructions. You will get the green ribbon saying Unprotected version now and again. It never bothers me at all, but at least it lets you know the keyless installer has worked.

/Russell.

Members who have read this thread: 0