Off Topic: Extra spaces in my posts

Thread: Off Topic: Extra spaces in my posts

Blog Entries

Off Topic: Extra spaces in my posts

I know this is off topic from P3D flying. But, this is the only forum I now visit, so it is sorta P3D, no.

See the extra spaces between my words and my signature. They have been there for years. I have looked through my account settings and can not figure out how to remove them. There are no extra returns above my signature in my settings.

No one else has such a large gap between the last period and their signature.

Anyone have an idea how I can remove them?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Settings > My settings > Edit signature ?

I can edit it here.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just redid my signature because I no longer have my old computer or running FSX. Like most, I am awaiting the new Sim and will purchase a new system. I think I have the same spacing between as you do!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I signature line (gray one) seems to start when the left side (avatar area) ends. Dump all the personal info and it will move up. Also, there looks to be a little space by default when the body text extends beyond the left side info. Posts by folks without signatures only have a line or two space before the post ends. Maybe it is controlled by admin settings or its just the way the software was designed to work?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies. All three of you have the same extra spacing in your posts. Frank, I think you may be correct in stating that this is the way the board is set up. However, I don't remember it being this way when I was a moderator. Oh well, back to taking about P3D while we await the long anticipated update that "might" make the sim perform the way we expected when purchased.

P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the dads.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Thanks for the replies. All three of you have the same extra spacing in your posts. Frank, I think you may be correct in stating that this is the way the board is set up. However, I don't remember it being this way when I was a moderator. Oh well, back to taking about P3D while we await the long anticipated update that "might" make the sim perform the way we expected when purchased.

P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the dads.
    I assume you mean an extra carriage return as opposed to an extra space?

It's probably putting a <p> instead of a <br> at the end of the line.

You might try putting a Shift-return, instead of return at the end of the line?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

I am not sure if you are referring to hitting RETURN at the end of the post, or in my signature. So, I will end this post with a SHIFT-RETURN, to see what happens, and then go look at my signature.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Haven't heard "carriage return" since my days working on the Singer/Friden Flexowriters back in the 70's!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0