Screenshots - Page 7
Page 7 of 269 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

This new offering by MS and Team looks amazing ! Thanks for the great series of screenshots everyone. Would love to see what The Bahamas looks like , especially Rum Cay and San Salvador. Need to start saving for a new PC and monitor ! Mike

Some shots around Bakersfield:

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Does anyone know how to change the aircraft ID? We're supposed to be able to change that, at least that's what I read somewhere. Do we have to change it in the config file?
    In the aircraft selection screen, look to the left for ATC options.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

And while we're on the subject, there's also a Callsign option. If you're running Azure for the speech engine, you can literally type in anything and that's what ATC will call you - even something obscene!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Rob, it's nice to see you got the 'cuda into MSFS. I assume that means you'll be bringing more of your planes into the new sim? I'm looking forward to them.

Does anyone know how to change the aircraft ID? We're supposed to be able to change that, at least that's what I read somewhere. Do we have to change it in the config file?

Thanks,

Ken

Still flying around Alaska. Airports missing and incomplete there. I know it will all be fixed in good time, loving it just the same.
    The Barracuda is just a port over, the real thing could take a lot longer.
    The sim is so perfect in every way that it would be sacrilege to add home made stuff!

Bomber - how do you get such blitzingly good screen shots?
    My scenery and aircraft look great but my screen shots lose something in translation.
    I'm doing Winkey + Shift + S and then pasting that in to Paint and saving as jpeg.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Jim, my process I don't think is much different. I use the Xbox Game Bar function of Winkey+Alt+PrtSc and it saves the images to a folder in .png format. I then open them in PaintShopPro and save them as .jpegs in native resolution, at the lowest compression/highest quality, and the versions I post here are automatically reduced in size by Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Jim, my process I don't think is much different. I use the Xbox Game Bar function of Winkey+Alt+PrtSc and it saves the images to a folder in .png format. I then open them in PaintShopPro and save them as .jpegs in native resolution, at the lowest compression/highest quality, and the versions I post here are automatically reduced in size by Flickr.
    Ummm, maybe the .png capture has something to do with it.
    I shall experiment further when I go "up" this afternoon.

Cheers.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Somewhere Over Florida

Seeing if I can remember how to post pics. Like everyone else, still working out bugs.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200824082510_1.jpg   20200824080247_1.jpg   20200824080301_1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Great to see you back BB.
    Thanks, brother! Good to see you still around!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    This new offering by MS and Team looks amazing ! Thanks for the great series of screenshots everyone. Would love to see what The Bahamas looks like , especially Rum Cay and San Salvador. Need to start saving for a new PC and monitor ! Mike
    Watermasks are a work in progress and for most of the world, water is still completely opaque. I dont know about The Bahamas, but Turks & Cocoas looks incredible. A taste of things to come. I'll try and post something today for you.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Some of the outlying islands near The Bahamas features the shallow water masking, but as mentioned though, there is going to be a lot more of such features coming in the future (each hand-edited) and the main islands don't yet feature the shallow water detail.

I'll also echo Noddy by saying it is great to see you back, Bob!
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 24th, 2020 at 07:51.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Here's a couple of shots of San Salvador. Unfortunately, it was a bit cloudy, but you get the idea...

Here's some from Turks & Cacaos, showing off the coral!

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Indianapolis Motor Speedway:

Looked smoother on television..:

Last edited by Ferry_vO; August 25th, 2020 at 01:33.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Departing Rome:

Mount Vesuvius:

Last edited by Ferry_vO; August 25th, 2020 at 01:33.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

El Teide Volcano, Tenerife:

Some screenshots from around and over The Bahamas. The waters off the main mass of The Bahamas is still waiting for its detailed water masking features like this shown here around the smaller outlying islands, surely to come in a future update.

One of those "don't ask how it happened" photos...

(forgot to put the parking brake on and some gusts sent my plane somersaulting down the cliff when I was off roaming the island with the drone camera)

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some of the outlying islands near The Bahamas features the shallow water masking, but as mentioned though, there is going to be a lot more of such features coming in the future (each hand-edited) and the main islands don't yet feature the shallow water detail.

I'll also echo Noddy by saying it is great to see you back, Bob!
    Been quite some time, brother! Good to see you still around, recognize a lot people still!

Early evening poodle about from my local airfield on the south coast of England.
    Thanks to Bomber for screen capture advice.

Last edited by Ganter; August 24th, 2020 at 10:17.
    Jim

Man, BananaBob is back and John forgot to set the parking brake. 2020 just keeps getting more weird.

Nice to see you back BB. John, which island is that? Is that the one across (south) from St. Martin? I can't remember the name of it right now. BTW, If you crash, save the flight, then reload it, and the plane will be in the exact spot right side up and running. Let's call it an educated guess.

Ken

Members who have read this thread: 345