Aeroplane Heaven
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven

Aeroplane Heaven

From FaceB

Guess what we're building for Microsoft Flight Simulator...

A totally new, high definition Mk1A. We are at work on a number of subjects for the new simulator and will publish details soon.

All I can say is Yippee

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 118926851_1977037165767980_1131691154386133301_o.jpg   118969749_1977037219101308_3660746966671146370_o.jpg   118991456_1977037172434646_7779363911389713525_o.jpg   119080754_1977037202434643_3895421176230896383_o.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    From FaceB

Guess what we're building for Microsoft Flight Simulator...

A totally new, high definition Mk1A. We are at work on a number of subjects for the new simulator and will publish details soon.

All I can say is Yippee

This is what I've waited for in this beautiful sim (well, this and a Mustang, Mk IX Spit, Thunderbolt, Hunter, etc, etc)
    Looks fabulous.

The little bits and pieces that are shown look fantastic!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Very good news.

I will buy FS20 later this year and will be looking for a few solid, built-from-scratch payware warbirds to buy with it, or as soon thereafter as possible. This could definitely make my shopping list.

August

Oh yes please! As soon as there are WWII aircraft, cold war aircraft and modern day fighters available, I don't think the other sims will have a long life on my PC!!

Except for the ones that allow me to shoot up stuff from time to time (when I'm in a foul mood)

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Glad to see this and hope for many more great projects. Reading and partaking in some of the conversations with AH, I had the impression they held a good deal of concerns about FS2020 and it's future and weren't totally on board which is understandable from their investment perspective. I can assure them, I am a happy customer for their products and hope to enjoy them in FS2020 which for me is a superior platform over all my past versions. I will certainly invest in AH products again for this sim.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great news! It's amazing the detail and smoothness you can get with this sim, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Glad to see this and hope for many more great projects. Reading and partaking in some of the conversations with AH, I had the impression they held a good deal of concerns about FS2020 and it's future and weren't totally on board which is understandable from their investment perspective. I can assure them, I am a happy customer for their products and hope to enjoy them in FS2020 which for me is a superior platform over all my past versions. I will certainly invest in AH products again for this sim.
    Thanks for the kind words. The "concerns" we have (and still do by the way) are more of a practical nature. Simply, developing for MSFS, and I mean genuine dedicated MSFS add-ons, is a far more complex, time and resource consuming process than for any other sim. This time consumption has an impact on smaller companies' cashflow. We can't develop in the volume we could for say, P3D in the same timeframe. And if we are not developing for P3D/FSX, we lose that income stream. Many devs will feel this pain as they dive into developing for MSFS. If people no longer buy add-ons for P3D, smaller outfits are going to find it hard to survive while they develop for the new simulator. Some may even implode.

Add to all this that the SDK is still not complete - there are large tracts of invaluable info and data missing - which is hampering the release of genuine, dedicated new product, life, shall we say, is getting very interesting.

In a nutshell, the development industry needs people to continue to support P3D while MSFS and developers find their feet.

Having said all of that, I'm ready to pay a premium over P3D products for MSFS, due to the added development time sink. Also for add on packs. Have I told you the clipped Spit Mk.V is my favorite Spit? Just saying, in case you make some add on packs to help pay for the initial development.

BTW, thanks for the preview pics, they look more like actual parts than a flightsim development update.

Unfortunately for most developers, "premium" prices are not going to cut it in DLC. Most people will probably be looking to pay no more than $19-25 max, based on other DLC games. Some will pay the big tickets but they are in the minority "passionates" class. I know the argument is that there will be more potential customers but that's not certain by any means. Add-ons are going to have to be very high quality- the stock items are way above anything ever produced stock by Microsoft in the past. Anything that at least is not comparable will not sell well. It's certainly going to be a rocky old ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    .... Have I told you the clipped Spit Mk.V is my favorite Spit? Just saying, in case you make some add on packs to help pay for the initial development.
    I'd stand in line for a Mk.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I'd stand in line for a Mk.V.
    Thirded. The Mk.V is my favorite variant of the Spitfire too (preferably in a restored state, to go with the modern world).

Yippee!

Can't wait!!!

David...
    "Remember, all you have to do is ask."

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The "concerns" we have (and still do by the way) are more of a practical nature. Simply, developing for MSFS, and I mean genuine dedicated MSFS add-ons, is a far more complex, time and resource consuming process than for any other sim. This time consumption has an impact on smaller companies' cashflow. We can't develop in the volume we could for say, P3D in the same timeframe. And if we are not developing for P3D/FSX, we lose that income stream. Many devs will feel this pain as they dive into developing for MSFS. If people no longer buy add-ons for P3D, smaller outfits are going to find it hard to survive while they develop for the new simulator. Some may even implode.

Add to all this that the SDK is still not complete - there are large tracts of invaluable info and data missing - which is hampering the release of genuine, dedicated new product, life, shall we say, is getting very interesting.

In a nutshell, the development industry needs people to continue to support P3D while MSFS and developers find their feet.
    That and as you also mention, the payout in the DLC market soaking up profit to a company that has invested little to no time or money into the 3rd Party Dev's project and your getting a license to build a Boeing, Cessna or other content or have lawyers breathing down your neck. As far as the Dev time and cost, we saw this back when FSX came out which before, FS9 projects were turning out in months time with full time development then things started becoming considerably more complex and expensive and that trend has continued up to now. While I am optimistic about FS2020 development, I get it that the pace of things will be slower which means some Devs will turn out less and less (the PMDG & A2A business models) which some Devs understandably won't be able to accomodate on top of everything else. I think in time it will work itself out much like the slow reception FSX got and I was one of many naysayers back then who weren't willing to budge for years because I had so much invested in FS9. As noted before, I am on board to buy your future products for FS2020 and maybe by then, Asobo will add some things and get the kinks out (which the latter is certainly in line to be done).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Great news! It's amazing the detail and smoothness you can get with this sim, nice work!
    youre alive

Good news
    The AH BoB Mk1A is already my favourite plane in MSFS, despite the limitations of being an FSX import.
    Cheers
    KEith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The "concerns" we have .. If people no longer buy add-ons for P3D, smaller outfits are going to find it hard to survive while they develop for the new simulator. Some may even implode...In a nutshell, the development industry needs people to continue to support P3D while MSFS and developers find their feet.
    First of all, why do you tease us by posting RL pictures of the canopy and exhaust manifold?

On a more serious note, I am one who has basically stopped buying P3D add-ons. Why buy something that I won't use? P3D V5 won't work any longer on my computer and LM's lack of customer service makes me question if I will even purchase the next version. Why support a company that won't support their customers?

My issues with P3D aren't the fault of Airplane Heaven or any other developer. I could use an add-on in V4.5. Yet, why? The only time I go to P3D now is for Milviz beta products. So, again, why buy something I know I will not use?

MSFS has amazed me. I thought I would quickly get tired of its game like structure and eye-candy. I haven't I have visited places all over the world that I have been to in RL and some that I haven't visited, and now I am interested in going because of what I saw in MSFS.

I too will purchase your upcoming product.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Count me among those who will definitely be getting this.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    youre alive
    Hey, Brother! Been a while!

Mosquito, please!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Looks great and I will certainly be in line to buy it.

And I hope you find time to update your C-47/DC-3 soon after.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I feel like I'm seeing so many non-traditional folks get into MSFS when I look at gaming forums -- people flying with Xbox game controllers, just learning how to fly, etc. -- that there's a decent market for planes that are light on systems. Basically, CTRL-Ez, but with a fully rendered cockpit.

Might be worth a try for AH to do a basic plane that looks great graphically and has a convincing flight model, and then follow up with full systems implementation, detail-simmer version that costs more. Spitfire-EZ and Spitfire-Pro.

(I know there are other issues, such as the SDK completion, but I'm just saying I think there'll be a decent audience for planes that don't go really as deep into the systems simulation as some of the Asobo stock planes.)

As for P3D, I fly it now for VR, but once I get my Reverb V2 and MSFS supports it, I can't imagine I'll be using it much, unless there's a classic plane in my hangar I have an urge to take up.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I feel like I'm seeing so many non-traditional folks get into MSFS when I look at gaming forums -- people flying with Xbox game controllers, just learning how to fly, etc. -- that there's a decent market for planes that are light on systems. Basically, CTRL-Ez, but with a fully rendered cockpit.

Might be worth a try for AH to do a basic plane that looks great graphically and has a convincing flight model, and then follow up with full systems implementation, detail-simmer version that costs more. Spitfire-EZ and Spitfire-Pro.

(I know there are other issues, such as the SDK completion, but I'm just saying I think there'll be a decent audience for planes that don't go really as deep into the systems simulation as some of the Asobo stock planes.)

As for P3D, I fly it now for VR, but once I get my Reverb V2 and MSFS supports it, I can't imagine I'll be using it much, unless there's a classic plane in my hangar I have an urge to take up.
    Agree with a number of your points. Not sure about the spitfire-ez and pro though. Baz can chime in there. I know that the spitfire that is in the works is a little too detailed for an Ez at present. Baz is one of those " I think the ammo belt requires a little more oxidisation due to it being based in tangemere rather than biggin hill during the war and as everyone knows tangemere has an inversion layer that increases the dew point by 0.163 degrees as opposed to biggin hill so the ammo would have a 0.1 to 0.2 % more oxidisation chance than if the plane were based elsewhere "... I might be joking.

One thing though. A full cockpit in CTRL ezy is likely to never happen. Not the point of CTRL-ezy. Adding a full cockpit will raise the development time , research requirements and a number of other things. We want to keep the price point where it is and we want to make it still accessible to FSX which has that STUPID poly count/material issue. An xbox user is not going to care if the flare pockets on the mosquito are in the correct place and are in the correct shade of brown. They will however as baz has alluded to, be less willing to pay the higher prices for DLC that FS normally dictates.

To all :
    To re-iterate this spitfire is going to be a full octane Aeroplaneheaven release being developed by a spitfire tragic ( love ya baz! ) for MSFS and possibly P3d if I can annoy/whine/cajole baz into letting the rest of us convert it. It is not going to be a CTRL-ezy Spitfire.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Mosquito, please!
    Cessna 130 !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 1