Anybody know where the personal cfg/ini files are?

Thread: Anybody know where the personal cfg/ini files are?

Blog Entries

Anybody know where the personal cfg/ini files are?

I, for the life of me cannot find where MSFS saves your personal prefs. There must be an ini or cfg file that I can edit. I found lots of cfg files in the "official" files but nothing that seems to be a saved preferences file.

I am hopping that I can edit the controls file manually. The set up MS built into the sim sucks big time. It is so inefficient and cumbersome. If I lose my setup and have to do it all over I will be....how do you spell PISSED.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I, for the life of me cannot find where MSFS saves your personal prefs. There must be an ini or cfg file that I can edit. I found lots of cfg files in the "official" files but nothing that seems to be a saved preferences file.

I am hopping that I can edit the controls file manually. The set up MS built into the sim sucks big time. It is so inefficient and cumbersome. If I lose my setup and have to do it all over I will be....how do you spell PISSED.
    John, there's a 'UserCFG' file in C: Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator. Also your saveflight files are stored there, camera,cfg, msfs.cfg etc and so on. Maybe that's what you're looking for ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    John, there's a 'UserCFG' file in C: Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator. Also your saveflight files are stored there, camera,cfg, msfs.cfg etc and so on. Maybe that's what you're looking for ?
    Thanks! I bet that is it.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Funny...or not...you´re not alone jmig
    Only files related to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that I bought on their store, installed and working perfectly, are "Community" with 0 bytes and "Official" with 100 GB. On drive "D" that I choose to install. And an icon in "Start/all programs" that I have to copy to desktop to launch it. Made a complete search, hidden folders, hidden system folders, the works, unable to find anything else related. They must be somewhere else, wonder where...Microsoft servers?

Blog Entries
    Beaufighter
    Funny...or not...you´re not alone jmig
    Only files related to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that I bought on their store, installed and working perfectly, are "Community" with 0 bytes and "Official" with 100 GB. On drive "D" that I choose to install. And an icon in "Start/all programs" that I have to copy to desktop to launch it. Made a complete search, hidden folders, hidden system folders, the works, unable to find anything else related. They must be somewhere else, wonder where...Microsoft servers?

I bet MS figures old men like us don't have a need to know. We might break something.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    [/INDENT]I bet MS figures old men like us don't have a need to know. We might break something.
    It's there... ;-) In the location/disk you entered before installing/downloading

Marcel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs2020root.png  

Found it (Thanks Marcel) just out of curiosity, not going to change anything even if I knew how. And no .cfg
    It´s very well hidden on my SSD Drive D/WpSystem/S-1-5-21-84179954-2216626312-3787592596-1001/AppData/Local/Packages
    Regards, Stay Safe

Members who have read this thread: 1