The M-346 is also on its way to MSFS

Thread: The M-346 is also on its way to MSFS

Excellent news! Instant buy for me. I love tooling around in the Leonardo.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

It's excellent news and gives hope for his Typhoon and F-35. I believe he said that if he wanted to sell it via the marketplace then he can't include weapons? Anyone know why? Surely Microsoft can't be against a "simulation" of weapons given the number of weapon orientated games available for Xbox and Windows?
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

I wonder how guns mounted on a plane fit in with the "no weapons" policy? For instance, let's say the barrels are modeled on a P-40 protruding from the wing. Would that be a problem?
    Can the system to fire those guns be modeled? The gunsight?

And, yeah, that does seem weird given all their weapon oriented games they sell.

I see two probable explanations for that. One is that adding weapons may change the rating of the game to something other than "E" if done through the in-game store, and the other reason could be something with one (or more) of the licenses Asobo/Microsoft signed with aircraft manufacturers that prohibit them from adding weapons.

I believe there's actually some keyboard assignments for things related to aircraft carriers already in FS2020, so it's likely simply an issue with weapons and not military aircraft in general.

There's also a chance that it has something to do with P3D being used for some military training(MS could have agreed to stay away from that market when they sold the FSX code to LockMart), but that seems a bit unlikely.

I just hope there is some leeway in that policy. Missiles and bombs, sure, I can at least see where they are coming from but if that restriction applies to gun ports and hardpoints I feel that's a bit excessive.

I was also thinking maybe it had something to do with ESRB/PEGI or equivalent ratings, but both FSX and Flight 2012 are rated E. The FSX had the F18, which had no weapons, and the P-51 Racer, which had no gun ports. Flight had the Zero, Mustang, Corsair and Warhawk but only the Corsair had gun ports.

Hopefully developers can get a little more clarification regarding the wording of the document Dino mentioned.

His post didn't say there couldn't be weapons. His post said planes with weapons can't be sold in the MSFS store. You can buy them with weapons at other online locations that sell his wares.

As such, if I were him, I would make planes with weapons for his usual flightsim shops. For MSFS, I would make a line titled, "Flight Demo Line," and it would be the military planes as they appear at airshows without any weapons. Which I guess, sort of begs the question, "What will they think of smokewinders?"

I'm definitely looking forward to anything from Dino.

Members who have read this thread: 0