Fire nearby!

Thread: Fire nearby!

Fire nearby!

Hey all. I know I haven't been super active on here lately.

We haven't had time. I am getting my house ready, in case I have to evacuate. We have a wildfire inside 3 miles. Thankfully, so far, it's moved past my house, but with a small wind-shift, I am in deep, deep, doo-doo. The firefighters got the wildfire experts in this morning, which is very good. So far, they set up a line in a dead, dry, somewhat rocky area with no trees or brush. They're "holding the line" so far. Good equipment, too. Bulldozers, those scraper things used to level roads, and so forth.
    I have my two 30 year old Toyota trucks (a pickup and a 4Runner) loaded up. Survival gear, 2 or 3 months worth of MRE's (I hope we don't have to rely on THOSE!, a tent, all my weapons and ammo, food, and cages, for our kitties and bird...
    Thank goodness I have two!

We're waiting right now. We're as packed as we're going to get, and now, we're just waiting for the order to go. We haven't even gotten a stage 1 alert yet, "get ready to go", yet, which gives us hope. We've DONE it, but we haven't gotten any official word. They've also canceled the helicopter they had on alert for water drops. Even more hope!

Anywho, enough of my whining. Wish us luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Good luck, Pat! Damn, even Oregon is going up in flames....and not just downtown Portland! Here in S.F. all we are getting is the smoke from all of the fires around California.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Pat,

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I had forgotten that you lived in that area.
    I do hope that the fire will be extinguished before you have to bug out.

What is sad about all this is time and time again, after the fires, the rain and floods with mud slides will soon come after.

I pray for you and your families safety bro...

Just hope it wasn't started by nutcases and their "gender reveal" fireworks, like the one near Yucaipa, Ca.!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I know what you’re going through. Was in the San Diego fire that burned right down the canyon. We had 25 min to leave. Prayers that it continues to miss you and prayers for the ones it didn’t.

You're in our prayers!

Hey Pat and Miss Ghost,

Molly just read about the fire there. Here in East Outback we don't hear a lot about the left coast. I knew the seasonal fires were going, but not near you.

But I just went on the fire site and recognize a lot of places I saw and we talked about when I was out there! Just want you both to know we're praying for you!!

When I lived in So Cal we had a Saddleback Mountains fire in the 60's. It didn't reach me but went out about two miles from my front door. Damn lot of smoke!!

Michael

We're back home now. They have the arson started fires under control, and are mopping up.

Our thanks to you all for your good wishes and hopes for us.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Good to hear!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So glad all is ok, Pat! Pete

Great news, Pat! I'll pass this on to Michael, who was worried about you!

Members who have read this thread: 0