Screenshots - Page 12
Page 12 of 278 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

"Roger, Tower...err...sorry, say again, which runway?"

(EGHC St.Just, and bug reported to Zendesk.)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EGHC a few too many.jpg  

I had some fun last night flying over some places I've visited years ago around/near-to Los Angeles, California. Here are some screenshots from Burbank, through Laurel Canyon, to Santa Monica .

Last edited by Bomber_12th; September 1st, 2020 at 11:15.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Some shots from Camarillo, Oxnard and Santa Barbara.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Trying to Find Zhangjiajie National Forest Park CHINA

....But ended up messingn with drone settings....

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Caicos Departure

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks for these beautiful images. In this thread I travelled all around the world and saw many beautiful places and also some less beautiful spots. The images are certainly breathtaking, but I expect people take screenshots from the most beautiful areas in the sim, but how looks the "normal world"?

But I still failed to see any picture of my part of the word. Can somebody please post some images from the West part from the Netherlands. I live near the coast just south west from Schiphol airport (Amsterdam/EHAM).

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for these beautiful images. In this thread I travelled all around the world and saw many beautiful places and also some less beautiful spots. The images are certainly breathtaking, but I expect people take screenshots from the most beautiful areas in the sim, but how looks the "normal world"?

But I still failed to see any picture of my part of the word. Can somebody please post some images from the West part from the Netherlands. I live near the coast just south west from Schiphol airport (Amsterdam/EHAM).

Cheers,
    Huub
    In and around the coast near Schiphol. I'm not very familiar with the area so I just kind of flew around aimlessly, hopefully this is still helpful

Edit: Imgur really killed the quality of these, it's not nearly as blurry in-game!

Been a while since I posted some shots here, also my first from FS2020. Decided to check out Alaska, looked at some maps and was way too enthusiastic regarding the distances. That state is huge. Decided to check out an Airfield marked as Highlight in the FS, KEB - Nanwalek. Take off at Anchorage, so a nice short distance hop for the CJ4. Climbing out of Anchorage into some moody live weather Already descended, looking for that airport Is that really the runway? Had to fly a lap around it to check out the best approach possibilities Well, let´s do this Living the good life, looks like a very interesting place to visit I have to admit that I did the landing a couple of times until I was happy with it. Lots of runway to spare, but still I guess it would be a bit risky to pull this off in real life. With the TBM, C208, 172, etc., this one should be more appropriate.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Thanks AK416, really appreciated

For me most of the areas look very familiar. It is really amazing to see how detailed the scenery is as it didn't take me very long to recognise every area.

The top pictures are the dunes near a place called Wassenaar (roughly 10k South from where I live). I recognise the parking areas and the cycling path, which I frequently take. Its an area in which water is injected and filtered, to supply drinking water for The Hague, which you can see further South along the coast.

At the second picture you are still above the very south of Wassenaar at the border with The Hague (Very close to the US embassy). At the right side of the image you can see Duindigt, where they do horse racing.

The third picture is very recognisable. These are the Kagerplassen Originally these lakes were part of the large lake called Haarlemmermeer. Over the centuries many polder were created to turn the water in usable land. The airport Schiphol is in one of these polders and actually over 5 meter below sea level.......... The village you see at the centre left is Warmond. I live in the village Noordwijk you can just see at the top right at the coast.
    I have done quite some sailing on these lakes.

The fourth picture shows the city of Nieuw Vennep including an area called Getsewoud. Which was still a tiny village a few decades ago, but is growing quite fast to house all the people who work in the area around Amsterdam. The villige in is the middle of the large polder in which you can find Schiphol airport as well. In the back you see the lake called "Westeinderplas" (West end lake). I see the shadows of a few (new) high tension poles, but the actual poles are missing.

The fifth picture is the village of Zandvoort with its circuit. It a small 20k North of where I live. As you can see the circuit is actually at the edge of a preserved nature area.

The last picture shows the "Amsterdamse duinwaterleiding", just south of Zandvoort. Again an area in which water from the large rivers is injected to let the fine sands of the dunes filter it. This time to supply drinking water to the city of Amsterdam. The area is really beautiful and has a very rich wildlife.

The water extracted from the dunes is only 2% of the required amount of water. Large quantities of water are filtered in treated in large plants near the IJsselmeer, now the relatively small amount of water extracted from the dunes is just used to improve the taste of the water.

Thanks again, and again I'm really amazed as it really looks like it looks in the sim....
    Huub

Blog Entries
    How do you take a screenshot in MSFS2020? For the life of me I can't figure out which key(s) to use.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

John, I use NVIDIA Shadowplay (it's built into all modern NVIDIA GFX cards and it's free) accessed through NVIDIA experience app. I assigned CTRL+SHFT+V.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

You can also just do a Ctrl+PrtScr to do a screen grab, and paste the result into any photo editor. Or use Shadowplay, easier.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks AK416, really appreciated

Thanks again, and again I'm really amazed as it really looks like it looks in the sim....
    Huub
    You are very welcome and thank you for sharing that information! Always a pleasure for me to learn about a place that I didn't know existed 24 hours ago! Incredible that the sim can inspire discussion like this. If you think of any more places you would like to see, please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
    Huub
    It really doesn't matter where you go, at least not in the U.S., I've been all over and it's pretty beautiful everywhere, and gives you a sense of immersion like you're really flying there. Compares extremely well to places I've actually flown, to the point, I felt like I was there. There is stuff missing, like the radar domes and dishes of the Haystack Observatory in Westford, MA, or the New Boston Radomes. There's similar buildings there, but not the radomes, so it doesn't work as landmarks like in the real world that you can see for miles and miles as it stands out against the background. But I hope that will be addressed over time by the community.

I'm at work, or I'd go snap some shots for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    How do you take a screenshot in MSFS2020? For the life of me I can't figure out which key(s) to use.
    I use a program called Gadwin Printscreen v4.7. It's really old, but still works great in the latest version of Win10. And it's very configurable.

You don't have to cut and paste or anything, it'll save the files where you want in the format you want with name you want, you can set up what it captures (window, screen, etc), what key binding you want, notifications if you want, etc., etc..

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    If you have an Nvidea GeForce card, the GeForce Experience package includes several neat toys. You can screen grab or record video, and even broadcast live over FB and others.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Windows key + Print screen key will take a screenshot and save it to your My Pictures folder in a sub-folder titled "screenshots". No external programs, no pasting into paint, no extra key binds

By the way, the only modifying key that works with PrtScn/Print Screen is the Alt key. Press it by itself, and you get your entire screen, or screens if using multiple monitors. Alt+PrtScn gets just the active window.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Something different?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	78777

Er, is this supposed to be this way?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.03 - 14.03.48.16.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Er, is this supposed to be this way?
    Mirror universe??? (Watch out for the Terran Empire - they're pretty ruthless!)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Mirror universe??? (Watch out for the Terran Empire - they're pretty ruthless!)
    I didn't make the paint! NC

I found it!

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Did some exploring in the offbeat areas of EHAM Schipol and was amazed at the detail.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pip-1.jpg   CJ-1.jpg   CJ-3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 355