Screenshots - Page 170

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Thank you for your comments.
    Take off from Phoenix airport, Arizona and go South West.
    Thanks, Richard! Wow!

Amazing! Looks like incredible huge vacation/holiday resorts. Called Sun Lakes. What strikes me most is that it looks almost deserted ! Walking around some of the streets i only saw two people.. Also remarkable that in your shots there's just about no water to see around there. Sun Lakes ??... In Google Maps that has changed a lot. Bodies of water everywhere.

Never been to the ol' US of A myself but i'm getting the picture more and more now. Long live Google/Bing Maps and our electrifying Microsobo FS !

BTW, I like the penguins comments !
    Hehe, your screenies are always very inspiring !

Tanker 72 and 73 off base to a new dispatch

awesome set here.at first i thought it was a cell from an animated movie about a penguin pilot

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post

you tease!!

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Tanker 72 and 73 off base to a new dispatch

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    you tease!!
    Tankerguy72 definitely does!!!

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Hi ZsoltB
    Hey this is wonderfule. And i very happy to see that my paintings are also flown, i love it. A wonderful winter atmosphere with the HB-IRI. Thank you for showing me, and my next DC-3 painting is in full planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, I'm making the move to this flt sim platform from FSX. Is this a texture you have created and may upload for others to enjoy at some point ? Regards
    Yes, that's exactly it. I still have to finalize one or two details and it will soon be available for free.
    There are already several available here :
    https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/sim-...4-starfighter/

thank you for the link, your textures are second to none !

Shining in the sun enroute Hamilton, Toronto to Halifax, Nova Scotia :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.11.22 - 20.04.51.34.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	89012
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

My favorite part of the 40th anniversary addon. Using laser scans of the original at the Smithsonian, modeled with milometer-accuracy.

Note the authentic graffiti on the fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    My favorite part of the 40th anniversary addon. Using laser scans of the original at the Smithsonian, modeled with milometer-accuracy.
    It's an example of where a video game merges into being a piece of historical documentation. Not the first or only example; I'm reminded of the model of Notre Dame in Assassin's Creed Unity, which, although it proved useless in repairing the fire damage because of both resolution limitations (cathedrals are big! and hard to scan at 1mm resolution) and inaccuracies introduced for the sake of gameplay, was still a great educational tool and awareness raiser.

This is one of the vectors by which we approach the metaverse, assuming we want one. The MSFS universe already is the closest thing to an interactable world-sized realistic environment at a macro level, and through projects like the NYP, it can also be built up from the micro level. I do talks and participate in panels on this subject, and have started using a screen shot from MSFS as one of my powerpoint slides. This is only partly so that I can sneak my P-51 into a presentation that is supposedly about cyber legal and regulatory issues.

Of course, our little sim still has a long way to go before it can compete with this awesome fidelity:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	960x0.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	89026

But we can dare to dream.

August

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    you tease!!
    I'm not one to tease......

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Fantastic set of shots of the Ryan in your flicker collection.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Consolidated Vultee (Convair) P4Y-2. Commercial version of the B-24 Liberator. Notoriously difficult to fly and, if I recall correctly, the plane featured in "Fate is the Hunter" (a great aviation book by Ernie Gann).
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Consolidated Vultee (Convair) P4Y-2. Commercial version of the B-24 Liberator. Notoriously difficult to fly and, if I recall correctly, the plane featured in "Fate is the Hunter" (a great aviation book by Ernie Gann).
    I think the aircraft Gann talks about is the C-87 Liberator Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I think the aircraft Gann talks about is the C-87 Liberator Express.
    I believe the pictured aircraft (and hopefully TankerGuy will enlighten us) is a variant of the B-24....as is the C-87. (Please refer to Wiki page for B-24 as it lists numerous B-24 variants including the the C-87C a.k.a. RY-3 a.k.a. PB4Y-2 a.k.a. P4Y-2 (the pictured aircraft N6884C being a 1959 Privateer). I get it...pretty convoluted.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    I believe the pictured aircraft (and hopefully TankerGuy will enlighten us) is a variant of the B-24....as is the C-87.
    The aircraft pictured is a PB4Y-2 Privateer modified with R2600s off B-25s and also the nose capped with the canopy off a F-86 (from memory as I'm not near my notes)

Yes, you are!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    I'm reminded of the model of Notre Dame in Assassin's Creed Unity,
    If you're into that, just in case you didn't know about it yet, you can virtually walk around ancient Egypt thru a 'non violence' version of Assassin's Creed Origins in 'Discovery Tour'. It is absolutely breathtaking. And if that wasn't enough already the same thing is true for ancient Greece. Envy you if you haven't been there yet.

https://youtu.be/_yMDdQKfv70

They did the same sort of thing with Assassin's Creed Odyssey - a tour of classical Greece about the time of the Peloponnesian War. If you play the game to its conclusion, you don't see anything new, but you do get a commentary telling you all about the factual history and significance of the various locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    If you're into that, just in case you didn't know about it yet, you can virtually walk around ancient Egypt thru a 'non violence' version of Assassin's Creed Origins in 'Discovery Tour'. It is absolutely breathtaking. And if that wasn't enough already the same thing is true for ancient Greece. Envy you if you haven't been there yet.

https://youtu.be/_yMDdQKfv70
    Yes, I bought that when it came out, but haven't gotten around to doing the tour yet. So much to play, so little time! This type of thing is great to see.

August

Members who have read this thread: 354