ModelConverterX material properties

Thread: ModelConverterX material properties

Blog Entries

ModelConverterX material properties

I’ve cracked out the latest copy of Arno’s great tool - I find it great for making small edits like tweaking the colour of a canopy to match the one from another model I like better. What I’ve done so far is open two sessions of MCX. I select Materials, and the canopy from model A in one session and select the canopy from model A in a second session, and then manually copy the settings from A to B.

So my question is, is there a way to copy ALL the attributes of a particular object in one move, And then paste/apply them to that second model, rather than going line by line?

Thx,

dl.

Why yes indeed. In the Material Editor check out the Material Template Editor right next to the 'Apply' button. Open the Template Editor, create a new template, give it a telling name, pick one of the current materials from the list, exit. Next time you open MCX that template will be selectable and you can apply it to your other model. Neat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Why yes indeed. In the Material Editor check out the Material Template Editor right next to the 'Apply' button. Open the Template Editor, create a new template, give it a telling name, pick one of the current materials from the list, exit. Next time you open MCX that template will be selectable and you can apply it to your other model. Neat!
    Thanks - in the end, I decided to make entry by entry edits just to make sure. But this will come in handy when making more global edits to a model.

thanks!

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0