SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

2 hours to go.

Only two hours to go...

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

https://www.spacex.com/launches/

.... the SPACE X Site

Scrubbed for weather. Next window is Saturday.
    America never stopped being great.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Returning human spaceflight to the us - next run up event

published on: https://www.spacex.com/launches/

"The instantaneous launch window opens at 3:22 p.m. EDT, or 19:22 UTC, with a backup instantaneous launch opportunity available on Sunday, May 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, or 19:00 UTC. Tune in here to watch the launch webcast. Coverage will begin about 4 hours before liftoff."

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

SPACE X upcoming event....

Good luck for Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley in their capsule... only some hours to go....

Space flight coverage can be so interesting and exhilarating...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SpaceX .jpg   Space X 2.jpg  

I'm just so very glad that I've been able to see for myself, in real time, as they happen, the Apollo missions, some of the Gemini missions, the first, and sadly the last moon landings, and now all this Space-X stuff going on.
    I've been to Cape Canaveral, and been able to see a lot of the base not open to tourists, their alligators, and so on. Got a nice visit to one of the V2 pads now being used for the Aerostat program.
    I even got to see a Shuttle launch from a small restaurant right outside the main gate. Little place called Sailor's Choice. Great burgers. Topless restaurant. When the Shuttle finally went up, everyone ran outside to watch. It was hard to figure out what to watch, the launch or the waitresses. Really amazing how great a delay between the visual, and the audible, parts of the launch there was.

All that, and now, the Space-X stuff as well. Maybe, someday, although I am sure I won't live to see it, there will finally be space colonies, planetary colonies, lunar colonies on the various different planet's satellites, asteroid mining, etc. All the stuff we should have had by now, but didn't have the political will to accomplish.

Enjoy all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

T-1 hour .... go...

One hour to go....

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    All that, and now, the Space-X stuff as well. Maybe, someday, although I am sure I won't live to see it, there will finally be space colonies, planetary colonies, lunar colonies on the various different planet's satellites, asteroid mining, etc. All the stuff we should have had by now, but didn't have the political will to accomplish.
    Doesn't have much to do with political will. I'm working in space industry for over 35 years now. Manned space flight and finding ways to travel faster and further through space has always been on the agenda. When you wonder why it takes so long to put a human on Mars, read about all the mission to Mars so far. For instance check the amount of rovers which have crashed so far or the amount of time it takes to travel to Mars, combine this with a daily average dose of 185 microSievert, and you will soon realise that the human is the weak spot in all the plans. When it was just about the political will Roscosmos, CSNA, ESA, JAXA or whatever space agency would have gone there a long time ago.

The current interest to travel to the moon and beyond has much more an economic drive. As we are consuming the earth's resources in a frightening pace, it will soon become economically beneficial to start to digging for rare minerals on the moon. We know the earth and moon have the same origin, so all rare metals and minerals we use in consumer goods like cell phones and batteries, will most likely available at the moon as well.
    As we all want to claim our part, suddenly these mission become hot again.

Cheers,
    Huub

Something to play with...

https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

Ttfn

Pete

The docking was succesfull!!

Priller

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Nice game....

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post