Make DR400 aft windows opaque?

Thread: Make DR400 aft windows opaque?

Make DR400 aft windows opaque?

I would like to make the rear windows of Yannick Lavigne's DR400 opaque to more closely represent a 135CDI bird. I've been trying to do it with the DXT/BMP tool to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Norm

Hi Storm'n-Norm,

The glass material had to be made opaque, and then an alpha channel added to the glass tex. Close to what you wanted. You can of course now change the colour of the opaque area of the glass, also to get it more accurate you can alter the tex and the alpha channel (see second pic), saving in the DXT3 format.

The mdl and initial tex is attached

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Shessi!

That is just what I was looking to do. I appreciate you taking the time to not only outline what needed to be done but to actually provide the mods.

The DR400 is one of my favorites. Lots of the lower powered and diesel variations do not have the aft widows.

Thanks again,
    Norm

Glad I could help, shout if you need anything.

(Unfortunately the VC interior view cannot be altered, as it's done using only the glass material and no tex assigned, but if you'd don't look around you won't see it...ha ha.)

And yes the DR400 is a great PFA ac in the real flying world, as well.

Cheers

Shessi

Lightbulb

Hi,

And yes the DR400 is a great PFA ac in the real flying world, as well
    The creator of this fine serie is dead recently
    (Sorry .. in french)
    Code:
    https://www.aerovfr.com/2020/08/pierre-robin-sest-envole/

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Hi,

The creator of this fine serie is dead recently
    (Sorry .. in french)
    Code:
    https://www.aerovfr.com/2020/08/pierre-robin-sest-envole/

Co creator surely, Jean Delemontez was the designer ( he had previously worked with his father in law, Edouard Joly, on the Jodel series) ?

Ttfn

Pete

Lightbulb

Hi,

Jean Delemontez was the designer
    Right !
    (Google translator)
    Practicing amateur construction, knowing Jean Delemontez, the designer of the famous Jodels including the two-seater D-112, it was by taking over the project for a three-seater imagined by Jean Delemontez that Pierre Robin was going, without knowing it, to orient his career. His Jodel-Robin registered F-PIER attracted a lot of attention for the quality of its realization and some friends, former students, urged him to embark on the construction of other aircraft, ordering him. This is how, with the help of his wife Thérèse, Pierre Robin was to become by force of circumstances a "manufacturer", the design of the planes falling to Jean Delemontez,

Members who have read this thread: 0