IndiaFoxtEcho M-346 MASTER released!

Thread: IndiaFoxtEcho M-346 MASTER released!

IndiaFoxtEcho M-346 MASTER released!

With apologies for the absence from this forum (very busy both IRL and in flightsim development), I wanted to let you guys know that I have finally released the Aermacchi/Leonardo M-346 for Prepar3D at SimMarket.
    The plane is compatible with P3Dv4.4, v4.5 and v5.0 - and can be purchased here https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafo...ster-p3d.phtml

Finally! TY!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Dino, OMW to get it now. Cheers!

Great rendition of a Master class trainer!
    Well done, Dino, once again!

I've flown it now and I love the way it handles. TacPack isn't working for me, but I think it's an install issue on my part. I can't wait to get the weapons load out working, because it's a lot of fun to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I've flown it now and I love the way it handles. TacPack isn't working for me, but I think it's an install issue on my part. I can't wait to get the weapons load out working, because it's a lot of fun to fly.
    but did you write about Prepar3Dv4? TacPack for v5 not released yet...

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for your appreciation and support!Tacpack is indeed only available in v4... but there is no difference in the install and should be automatically activated when Tacpack becomes available in V5.The M-346 has a limited support for vACMI, too - but it requires the user to move some files. See the manual in the docs folder for details.

Really great job Dino and I hope your experience in some of your other glass cockpit models (F-35,EF2000) helped out.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'm using P3D V4.5 I'm skipping P3DV5 for FS2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Really great job Dino and I hope your experience in some of your other glass cockpit models (F-35,EF2000) helped out.
    It definitely helped a lot. The M-346 is as complex as any 4.5th generation fighter... I have to confess I underestimated its complexity initially.

I'm using P3D V4.5 I'm skipping P3DV5 for FS2020.
    The M-346 should be working correctly with Tacpack out of the box...

I can load the instructor/pilot, chocks, etc. which I assume is due to not being part of TacPack. But when I click on the buttons for the load outs, nothing happens. I just thought, don't I have to renew TacPack every year? Let me check that when I get home.

I can load the instructor/pilot, chocks, etc. which I assume is due to not being part of TacPack. But when I click on the buttons for the load outs, nothing happens.
    I have double checked the retail build...and everything seems to work on my side.Aside the configurator should work with and without Tacpack.A couple of suggestions:- first make sue that the simulator is set to measure the weights in lbs and not in Kg. This may lead to incorrect behaviour while detecting the weights applied to the stations due to rounding errors.- second (I know it sounds stupid...but trust me, it happens) try to undock the configurator and move it around...and then operate it from the new position.- third, you may want to check the weight currently applied before and after the configuration change - to check that they actually changed.Also, you may want to try to temporarily disable Tacpack...and check that the configurator works without it (it should...although it does not assign the weights - it is cosmetic only).

I am really enjoying this add-on. It's looks and flies like it's a sports car!

I'm having a couple of (probably stupid RTM type) challenges:
    Trim:
    I feel I can't trim it if I'm pulling back on the stick. If I release the stick, I can trim it. If I move the stick after I've trimmed it, the trim seems to jump back to 'neutral'. This could be user error... is there an AFCS that I'm fighting? Is there some sort of point and fly AFCS mode?
    Does Trim-For-Takeoff work? The button doesn't seem to depress and I'm not sure where the indicator light is?
    Weapons:
    I've been using it with TacPack. Is there an indication somewhere, when you run out of ammo? The guns appear to continue to fire even if the magazine is exhausted.

Question for Dino: Exterior lights (Nav, Beacon, Landing) appear to illuminate the cockpit (through solid surfaces)... particularly distracting at night. Is this an acknowledged problem or deficiency (or is it just me)? Can it be fixed? FYI, I'm using P3D V4.4 still.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

For some reason my TacPack was disabled, even though it's good through September. I haven't any idea how that happened. It's all good now.

@OdourboyTrim

- The aircraft (like the real world one) has autotrim above 170kts and manual trim lower 170kts. Autotrim works so that you you do not to have to touch the trim - just keep the attitude you want to keep for a second or so and the aircraft will settle. If you deviate from that attitude, the trim will reset to zero and reset to the new attitude.

- Trim for take-off - It should work. Basically just resets the trim to zero.Weapons

- The gun (and rockets) at the moment do not have an ammo count. The gun effect will appear even if there is no "tacpack" ammo...there are reasons for that, but I'll try to fix this.

- As for the lights... yes, I know it is annoying, but the problem is due to P3D. The M-346 has fully PBR materials - both on the outside and the cockpit. However in P3D lights behave incorrectly and penetrate through solid surfaces. Reason why it does not show in other aircrafts is that they either do not use PBR for the cockpit, or the lights are too far from adding too much light (e.g. my F-35)…

Regards

Dino

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    I am really enjoying this add-on. It's looks and flies like it's a sports car!I'm having a couple of (probably stupid RTM type) challenges:Trim:I feel I can't trim it if I'm pulling back on the stick. If I release the stick, I can trim it. If I move the stick after I've trimmed it, the trim seems to jump back to 'neutral'. This could be user error... is there an AFCS that I'm fighting? Is there some sort of point and fly AFCS mode?Does Trim-For-Takeoff work? The button doesn't seem to depress and I'm not sure where the indicator light is?Weapons:I've been using it with TacPack. Is there an indication somewhere, when you run out of ammo? The guns appear to continue to fire even if the magazine is exhausted.Question for Dino: Exterior lights (Nav, Beacon, Landing) appear to illuminate the cockpit (through solid surfaces)... particularly distracting at night. Is this an acknowledged problem or deficiency (or is it just me)? Can it be fixed? FYI, I'm using P3D V4.4 still.

Some screenshots from P3Dv5

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 99130359_3467898763223560_8024292952509513728_o.jpg   101415667_3488486641164772_5134005619883245568_o.jpg   97071573_3441041762575927_5757480896684883968_o.jpg  

Thanks for the detailed reply Dino, good info!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

VRS Tackpack for p3dv4.5 hf3 BETA is released: https://forums.vrsimulations.com/for...hp?f=1&t=16244

• 1.5.1.2 (6/10/20 - public beta for all platforms)
      • [NEW] Add support for P3D v4.5 hotfix 3
      • [NEW] Add support for Steam beta (63003), which seems to be being used by MS for telemetry for upcoming MSFS2020
      • [NEW] Finish ACMI2 exporter, remove old ACMI, rename ACMI2->ACMI
      • [NEW] Added Inhibit [Debris Objects|Dead Aircraft Effects|Damaged Aircraft Effects] host-enforced options to TPM Flight Options pane. These will each reduce the number of SimOjects in MP sessions when disabled, possibly increasing performance.
      • [FIX] TPM carrier and tanker numeric input fields should now properly update AFTER leaving the fields (e.g. pressing tab), rather than updating in real time, which was causing all sorts of laggy and annoying issues trying to input values in the last TPM.

Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Zsolt, we know it , see this topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Indiafoxtecho-)!

Members who have read this thread: 0