Improved A320neo - video
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improved A320neo - video

Improved A320neo - video

A nice video describing upgrades to the A320, what you have by default and what has been improved as
    part of a development project. The upgrade is free.

Here are plans and a development roadmap: https://trello.com/b/z3jimJLq/study-level-a320neo

This GitHub place,,,is this where many mods might come from?

Blog Entries
    Thank the gods for the modders. They may save this trainwreck yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    This GitHub place,,,is this where many mods might come from?
    Mods, Apps, Linux builds, lots of things.

Major Upgrade

Info about a major 320 upgrade, placed in the wrong thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...emium-Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Thank the gods for the modders. They may save this trainwreck yet.
    Now, now.... Asobo is probably psyched their development team just grew a thousand fold, and they don't even have to pay them! There's only so much a small team can do. That they released the product I'm imagining 3 to 4 months earlier than they really meant to... it's pretty cool it's as good as it is. My bet is even Asobo is surprised how good the product is at this point (hence, they released in August).

New upgrade movie

A new video showing the massive upgrade to the 320.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

I got the updates and installed & tested them today. They ran great, they add a lot of improvements to the model which itself is very nice. I can see that at the pace these guys are going, they are turning into a premium model (similar to the XP-11 Zibo 737) . There's still much to be done but it looks very promising.

BTW, I have taken note of the takeoff and landing behavior, specifically the approach and landing. I have seen two main things that have bothered me that aren't normal flight behavior for an Airbus (especially in FBW protected law). First thing, during the approach, the angle of attack is off when the managed speed is coupled with the approach mode in the MCDU perf page. The nose is just way too high and there is slight wing rocking (that is pre-stall behavior which does NOT happen on the Airbus, the protected mode will keep the wings level and add power if needed). Also, during the Retard (power) call at flare on landing, there is a tendency for one of the wings to drop (stall). I looked at the flight dynamics config and tried to figure out what was going on, I took note that the flaps lift_scalar = was set for 0.60 (or about 60% of full value) but the leading edge flaps were at full lift_scalar = value at 1 (1.0). The only way to maintain proper AoA and stability on approach and landings with those settings was to be 8 to 18 knots faster than the approach mode programmed speed.

So, for testing purposes, I set the trailing edge flaps to lift_scalar = 1. Problem solved! The takeoff, and approach/landing now have more normal AoA and generally better stability both in slow speed maneuvering and final/flare/landing phases. Going to leave this small fix in place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I got the updates and installed & tested them today. They ran great, they add a lot of improvements to the model which itself is very nice. I can see that at the pace these guys are going, they are turning into a premium model (similar to the XP-11 Zibo 737) . There's still much to be done but it looks very promising.

BTW, I have taken note of the takeoff and landing behavior, specifically the approach and landing. I have seen two main things that have bothered me that aren't normal flight behavior for an Airbus (especially in FBW protected law). First thing, during the approach, the angle of attack is off when the managed speed is coupled with the approach mode in the MCDU perf page. The nose is just way too high and there is slight wing rocking (that is pre-stall behavior which does NOT happen on the Airbus, the protected mode will keep the wings level and add power if needed). Also, during the Retard (power) call at flare on landing, there is a tendency for one of the wings to drop (stall). I looked at the flight dynamics config and tried to figure out what was going on, I took note that the flaps lift_scalar = was set for 0.60 (or about 60% of full value) but the leading edge flaps were at full lift_scalar = value at 1 (1.0). The only way to maintain proper AoA and stability on approach and landings with those settings was to be 8 to 18 knots faster than the approach mode programmed speed.

So, for testing purposes, I set the trailing edge flaps to lift_scalar = 1. Problem solved! The takeoff, and approach/landing now have more normal AoA and generally better stability both in slow speed maneuvering and final/flare/landing phases. Going to leave this small fix in place.
    I realize that you're dead in the water at the moment, but when you get running on 1.8.3.0, would you mind looking at this parameter again. I think they might have fixed it, but I'm not sure if I have the correct config. parameter identified. Thanks!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    I realize that you're dead in the water at the moment, but when you get running on 1.8.3.0, would you mind looking at this parameter again. I think they might have fixed it, but I'm not sure if I have the correct config. parameter identified. Thanks!
    Sure, I will when I get my situation sorted. Am trying to do that now with help from some of the community over there, finally able to redownload now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I finally got back into FS2020 after a lot of hoop jumping. I took a look at that flap parameter and they changed it for sure but oddly, they went up double the value on the leading edge flaps versus subtracting a good bit from that value by going down to 0.1 (nearly no value). Maybe I am wrong but that seems very backwards considering the leading edge surfaces are much smaller than the training edge. Nevertheless, I can tell a definite difference in the handling but I am inclined to want to try different settings on the flaps parameters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I finally got back into FS2020 after a lot of hoop jumping. I took a look at that flap parameter and they changed it for sure but oddly, they went up double the value on the leading edge flaps versus subtracting a good bit from that value by going down to 0.1 (nearly no value). Maybe I am wrong but that seems very backwards considering the leading edge surfaces are much smaller than the training edge. Nevertheless, I can tell a definite difference in the handling but I am inclined to want to try different settings on the flaps parameters.
    Thanks for checking this and getting back to us. I hadn't spent much time in it prior to the patch, but afterward, I did dome flights and had some issues... wing stalls just before touchdown, a general tendency to sit with a nose up attitude with flaps.... which is why I went back to your earlier post where you had mentioned your tweak.

I'm no expert though, so I don't know what's accurate. Please share any further thoughts and tweaks!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Thanks for checking this and getting back to us. I hadn't spent much time in it prior to the patch, but afterward, I did dome flights and had some issues... wing stalls just before touchdown, a general tendency to sit with a nose up attitude with flaps.... which is why I went back to your earlier post where you had mentioned your tweak.

I'm no expert though, so I don't know what's accurate. Please share any further thoughts and tweaks!
    The pre-touchdown wing stall is not normal (this on the authority of my best friend who's an A320 Captain/Check Airman). I already knew this wasn't the case based on all the manual reading I have done on the standard A320 and NEO series. At that point of the envelope, you're in Direct Control Law (under 100ft) but there are still Protected Laws in place that prevent Stalling and Extreme AoA/PIO. Nevertheless, the Airbus simply doesn't drop a wing like that on flare and retarding the engine power.

Just a suggestion, for into your FS2020 install folder, then Official/OneStore/asobo-aircraft-a320-neo/SimObjects/AirPlanes/Asobo_A320_NEO. Inside that last folder, open the flight_model.cfg file and at the bottom there are two Flap entries. Open the first entry (trailing edge flaps) and look for the lift_scalar = 0.1. Change that to 1.0. The pitch_scalar is fine and with the updated lift scalar, the Nose AoA and overall handling at lower speeds (including sink rate should be more normal On Speed for the Approach Mode in the MCDU or manually controlled approach speed settings. The second Flap entry (leading edge) as mentioned is set for double value at lift_scalar = 2.0. In testing, you might be able to roll that back to 1.0 to make it even with the trailing edge flaps. I am going to try some testing here soon. Hopefully I will get my friend to come in soon and give this thing a run and see if we can identify anything else needing changes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks! I'm comfortable poking around in the cfg files. I'll give this a try.

I tried this with 1 and 1. As I said, I'm no expert, but this feels better to me. I did four circuits with these settings and never a wing stall. Attitude seems better as well.

As an aside, are you getting mild but constant side to side yawing for no apparent reason? I'd like to see that gone!

I tried this with 1 and 1. As I said, I'm no expert, but this feels better to me. I did four circuits with these settings and never a wing stall. Attitude seems better as well.

As an aside, are you getting mild but constant side to side yawing for no apparent reason? I'd like to see that gone!
    Yes, there does seem to be a slight yaw instability issue but I can't decide if that is wind/turbulence or not because it does happen with other models to a greater/lesser extent. I find that the more hands off I am on the stick, the less of these slight oscillations I see. If you watch cockpit video of most A318/19/20/21's, you see the pilots putting in a lot of corrections yet you don't see the PFD indicators going Ape-S**t. That's the beauty of the Bus's FBW system. When you come out of autopilot, it's pretty much trimmed out for hand flying on all axis and to adjust that, you make movements on the stick and pedals, not the trim controls themselves. To me, this model's FBW simulation feels better than the Aerosoft version (which itself isn't bad but don't tell that to the rabid FS Labs A320 crowd! LOL). I think this thing has lots of potential!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Upgrade V 0.3.0

Another large 320 upgrade.

Changelog

Added

• [ATC] Added background lighting and realistic size.
    • [ECAM] ECAM messages area has been completely redone.
    • [ECAM] Messages can now show on the right side of the ECAM.
    • [ECAM] Messages will now show in a consistent order.
    • [ECAM] Added many new ECAM messages: T.O. INHIBIT, LDG INHIBIT, APU BLEED, APU AVAIL, LDG LT, SPEED BRK, AUTO BRK LO, AUTO BRK MED, AUTO BRK MAX.
    • [ECAM] Added takeoff memo. Shows 2 mins after second engine start. Hides after takeoff thrust application.
    • [ECAM] Added landing memo. Shows below 2000 feet during approach phase. Hides after slowing down below 80kts.
    • [ECAM] Added support for failures to show on ECAM.
    • [ECAM] Added NAV TCAS FAULT failure when ADIRS are not aligned.
    • [ECAM] Added CAB PR EXCESS CAB ALT failure when cabin altitude exceeds 10000ft (can only be triggered by slewing to an extreme altitude).
    • [ECAM] Added CABIN......CHECK to ECAM memos. Changes to CABIN READY when ALL, FWD, or AFT call button is pressed. Resets when flight phase changes.
    • [ECAM] Added functional CLR and RCL buttons.
    • [ECAM] Master caution/warning will now automatically deactivate when messages are removed from ECAM.
    • [ECAM] Adds ECAM procedures for fire tests.
    • [ECAM] Adds functionality to the F/CTL rudder indicator.
    • [ECAM] Added new secondary ECAM memo for wing anti-ice and engine anti-ice.
    • [ECAM] Added new secondary ECAM memo for GPWS Flaps 3 mode (tied to INOP Flaps 3 push button).
    • [ECAM] Added new secondary ECAM memo for Hydraulic PTU, which is displayed when the PTU sound plays.
    • [ECAM] Adds NW STRG DISC memo when in pushback.
    • [ECAM] Added "TCAS STBY" on Right Upper ECAM Memo.
    • [ECAM] ECAM Cruise page.
    • [ECAM] When at least one engine is running and predictive windshear is turned off, a secondary ECAM memo will appear.
    • [ECAM] When above 50 ft RA, the memo will turn amber.
    • [ECAM] Created a wheel page for ECAM, handles break temp, landing gear indicating , and spoilers.
    • [ECAM] Adds dynamic switching of ECAM pages when no page is selected.
    • [ECAM] Added ECAM status page.
    • [ECAM] Added new failures: ENG DUAL FAILURE, ENG 1(2) FIRE (airborne), ENG 1(2) FAIL, ENG 1(2) SHUT DOWN, BRAKES HOT.
    • [ECAM] Normal messages on the ECAM will now be hidden when a failure is shown.
    • [ECAM] Added ECAM overflow arrow.
    • [ECAM] Added ECAM status reminder.
    • [ECAM] Added automatic page switching during a failure.
    • [FCU] Added background lighting at night.
    • [FMA] Adds support for 'G/S*' and 'LOC *' FMA modes.
    • [LIGHTS] Enhanced overall cockpit lighting and tweaked few exterior lighting.
    • [LIGHTS] Added display back light for all main screens such as PFD, ND, ECAM, MCDU.
    • [LIGHTS] The display back lights will now illuminate surrounding cockpit, controlled by the individual brightness knobs.
    • [LIGHTS] Enhanced the glare shield lights, the shape and the color is modified.
    • [LIGHTS] Glare shield light will now increase/decrease the ambient light of the cockpit.
    • [LIGHTS] Enhanced the dome lights, corrected the light angle, color, spread and intensity.
    • [LIGHTS] Volumetric Strobe lights and enhanced its range and intensity.
    • [LIGHTS] Volumetric navigation lights.
    • [LIGHTS] Enhanced the logo lights intensity.
    • [MCDU] Create waypoint vertical revision page frontend.
    • [MCDU] The AIRWAYS page should properly show just the enroute waypoints after the current selected one and not all of them. Players are now able to manually enter as many airway connected waypoints as needed.
    • [MCDU] Added limited altitude restriction editing functionality.
    • [MCDU] Automatically calculate TOW if possible.
    • [MCDU] Automatically fill in thrust reduction altitude and acceleration altitude based on runway height.
    • [MCDU] Add better input validation for FLAP/THS. Flap setting is limited to 1-3. THS now limited to a max of 2.5.
    • [MCDU] Add better parsing for FLAP/THS. Flap is now optional input. (e.g. /UP0.5 is a valid input now) THS can be written with UP/DN at either the start OR end of the input. THS number can be written as 0.1, .1, or even in plain whole numbers like 1.
    • [MCDU] Fix CHG Code to read A20N instead of A2N.
    • [MISC] Set defaults for seatbelt light, FD, and ATC switches.
    • [MISC] Adds an emergency light light when off.
    • [MISC] Adds 5 INOP GPWS buttons with variables ready for use.
    • [MISC] Adds 3 call buttons and 1 inop (mech sound needed).
    • [MISC] Cabin call buttons are now push and hold. Sound plays when pressed.
    • [MISC] Adds "Cabin Crew seats for landing please" when chime is first pressed after entering the landing phase.
    • [MISC] Adds "Cabin Crew Seats for takeoff please" when "cabin......Check" and "TO Config" are green on takeoff memo.
    • [MISC] Adds fire tests for ENG 1, ENG 2, APU, Cargo Smoke.
    • [MISC] Right side wiper switch now operable (Still synced with Left Switch).
    • [MISC] Add INOP predictive windshear switch (dummy switch).
    • [MISC] Implement ANN LT TEST.
    • [MISC] Added dummy switch for TCAS.
    • [MISC] Display barometer readout on ISIS.
    • [MISC] Added working engine fire buttons.
    • [MISC] Added Fire Buttons lighting up on test.
    • [MISC] Added Dummy AudioSwitching knob on top overhead.
    • [MISC] Added Cockpit Door switch (spring loaded) + Open Light.
    • [MISC] Adds animation, emission seqs to the overhead Commercial and Galy&Cab pushbuttons.
    • [MISC] SAI/Integrated Standy Instrument Self Test.
    • [MISC] Add animation, sounds, emission to Elec pushbuttons.
    • [MISC] Added Correct Caution and Warning audio.
    • [ND] Make ND compass spin after alignment.
    • [PFD] Added compass ticks below horizon as well as selected heading tick right above horizon (which only shows when FD are off).
    • [PFD] Add ground mode sidestick cursor.
    • [PFD] Makes it so the altimeter on the PFD smoothly animates to the current altitude (from 0) once the altimeter becomes avail during alignment.

Changed

• [ADIRS] IRS alignment times based on latitude have been re-calculated.
    • [ADIRS] IRS alignment ECAM memo now skips "IR IN ALIGN 0 MN" to match the real aircraft.
    • [ADIRS] IRS alignment ECAM memo now skips "IR IN ALIGN 7 MN" to match the real aircraft.
    • [ADIRS] IRS alignment ECAM memo now rounds up when converting seconds to minutes.
    • [ADIRS] GPWS Terrain button now displays FAULT when IRS not aligned.
    • [ADIRS] GPWS Sys button now displays FAULT when IRS not aligned.
    • [CHECKLISTS] Streamlined checklists, added highlighting where possible.
    • [CHECKLISTS] Added Checklist highlighting for a lot of things.
    • [CHECKLISTS] Made checklists mostly interactive.
    • [CHECKLISTS] Added Checklist evaluation for PWS, Seatbelts, Smoking, ADIRS, Emergency Exit Light Switches.
    • [ECAM] Fix the default GW on Lower EICAS not update in realtime.
    • [ECAM] APU Guage now features a dynamic EGT warning marker. Increased gauge px thickness by 1px.
    • [ECAM] Correct the orientation for the valves in the lower ENGINE ECAM.
    • [ECAM] Small redesign for the F/CTL rudder axis, add moving rudder limit.
    • [ECAM] Fixed fuel display on ECAM, They now have a precision of 20kg for fuel remaining and 10kg for fuel used.
    • [ECAM] Changes LDG LT memo logic so that the memo is shown when at least one landing light is extended.
    • [ECAM] The F/CTL ECAM page will now have controls amber when both engines are not started.
    • [ECAM] Do not show "REV" and thrust limit % when thrust reversers are active.
    • [ECAM] Acceleration altitude should be MSL instead of AGL.
    • [ECAM] When ECAM STS page is selected, the light on the button is now illuminated.
    • [ECAM] When there are failures to clear, the ECAM CLR light illuminates.
    • [ECAM] Backlight of ECAM CLR, RCL, STS and ALL buttons backlight now working.
    • [FCU] FCU design changes to more closely match IRL.
    • [FMA] Fix the behaviour of the LVR CLB thrust callout on the FMA.
    • [FMA] Fix LVR CLB warning not showing up when in Climb phase.
    • [FMA] Make some FMAs have permanent box (like MAN TOGA).
    • [FMA] Fix FMA boxes.
    • [LIGHTS] Made it so the eng starters and the parking brake are not emissive.
    • [LIGHTS] Now, Runway Turnoff Lights do not illuminate the cockpit interior after landing gear is retracted.
    • [LIGHTS] Fixes ILS button brightness.
    • [LIGHTS] Improves the Exterior Lights so you can see further on Take Off/Landing/Taxi.
    • [LIGHTS] Fixes the beacon lights so they won't bleed into the cockpit.
    • [LIGHTS] Sets default screen brightness in C&D start to 0.1 (first setting).
    • [LIGHTS] Changed the saturation and brightness of the emission decals to more closely reflect real counterparts.
    • [MCDU] Make GPS and Position Monitor CDU pages dynamic, cosmetics/realism.
    • [MCDU] Remove decimals from flight plan altitude FL constraints.
    • [MCDU] Fix DES phase so it will actually be activated.
    • [MCDU] Show proper constraints for waypoints in the flight plan page.
    • [MCDU] Switch to flight level display if alt is higher than trans alt in the flight plan page.
    • [MCDU] Make TAXI fuel default value from "empty" to "0.2" as per commonly used AMI.
    • [MCDU] Fix visual flaw with FUEL PRED ZFW/ZFWCG.
    • [MCDU] This fixes the green dot speed that is displayed on the PERF TAKEOFF and APPROACH pages of the MCDU.
    • [MCDU] Fix takeoff speed to V2+10.
    • [MCDU] VSpeeds are now manually changeable.
    • [MCDU] VSpeeds can be automatically calculated by clicking a speed option with an empty input, and pressing it again to confirm the result.
    • [MCDU] VSpeed auto-calculation prefers to look at MCDU's flap setting over the current flaps of the plane.
    • [MCDU] The AIRWAYS page should properly show just the enroute waypoints after the current selected one and not all of them. Players are now able to manually enter as many airway connected waypoints as needed.
    • [MISC] Changed landing light indicators to be independent instead of being based off the centre gear position.
    • [MISC] Puts the panels in "self-test" mode after the knob has been turned from off to another position.
    • [MISC] Tooltips fixes.
    • [MISC] General delta time fixes so that things won't break with FPS fix mods.
    • [MISC] Fix FD default to on on runway.
    • [MISC] Also sets strobe light to auto (was ON) for runway spawn.
    • [MISC] Fixed ATHR unstable on TOGA.
    • [MISC] Updated engine N1, EGT and Oil pressure values to match A320Neo engine limits.
    • [MISC] N1 and EGT now have dynamic limits based on throttle state(arrow does not turn red beyond 100%N1 on TOGA upto 101.5% for 5min).
    • [MISC] TOGA state limits on N1 and EGT are only allowed upto 5min on both engines after which it comes down to MCT limits.
    • [MISC] Corrects chrono reset behavior so it behaves realistically.
    • [MISC] Fix Landing gear Indicator text illumination (red UNLK).
    • [MISC] Prevent APU activation when there's no power.
    • [MISC] Set TCAS switch to TA/RA by default when spawning on runway, cruise, approach, or final. STBY otherwise.
    • [MISC] Pressing IDENT no longer causes an empty value input into the transponder.
    • [MISC] Changed the v/s alert threshold according to the Airbus FCOM.
    • [MISC] Temporary fix for engine 1 fuel flow being cut off during APU shutdown.
    • [MISC] Modified date & middle digits displays.
    • [MISC] Created custom engine fan animation templates that use N1 instead of some other wrong RPM.
    • [MISC] Fix incorrect slat position after 1.8.3.
    • [MISC] Reverted some flight model changes from 1.8.3.
    • [MISC] Changes in rudder steering speeds authority and max steering angle.
    • [MISC] Temporary fix for brightness knobs from changing seemingly randomly after 1.8.3.
    • [MISC] Lowers VMO to 350.
    • [MISC] Sync VMAX on PFD with overspeed warning.
    • [ND] If you are below 100kts ground speed the wind indicator on the ND will not show.
    • [ND] Display Waypoint ETA in UTC.
    • [ND] Text position fixes, makes texts flush with screen edges
    • [PFD] Change the viewbox for the attitude lines to make horizon and attitude lines move with each other.
    • [PFD] Change the seperator between bottom and top horizon y and thickness to make it centered and match closer to an actual PFD.
    • [PFD] Reduce medium/short pitch line width to closer match actual PFD.
    • [PFD] Make speed tape more responsive.
    • [PFD] Added STD (Boxed)/QNH display.
    • [PFD] QNH legend is separated from value, so QNH can be in white.
    • [PFD] Added small ">" for each alt in the alt scale.
    • [PFD] The alt display window is now yellow as it should be.
    • [PFD] The target alt cursor has been resized.
    • [PFD] The target altitude has been aligned to the left of the alt scale.
    • [PFD] Yellow aircraft symbol bigger and more accurate.
    • [PFD] Bank triangle at top now yellow and hollow.
    • [RTPI] Changed size and position of digits (enlarged =).
    • [RTPI] Added a lighting background at night.
    • [RTPI] There is no longer negative values displayed when trimming to the left.

Removed

• [FMA] Disabled LVR MCT FMA until we can implement it properly.
    • [ND] Hide BingMap on ND when no weather or terrain.

Upgrade V0.3.1

The main purpose of this update was to make the mod compatible with MSFS 1.9.3. This release also comes with a few other improvements.

Added

• [MISC] Add CHANGELOG.md - @NathanInnes (Nathan Innes)
    • [ND] Add DME distances, VOR/ADF needles and functioning ADF2 - @blitzcaster (bltzcstr)

Changed

• [MCDU] Fixed several issues related to incorrect active waypoints - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [MCDU] Fixed a crash when trying to replace a waypoint in the flight plan - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [ECAM] Improved Upper ECAM Visuals - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [ECAM] Lower ECAM DOOR Page Colour Fix - @NathanInnes (Nathan Innes)
    • [EXTERIOR] Fixed issue in engine rotation animation that made it rotate too quickly - @lukecologne (lukecologne)
    • [MISC] Fixed mod so that it works with MSFS 1.9.3 - @DoToAdventures @tyler58546 @AdenFlorian
    • [TEXTURES] Changed roughness of glareshield - @pleasure (Pleasure)

Removed

• [PFD] Remove code related to irrelevant aircraft - @1Revenger1 (Avery Black)

Upgrade v0.4.0

Newest A320 upgrade.

Download link at bottom of page.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32n...ses/tag/v0.4.0

Changelog

Added

• [CDU] Add "Closest Airports" page - @lhoenig (Lukas Hoenig)
    • [CDU] Add approach waypoints to DCT page - @lengyc0208 (lyc)
    • [CDU] Add IRS INIT page - @Externoak (Externo)
    • [CHECKLISTS] Added several situations from QRH to checklists - @FBI#7771
    • [DCDU] Add basic functionality and display - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [ECAM] Added cockpit door video - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [ECAM] Added engine FADEC power supply logic - @tyler58546 (tyler58546)
    • [ECAM] Added messages related to anti-skid / N.W. steering being off - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [ECAM] Added spoiler functionality to ECAM page - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [GPWS] Added Pull Up, Sink Rate, Dont sink GPWS with default sounds - @oliverpope03 (Oliver Pope)
    • [LIVERY] Bundle the FlyByWire livery - @devsnek (devsnek)
    • [ND] Added WX/TERR on ND brightness knob, fix ND/PFD brightness tooltips - @lukecologne (luke)
    • [OVHD] Implement additional overhead button/switch functionality (EMER ELEC, EVAC, air data switching, etc.) - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [OVHD] Implemented missing functionality for multiple overhead buttons and switches - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [PFD] Added the ability to display metric altitudes - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [SAI] Added brightness adjustment and attitude reset - @2hwk (2Cas#1022 on discord)
    • [SAI] Added bugs page - @2hwk (2Cas#1022 on discord)
    • [SOUND] Added 3D emitters for all sounds - @hotshotp (Boris)
    • [SOUND] Added new sounds for fuel pumps, flaps, ground roll and rattles, touchdowns, and wind - @hotshotp (Boris)
    • [SOUND] Added new startup sounds - @hotshotp (Boris)
    • [SOUND] Added sounds for EVAC horn, EMER cabin call, mech horn, gear extend/retract, and cargo door - @hotshotp (Boris)
    • [MISC] Separated Captian and F/O displays - @tyler58546 (tyler58546)
    • [MISC] New custom display font for PFD/ND/ECAM/MCDU, unified CSS and colours of ECAM pages - @wpine215 (Iceman)

Changed

• [CDU] Improved the VERT REV page - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [CDU] Revised INIT A & B Page - @Lucky38i (Lucky38i)
    • [CDU] Revised blue, green and amber colours on CDU - @Lucky38i (Lucky38i)
    • [CDU] Updated HOLD Page to honeywell spec, PLAN page updated to show holds - @sepiroth887 (sepiroth887)
    • [ECAM] Improved APU ECAM visuals - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [ECAM] Improved BLEED ECAM page visuals and functionality - @nikotina91
    • [ECAM] Improved FUEL ECAM page visuals and corrected center pump inconsistency - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [ECAM] Improved ENGINE ECAM page - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [ECAM] Overhauled WHEEL ECAM page - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [ECAM] Improved ELAC/SEC warning colour - @wpine215 (Iceman)
    • [ND] Change ND sizing - @NathanInnes (Nathan Innes)
    • [PFD] Adjust vertical Flight Director offset - @veikkos (Veikko Soininen)
    • [PFD] Correct PFD attitude indicator onground/inflight - @MMontalto (PiCcy)
    • [LIGHTS] Improved Strobe, Nav and beacon lights - @lukecologne (lukecologne)
    • [SYSTEMS] Pitot heating should now be active while engines are running - @lousybyte (lousybyte)

Fixed

• [CDU] Fixed certain STARs not showing on arrivals page - @tyler58546 (tyler58546)
    • [CDU] Follow green dot speed on approach with flaps clean - @veikkos (Veikko Soininen)
    • [ECAM] Fixed ECAM wheel page being selected before all gears are downlocked - @lukecologne (luke)
    • [ECAM] Made open doors on DOOR/OXY page amber instead of green - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [FCU] Fixed incrementing the QNH while in hPa mode - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [LIGHTS] Fixed DIM/BRT Lights inside the cockpit - Overhead should now be visible - @Snapmatics (Harry)
    • [OVHD] Fixed battery indicator colour - @NathanInnes (Nathan Innes)
    • [OVHD] Made AIR COND knobs continuous - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [PFD] Fix Radio altimeter only updating every second - @lukecologne (luke)
    • [PFD] Fixed FD bars appearing on PFD when on the ground - @Curtis-VL (Curtis)
    • [ND] Fixed cyan heading bug not showing on ND in VOR and LS modes - @AdenFlorian (David Valachovic)
    • [ND] Hide the aircraft indicator in PLAN mode while ADIRS are not aligned - @lousybyte (lousybyte)
    • [TEXTURES] Changed overhead panel texture (decals, colour, detail) - @Pleasure0102 (Pleasure)
    • [TEXTURES] Changed colour of FD Panel - @Pleasure0102 (Pleasure)
    • [TEXTURES] Changed texture of glareshield and added details - @Pleasure0102 (Pleasure)
    • [TEXTURES] Fixed Speed Plaque and cleaned up texture on cockpit, some colour corrections and more decals - @Pleasure0102 (Pleasure)
    • [TEXTURES] Higher resoloution main panel, fixed glareshield texture error - @Pleasure0102 (Pleasure)
    • [SAI] Fixed font and behaviour on power loss - @2hwk (2Cas#1022 on discord)
    • [SAI] Standby Instrument stays ON if emergency power should be available, other bug fixes - @2hwk (2Cas#1022 on discord)

Removed

• [MISC] Removed fuel patch for MSFS update 1.8.3 - @NathanInnes (Nathan Innes)
    • [PFD] Remove code related to irrelevant aircraft - @1Revenger1 (Avery Black)

Hotfix v0.4.2

This is a hotfix-release for the autopilot issues that were occuring since the latest MSFS update.
    Fixed

• [Autopilot] Tweak the autopilot controller values to fix the lateral deviation - @AsoboStudio
    https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32n...ses/tag/v0.4.2

A32nx - auto installer

A new auto-installer that will do upgrades.

Check here for more info and screen shots.

https://www.facebook.com/FlyByWireSi...2715777600008/

Check here for source files.

Upgrade v0.5.0

A major upgrade for the A320neo.
    Stable and developer's build available.

Changelog

Major new features:

• AOC INIT REQUEST SimBrief integration
    • Completely reworked flight model (Flaps, AOA, drag/thrust ratio, vertical stabilizer)
    • Completely reworked engine, cockpit, and ground roll sounds
    • Completely reworked interior and exterior lighting
    • Major improvements to PFD, ND, EWD and SD display graphics
    • Improved speed calculations (S, F, VApp, VLS), including ground speed mini implementation
    • Added support for airways
    • Implemented ATSU/AOC with METAR/TAF/ATIS requests and free text
    • Implemented OPTIONS MCDU menu for configuring user settings
      • ADIRS alignment time
      • DMC self-test time
      • METAR/TAF/ATIS request sources
      • Switching between metric and imperial units

Minor new features:

• Added COND ECAM page
    • Added CABIN PRESS ECAM page
    • Added ELEC ECAM page (currently not functional)
    • Implemented ECAM "ALL" button functionality
    • Added Go-Around MCDU page and flight phase
    • Improved RAD NAV MCDU page
    • Improved cockpit textures and decals
    • Basic CFDS implementation with EIS display tests
    • Overhauled MCDU message and scratchpad handling
    • Separated windshield wipers
    • New default camera positions
    • Added many new ECAM warnings and memos
    • Added G LOAD indication to lower ECAM
    • Added flashing QNH when passing transition altitude
    • New icing detected ECAM messages

Bug fixes:

• Flaps, PTU, and fuel pumps are no longer heard in cockpit
    • Improved calculation of VSPEEDs
    • Autopilot wobble mitigated
    • Fixed takeoff memo appearing after landing
    • View more on the full changelog here

Known Issues:

• Default A320neo landing challenges do not work (intended)
    • ELEC ECAM page is not functional
    • HYD ECAM page is missing
    • GPWS altitude callouts can be repeated in some cases
    • Various issues related to following STAR’s in managed heading mode
    • Minor issues with following altitude constraints in managed altitude mode
    • Cannot press INIT REQUEST twice during the same flight when using Simbrief integration
    • ADIRS “ON BAT” light has not been implemented yet
    • Engines won't turn off (make sure you have unlimited fuel disabled)

Custom AP

A series of videos showing the custom auto-pilot underdevelopment.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AGutherDE/videos

As an example:

Upgrade v0.5.1

A hotfix covering recent MSFS release.

This is a hotfix release for the fuel system issues that were occurring since the latest MSFS update. It also contains some fixes for the SimBrief integration feature introduced as part of 0.5.0.
    https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/releases/tag/v0.5.1

Fixed

• [CDU] Allow SimBrief user IDs as well as usernames - @pareil6 (pareil6)
    • [CDU] Allow SimBrief OFP to override previous flight plan (allows multiple turnarounds) - @pareil6 (pareil6)
    • [CDU] Fix incorrect block time display on INIT/REVIEW - @pareil6 (pareil6)
    • [CDU] Improve visuals of CDU Pages - @MisterChocker (Leon)
    • [CDU] Improve ascent constraint algorithm - @MisterChocker (Leon)
    • [CDU] Fix FPLN airways showing as undefined - @pareil6 - (pareil6)
    • [FUEL] Fix fuel system valve/pump indices - @Benjozork (Benjamin Dupont)
    • [ECAM] Improve PACKS indication - @MisterChocker (Leon)
    • [ECAM] Fix flap indicator - @lukecologne (luke)
    • [AUTOBRAKES] Fix max autobrake disengaging on the ground - @pareil6 (pareil6)
    • [MODEL] Incorporate new Asobo model changes - @pepperoni505 (pepperoni505)

v0.5.0 video

An overview of v0.5.0 upgrade.

Members who have read this thread: 0