Improved A320neo - video

Thread: Improved A320neo - video

Hybrid View

Improved A320neo - video

A nice video describing upgrades to the A320, what you have by default and what has been improved as
    part of a development project. The upgrade is free.

Here are plans and a development roadmap: https://trello.com/b/z3jimJLq/study-level-a320neo

This GitHub place,,,is this where many mods might come from?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    This GitHub place,,,is this where many mods might come from?
    Mods, Apps, Linux builds, lots of things.

Major Upgrade

Info about a major 320 upgrade, placed in the wrong thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...emium-Aircraft

Blog Entries
    Thank the gods for the modders. They may save this trainwreck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Thank the gods for the modders. They may save this trainwreck yet.
    Now, now.... Asobo is probably psyched their development team just grew a thousand fold, and they don't even have to pay them! There's only so much a small team can do. That they released the product I'm imagining 3 to 4 months earlier than they really meant to... it's pretty cool it's as good as it is. My bet is even Asobo is surprised how good the product is at this point (hence, they released in August).

New upgrade movie

A new video showing the massive upgrade to the 320.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

I got the updates and installed & tested them today. They ran great, they add a lot of improvements to the model which itself is very nice. I can see that at the pace these guys are going, they are turning into a premium model (similar to the XP-11 Zibo 737) . There's still much to be done but it looks very promising.

BTW, I have taken note of the takeoff and landing behavior, specifically the approach and landing. I have seen two main things that have bothered me that aren't normal flight behavior for an Airbus (especially in FBW protected law). First thing, during the approach, the angle of attack is off when the managed speed is coupled with the approach mode in the MCDU perf page. The nose is just way too high and there is slight wing rocking (that is pre-stall behavior which does NOT happen on the Airbus, the protected mode will keep the wings level and add power if needed). Also, during the Retard (power) call at flare on landing, there is a tendency for one of the wings to drop (stall). I looked at the flight dynamics config and tried to figure out what was going on, I took note that the flaps lift_scalar = was set for 0.60 (or about 60% of full value) but the leading edge flaps were at full lift_scalar = value at 1 (1.0). The only way to maintain proper AoA and stability on approach and landings with those settings was to be 8 to 18 knots faster than the approach mode programmed speed.

So, for testing purposes, I set the trailing edge flaps to lift_scalar = 1. Problem solved! The takeoff, and approach/landing now have more normal AoA and generally better stability both in slow speed maneuvering and final/flare/landing phases. Going to leave this small fix in place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I got the updates and installed & tested them today. They ran great, they add a lot of improvements to the model which itself is very nice. I can see that at the pace these guys are going, they are turning into a premium model (similar to the XP-11 Zibo 737) . There's still much to be done but it looks very promising.

BTW, I have taken note of the takeoff and landing behavior, specifically the approach and landing. I have seen two main things that have bothered me that aren't normal flight behavior for an Airbus (especially in FBW protected law). First thing, during the approach, the angle of attack is off when the managed speed is coupled with the approach mode in the MCDU perf page. The nose is just way too high and there is slight wing rocking (that is pre-stall behavior which does NOT happen on the Airbus, the protected mode will keep the wings level and add power if needed). Also, during the Retard (power) call at flare on landing, there is a tendency for one of the wings to drop (stall). I looked at the flight dynamics config and tried to figure out what was going on, I took note that the flaps lift_scalar = was set for 0.60 (or about 60% of full value) but the leading edge flaps were at full lift_scalar = value at 1 (1.0). The only way to maintain proper AoA and stability on approach and landings with those settings was to be 8 to 18 knots faster than the approach mode programmed speed.

So, for testing purposes, I set the trailing edge flaps to lift_scalar = 1. Problem solved! The takeoff, and approach/landing now have more normal AoA and generally better stability both in slow speed maneuvering and final/flare/landing phases. Going to leave this small fix in place.
    I realize that you're dead in the water at the moment, but when you get running on 1.8.3.0, would you mind looking at this parameter again. I think they might have fixed it, but I'm not sure if I have the correct config. parameter identified. Thanks!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Members who have read this thread: 0