Douglas C-47 in Panama - Blender Video

Thread: Douglas C-47 in Panama - Blender Video

Douglas C-47 in Panama - Blender Video

Since my old W7 laptop (which still has Windows Movie Editor on it) is dying I have scavanged a 'new' old laptop with W10 and installed Blender for video editing. Just for sh*ts and giggles I have gone back to my first (or nearly first at any rate) video and reflown the basic route for comparisons.

Finally got the Manfred Jahn C-47 installed in my new flight sim computer and took her out for a test flight - having forgotten almost everything about it (shame on me!).

Except for my flying ability, I think it is a vast improvement!

Have a look.

Enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Great video and glad to get view of Panama Canal in FSX for first time!! It is neat!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Great video and glad to get view of Panama Canal in FSX for first time!! It is neat!!

Regards,

Aharon
    Glad you liked it!

And here is a link to that free scenery:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...anama-scenery/
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks for cool link, Bruce66

The Sky is the Limit

I tried this scenery, works pretty good in P3D V4.5 - The author was very creative with the ships that were in the locks. I don't know how one could get a major

size aircraft carrier to squeeze through the locks. The carrier is a generic one with no numbers on the island or flight deck. Now and then, as I was checking out the scenery in a Bell 47,

and flying down the Atlantic/Pacific connector, I could see animated flying white birds, nice touch. I'll have to explore more of that area later. For me, the helo was low and slow and I could

take all the detail in.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I tried this scenery, works pretty good in P3D V4.5 - The author was very creative with the ships that were in the locks. I don't know how one could get a major

size aircraft carrier to squeeze through the locks. The carrier is a generic one with no numbers on the island or flight deck. Now and then, as I was checking out the scenery in a Bell 47,

and flying down the Atlantic/Pacific connector, I could see animated flying white birds, nice touch. I'll have to explore more of that area later. For me, the helo was low and slow and I could

take all the detail in.
    Yup it sure is a nice little add on. I also use Global Base and the enhanced trees and buildings from ORBX which, I think, adds a bit. What I did not have turned on in this flight was Global Vector - that might have made it better or not - hard to say.

One thing to note with this scenery (unless it was updated and I missed the update) there is no winter version so if you fly with this scenery on in winter you get some weird anomalies.
    The Sky is the Limit

Found something that would complement the scenery you flew in. Over at simshack is Virtuacol Tocumen International Airport Scenery (MPTO)

which is now freeware. I tried it out and it will blend in with the area where the locks are in your scenery. Maybe you could install it

and refilm your video

Key Features

Makes use of full detail to ensure Tocumen International Airport is accurately laid out.
    Comes with the northern expansion of the terminal which was remodelled.
    Vehicles move around the airport with ease, adding more life without performance loss.
    100% compatible with DirectX 10.
    Fully operational moving, animated jetways and ground service staff.
    Photorealistic details in and around the airport to help create visual balance.
    Night lighting included to help make sure you can always fly here without issue.

Link:

https://www.simshack.net/products/free-tocumen-international-airport-scenery-1672

Last edited by gray eagle; June 19th, 2020 at 07:05.

Few more

That looks great Gray Eagle! Thanks for providing the link.

I have 'purchased' the scenery - now I just need to get back in the sim and give it a go!

PS: Not sure how soon it will be - RL has raised it's ugly head and put a 'lock-down' on my time for a while...with any luck I will be back in action soon!
    The Sky is the Limit

Howard AFB

Found a scenery for former Howard AFB (Now Panamá Pacífico International Airport) which is nearby the locks and the aircraft carrier you had in your video.

You can see the carrier in upper left corner of this capture.

If interested here is the link:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=78239654

Great job! Thanks for the entertainment

JP

I found it I think (a bit of an effort since FlightSim.com would not recognise my login details!)

This will give me somewhere to fly to from the other airport. I am thinking C-46 this time - just getting that plane installed in my new system now and it needs a test flight....

Thanks for the link!
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by jpmouse View Post
    Great job! Thanks for the entertainment

JP
    Always a pleasure!
    The Sky is the Limit

Members who have read this thread: 0