Question about Assetto Corsa

Thread: Question about Assetto Corsa

Question about Assetto Corsa

I asked this at the A/C forums and have gotten no responces. Maybe someone here has an answer.
    I have been using A/C for about a year, a few days ago I started it and there is no longer any engine sounds. All the audio settings were set to 50% or higher, I set everything to 100%, same results.

I did a couple of laps and discovered that the wind noise, sounds of going over curbs are still working, seems only the engine sound has been lost.
    I ran the car on both Content Manager and A/C, no engine sounds.
    Is there any other audio setting within A/C to check if somehow the engine sound has been turned off?
    Is there a way to restore the default settings for Audio?
    It just isn't the same without the engine noise. There were no changes or anything added between the last time everything worked and when it didn't.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

I know if you are using older mods that are not compatible with the latest version you do lose the noise of the engine.

You could also try going into Steam to run the option to verify the install again, so it will sort any files that are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    I know if you are using older mods that are not compatible with the latest version you do lose the noise of the engine.

You could also try going into Steam to run the option to verify the install again, so it will sort any files that are missing.
    Noddy
    Can't thank you enough, it works.
    Ran the "Verify integrity of game files" and it came back with "2251 files failed to validate and will be reaquired"
    The engine sound is not only back, but the whole game works so much better. Over the months little things such as smoke showing in the mirrors quit working even though it was turned on.
    Running this is like a "Defragment" of the game. I think I'll run it every couple of months.
    It was such a simple thing to do, I'm surprised that nobody at the A/C forum had any idea what to do.
    Again, thank you

Glad you got it back up and running again.

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0