Screenshots - Page 105
Page 105 of 269 FirstFirst ... 55595979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6713

Thread: Screenshots

Nice pics everyone, love that F104!

Here's one (I turned off PG for a while to have smooth flight) around St Paul MN this morning (gotta love the 10SM haze bug)

ryansta by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

You wouldn't know it, looking at it in the sim, but this triangle-shaped private property, located quite literally in the middle of nowhere, which I was lucky enough to visit several years ago, is a desert storage yard containing up to seven disassembled B-25's (including the world's only remaining B-25B and a B-25C), two disassembled B-29's, an A-20 Havoc, about a dozen CAC-built Sabre jets, a couple Lockheed Lodestars, and thousands of B-25 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    You wouldn't know it, looking at it in the sim, but this triangle-shaped private property, located quite literally in the middle of nowhere, which I was lucky enough to visit several years ago, is a desert storage yard containing up to seven disassembled B-25's (including the world's only remaining B-25B and a B-25C), two disassembled B-29's, an A-20 Havoc, about a dozen CAC-built Sabre jets, a couple Lockheed Lodestars, and thousands of B-25 parts.
    I once figured out where that location is and tracked it down on Google Maps. Thanks for the reminder, I'll add it to my aviation museums/shops POI database - but not the one I release publicly, out of discretion.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    I once figured out where that location is and tracked it down on Google Maps. Thanks for the reminder, I'll add it to my aviation museums/shops POI database - but not the one I release publicly, out of discretion.

August
    A few of the photos I took from my visit there can be seen halfway through my Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/190986626@N05/page2

Here are some more screenshots from another AT-6 flight today, this time around the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

A few of the photos I took from my visit there can be seen halfway through my Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/190986626@N05/page2

Here are some more screenshots from another AT-6 flight today, this time around the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

I spy the Stillwater Bridge... nice shots John. I know I can explore the entire world - but most of the time I loiter around MSP hehe.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Just shut down Mike Potter's Spitfire after a winter dusk flight from Gatineau to St.-Hubert. I saw those three vintage planes in the background when I visited the airport some years ago, but their presentation in the excellent CYHU airport from https://www.jpfil.com/quebec-fs2020/index.htm is a bit of wishful thinking. The Canso has gone to the Collings Foundation for restoration, I think that the Viscount is gone as well, and the Dakota seems to be in the care of the Quebec Aerospace Museum elsewhere on the field.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hubert-1a.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Where is that boneyard at John? Nice to hear there are still some Australian built Sabre airframes still about other than the one still flying at Temora.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I spy the Stillwater Bridge... nice shots John. I know I can explore the entire world - but most of the time I loiter around MSP hehe.
    Same here! Today's flight for me started at Crystal, then on to Anoka, Forest Lake, then Stillwater and ending at Lake Elmo. I'll often times just do pattern work around Fleming and Lake Elmo, and of course Wipaire's airfield and water runways on the Mississippi are great for any small seaplane and bush plane type.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Where is that boneyard at John? Nice to hear there are still some Australian built Sabre airframes still about other than the one still flying at Temora.
    Hi Pat, it is located in extreme southern California. The Sabres (as well as the B-29's and A-20) are owned by Kermit Weeks. When I visited several years ago, there were about a dozen, but he has sold several of them since that time, and I believe one remains on loan to the Palm Springs Air Museum. If I recall correctly, four or five of them were considered to have good potential for restoration to airworthy.

North Vegas to Catalina

I don't know what it is about this little modern hotrod, but I keep coming back to it time and time again!

Leaving North Las Vegas

"Over the moutains..."

"...Take me across the sky"

Huntington Beach

Parked at Catalina
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    CF-18 over BC 4 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

CF-18 over BC 3 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

Untitled by Doug Smith, on Flickr
    I really like this shot. There is the opening of a story here. The fog helps set the scene and tone The large Canada with the Maple Leaf in the top left sets the venue, with hopes that the story will unfold.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

jk10880 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10878 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10855 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10844 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I really like this shot. There is the opening of a story here. The fog helps set the scene and tone The large Canada with the Maple Leaf in the top left sets the venue, with hopes that the story will unfold.
    Hey, thank you John. I was just trying something clever by setting very dense clouds, full rain, full lightning and trying to catch the screenshot during a lightning strike. If I timed it just right, I got some really nice lighting and shine effects on the model and wet ground. I have outtakes but I felt this one stood out more, it is very moody!

lynn001 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    lynn001 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Oh oh, she doesn't look convenient!
    Good job JK.

jk10957 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10961 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 347