OT: The server is too busy at the moment

Thread: OT: The server is too busy at the moment

OT: The server is too busy at the moment

Hello,
    this issue is still present.
    Similar topic with raports from users was here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=server , now its closed but this problem exists still.

Any news about progress of solvung this? Its a problem few times every day .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"As we are a global wide wide forum it is not possible to schedule this internal maintenance at the moment nobody is using the server.
    To solve most performance related problems we want to move to a 64bit platform, 8 core CPU, 64GB of ram and 2TB of drive space in a RAID 6 environment. Which is a decent server with a good price-value balance. (Still not the absolute best, but when you want to donate a better machine, please do).
    During the donation drive, most of us (if not all) were suddenly confronted with the consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic. For the SOH one of the immediate consequences was that the donation drive lasted much longer than expected. Many of us lost jobs or were confronted in a different way with the economic crisis caused by the pandemic.
    The target of this years donation drive was only reached on the 12th of April. Which provided a green light for the planned modernization of our servers. But as you can understand the replacement of the servers currently isn't automatically the highest priority, as many have severe and urgent issues in real life which currently needs priority attention.
    We also have to find out whether our plans are still executable under the current circumstances. Are the required technicians available? Can they travel? Is the planned hard-ware still available, etc. So the execution of plans might need more time than we originally anticipated.
    Priller is correct that our servers were moved in the past. When my memory is still correct, this was because our previous data-centre merged with our current data-centre after which they abandoned the data-centre which housed our servers.
    Last year Dave provided an overview with all the annual costs and the way our money was spent. I expect he will do the same this year once he knows how he will spend it. Please have some patience as Dave is one of the people who is hit quite hard by this crisis.
    As said I understand every-bodies frustration, but we are doing our utmost to keep this outhouse running. And I ask for your understanding that people currently have other important things on their agenda.
    We don't have any influence on people who think its fun to overload data-traffic or who invest in bots which 'harvest' the complete internet several times per week."
    The above reply was posted from Huub in previous thread!

Nothing has changed except for the COVID19 second wave increasing the load on the net and the volunteers who maintain this site.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks for that W.

I think like a lot of us, I thought that this upgrade was happening in the background, and like YoYo have noticed a lot of server busy and slow up's. I should have asked to get clarity, but didn't..dohhh!

Now I know, and of course with the world stopping for while, so completely understand why the upgrade hasn't happened etc.

The mighty SOH is still here, so are we...so up, up and away!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Thanks for that W.

I think like a lot of us, I thought that this upgrade was happening in the background, and like YoYo have noticed a lot of server busy and slow up's. I should have asked to get clarity, but didn't..dohhh!

Now I know, and of course with the world stopping for while, so completely understand why the upgrade hasn't happened etc.

The mighty SOH is still here, so are we...so up, up and away!

Cheers

Shessi
    Really??? It's freakin' about an hour a day the server is down for maintenance. I for one get hit by it often (even though it's at 1 am for me ), but doesn't bother me in the least. There's plenty of other things for me to do when I can't access the site... like sim!

I appreciate this space so much. Thank you to EVERYONE who donates their time and part of their lives to keep this site going. It's totally awesome and the downtime doesn't bother me at all.

IMHO this is much ado about nothing. It's a minor inconvenience if you think about the fact that this place is add free.

Just my two €cents worth.

Priller

Priller
    IMHO this is much ado about nothing. It's a minor inconvenience if you think about the fact that this place is add free.

Just my two €cents worth.

Priller
    I agree with Priller not trying to start anything, but give it a rest. This is one of the best sites out there, by far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOH

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I was surprised to see this again. We went over this once. . .find something interesting to post please!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0