Beaufighters over NG

Thread: Beaufighters over NG

Beaufighters over NG

Another set of missions done by Talon( RIP ) that was never finished.There are 6 missions of the 30 Squadron attacking ships and airbases.

Any interest?

If there is enough interest I will do more work on it and try to finish it.The Beaufighters also did intercept bombers at times and also shot down some fighters.

TheBookie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beaufighter.jpg  

INTEREST??? Anything done by our late master Talon will be of interest. Add to this, that it is about a little known part of the war, flown in an unusual type of aircraft, and it all adds up to YES PLEASE!!
    Finn

Very interested!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Love those pug nosed Beaufighters!

Few more pics from awhile back

TheBookie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beau attack 001.jpg   Beau attack 002.jpg   Beau attack 0023.jpg  

It would be good to see a few more repaints for this very important aircraft to match its operational history in the SWPTO.

I have a copy of the rare "Beaufighters in the Pacific", the definitive history of RAAF Beaufighter operations. Happy to scan sections if they would be useful for missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    It would be good to see a few more repaints for this very important aircraft to match its operational history in the SWPTO.

I have a copy of the rare "Beaufighters in the Pacific", the definitive history of RAAF Beaufighter operations. Happy to scan sections if they would be useful for missions.
    There's not much interest in these missions Ravenna so I probably won't continue except for my own satisfaction and the ones who showed interest.I already sent 1 package out to someone that showed interest awhile back when I sent him missions and said I had some RAAF Beaufighter missions.

TheBookie

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I would like these missions, if you're still sending them out. My email is lmcdonald18@comcast.net

Braveheart

More RAAF missions will always be welcome. There are not so many Aussie campaign/missions available beside the classic 'Defence of Australia' package.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart77521 View Post
    I would like these missions, if you're still sending them out. My email is lmcdonald18@comcast.net

Braveheart
    Braveheart,

I'm not sending anymore out at the moment because they are being tested as I write this.

Roxane,

I know there was a Milne Bay done years ago.

It's a shame there isn't much mention of New Zealand who was a great help in the Solomons.

Some of the pilots of the 75th Squadron ( DOA ) and 76th Squadron ( Milne Bay ) first flew in N Africa and same with the 30 Squadron of Beaufighters.

To do missions and campaigns it takes lots of research which a lot of people are not willing to do.

TheBookie

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    Braveheart,

To do missions and campaigns it takes lots of research which a lot of people are not willing to do.

TheBookie
    OK, I'll bite. For a few years I kept up a correspondence with Neville Parnell, the author of "Beaufighters in the Pacific". This is the definitive work on RAAF Beaufighter ops in the SWPTO. I would be happy to share any of the material in Neville's book if it helps to put a RAAF Beaufighter campaign together. Sometimes, when it comes to research, a few people is all it takes.

Beaufighters over NG No.30 Squadron RAAF Beaufighters 1942-1943

This is what these missions are made from.

TheBookie

SOH-CM-2020

Beaufighters over NG

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    More RAAF missions will always be welcome.
    Hear Hear.

Yes, interested.

cheers,

SW

Members who have read this thread: 0