Carenado C-182T

Thread: Carenado C-182T

Blog Entries

Carenado C-182T

Yesterday, I purchased the Carenado C-182T. I had read and watched reviews on the airplane before deciding to fork up the $30.00. After buying it I am satisfied with the purchase. In other words, I have spent more money for less airplane in the past. I consider this to be the best "default" airplane currently in MSFS 2020.

It is a typical Carenado built. Nice on the eyes, but not so much in the head. Don't get me wrong, however. It is better than any of the prop GA airplanes currently residing in MSFS. For one, the autopilot works. I was able to do a typical GA flight. IFR to 5000 direct to another airport with a transition to an ILS and visual landing. What more can you ask for a Cessna 182? I flew a C-182 for business purposes. This model handles much like I remember mine doing. I didn't have the G 1000, however, just a Garmin 120 GPS with a tiny little bitty screen.

The G1000 does not have the synthetic vision found in the default GA aircraft. It is my understand that this particular model 182 did not have it in real life, so it wasn't included. The lack of synthetic vision doesn't bother me. I spent my life flying without it, so, while helpful, I don't need it now.

The sunshade comes down, but it was too high to do any good. The doors and windows open, hello MSFS.

It comes with three liveries a red, blue and gold/green. In what seems to me to be one lazy ass omission by Carenado, all the thumbnails are all the same, the red color scheme.

All in all, as I said earlier, I like the plane. Now, if they would develop the C-210 and their PC-12 for MSFS, They would have two more purchases.

P.S. A float C-206 would be nice too.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Yesterday, I purchased the Carenado C-182T. I had read and watched reviews on the airplane before deciding to fork up the $30.00. After buying it I am satisfied with the purchase. In other words, I have spent more money for less airplane in the past. I consider this to be the best "default" airplane currently in MSFS 2020.

It is a typical Carenado built. Nice on the eyes, but not so much in the head. Don't get me wrong, however. It is better than any of the prop GA airplanes currently residing in MSFS. For one, the autopilot works. I was able to do a typical GA flight. IFR to 5000 direct to another airport with a transition to an ILS and visual landing. What more can you ask for a Cessna 182? I flew a C-182 for business purposes. This model handles much like I remember mine doing. I didn't have the G 1000, however, just a Garmin 120 GPS with a tiny little bitty screen.

The G1000 does not have the synthetic vision found in the default GA aircraft. It is my understand that this particular model 182 did not have it in real life, so it wasn't included. The lack of synthetic vision doesn't bother me. I spent my life flying without it, so, while helpful, I don't need it now.

The sunshade comes down, but it was too high to do any good. The doors and windows open, hello MSFS.

It comes with three liveries a red, blue and gold/green. In what seems to me to be one lazy ass omission by Carenado, all the thumbnails are all the same, the red color scheme.

All in all, as I said earlier, I like the plane. Now, if they would develop the C-210 and their PC-12 for MSFS, They would have two more purchases.

I want their C185 redone for MSFS with the cargo and big tires
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Same here, Rick - that and their Beech 18. It would also be great to see a completely new, up-to-date version of their T-34 Mentor as well, which I always thought was one of the best flying/handling aircraft in FSX (unfortunately the visual model on that one never really got updated since the FS2004 release).

On the Carenado FB page, they have indicated that they want to carry their complete line of aircraft over to MSFS in time. The default Cessna 150 and 172 are enough high-wing, tricycle-gear Cessnas for me, but I'm looking forward to the Mooney they've been showing screenshots of on Facebook.

For me its too many of planes with glass cockpit in MSFS, I need more with classic gauges!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    For me its too many of planes with glass cockpit in MSFS, I need more with classic gauges!
    Yup! And some radial engines!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I would love to see their Cessna 185 updated. . . or an new developer for that matter. Glad the 182 is working out for you. I used it in FSX for a while before replacing it when the A2A 182 was released.

I'm looking forward with great anticipation to the BigTireProductions Kitfox. Trent Palmer's aircraft featured in this screen shot. if you haven't followed him on YT, you should. His videos are fantastically done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KS9NkpXShg

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I've been toying around with getting this. I've read some reviews on the "official" forum that said it wasn't as good as the stock planes, and that some of the camera settings were off. But if it flies and the systems work the way they should, then I just might be persuaded...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post

Wonder why they chose to launch with this model given their extensive library. Assume more to come.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

When questioned about the PC-12 on Facebook, Carenado answered back that they would like to bring their entire line-up of aircraft over to MSFS. Again, we're just talking less than two weeks into the release of MSFS - Carenado is just getting started. Hopefully they take their time with each aircraft and take full advantage of what this new sim has to offer.

I expect to see Carenado jump in with both feet. They have already done so with X-Plane.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I've been toying around with getting this. I've read some reviews on the "official" forum that said it wasn't as good as the stock planes, and that some of the camera settings were off. But if it flies and the systems work the way they should, then I just might be persuaded...
    Tom, This guy "Chock" on AVSIM did a review (link below) I have not watched this particular video. However, I watched a mini-review that he did. The mini-review, I thought was very fair. After getting the airplane and flying it for an hour or so, I concur with his min-review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1bPJYRwv8k&t=605s
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Yup! And some radial engines!
    Yes!!!

Beech 18!! (I don't care if people think it's boring)

The view issue is that hitting the "view right" on your joystick does "view left." I reported it to Carenado and they said it will be fixed in the first update.

In the meantime, anyone found where to fix that in the config files?

Thanks for the vid link John. Unfortunately, now I'm not so sure. The engine sounds more like a Rotax than anything that Cessna would use - at least to my untrained ear. The 172 sounds much more throaty. I think I'll mull it over a little more...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Thanks for the vid link John. Unfortunately, now I'm not so sure. The engine sounds more like a Rotax than anything that Cessna would use - at least to my untrained ear. The 172 sounds much more throaty. I think I'll mull it over a little more...
    She sounds deeper on my system. It may be the YouTube recording? This is still a Continental, not a redial. I have read people cutting down the sound. I find it to be reasonable. It is a turbo, part of the whine maybe the turbo spinning? Don't know. I never flew the turbo version.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

I suspected that maybe Carenado was involved with some of the MSFS default aircraft. Seems right up their alley and they were one of the "vendors" for the sim. As much as I like the 182 not sure I want to plunk down another $30 for it. Would have been nice for previous owner discount.

Once the dust settles and some patches sort things out I'll probably opt in even just as a 'sight seeing' sim.
    If Nigel's AVRO collection were flyable and 'Folscott Farm' (our residence) showed up in the Australian scenery it would be a no-brainer.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0