Bristol Beaufort for FSX / P3d v4.5.zip

Thread: Bristol Beaufort for FSX / P3d v4.5.zip

Bristol Beaufort for FSX / P3d v4.5.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: This is a conversion of the old Alphasim Bristol Beaufort to FSX-native standard and for P3Dv4.5. The project is dedicated to my old German teacher, Wing Commander Arthur Aldridge DFC and bar, who flew the Beaufort with distinction between 1940 and 1943, with No. 217 Sqdn., initially from St Eval in Cornwall, later from RAF Luqua on Malta and finally in Sri-Lanka and Singapore.

There are 11 models included, representing the major variants of the Beaufort in service with the RAF and the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). There are 8 new texture sets based on the original paint kit, as well as the 4 original ones from Alphasim.

Sounds are from the default DC-3.

The P3D version contains glass textures, set for PBR, in order to remove the blue tint; if you wish to use it in other P3D versions I suggest you try the FSX models.

There are some known issues: The RAAF and Mk.2 models retain the smaller Bristol Taurus nacelles and gear doors; I am not sufficiently gifted at modelling to create new ones myself but anyone willing to do so is welcome.

All of the FSX models demonstrate an artifact in DX10 but not DX9. A black line appears on both nacelles top and bottom, back to the U/C doors. This is most likely caused by texture stretching affecting bump mapping. Therefore, DX10 needs to be turned off when flying the Beaufort in FSX.

The aircraft is fine in P3D v4.5.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bristol Beaufort for FSX / P3d v4.5.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I have been playing around with this airplane and it is an absolute joy to fly. THANK YOU!

P3d v5

The P3D has no panel, sound and textures folders in it.

Quote Originally Posted by david_wi View Post
    The P3D has no panel, sound and textures folders in it.
    P3Dv5 is a very different animal to P3Dv4.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    P3Dv5 is a very different animal to P3Dv4.
    And where is the missing folder in the download?

SOLVED by moving folders from FSX version to P3D

Members who have read this thread: 3