Aeronca Development finished.

Thread: Aeronca Development finished.

Aeronca Development finished.

Good evening all. I hope all are in good spirits and good health!

The Aeronca has now finished its development run. I am running final tests with it and doing a 1000 mile run to assure it is as I feel I want it to be. It is built for Fsx Sp1, Fsx Acceration, Fsx Steam and finally P3D V 1-5.
    The Aeronca will be released in tandem with our distribution partners through the globe to assure all can get the Aeronca on the same day as it is announced. The Cr1 Web page will be reactivated with the Aeronca ready for purchase with in two weeks or so. We want to come live the same time as our partners to avoid any interruption with service or any confusion.

I would like to thank my beta squad, dhasdell, Priller, srgalahad.

With their help the Aeronca soured to new heights as it has never before flew. Their community spirit and eye for detail and knowledge was a great help to me as I worked away on resurrecting this great little add on from the dust of obscurity.

It was indeed a huge project to bring a very old model up to modern standards but I am proud of what we did with this add on.

I will make an announcement when it is ready for you all to come get the Aeronca.

Thanks for all your comments during the time of this rebuild!

Now I'm looking forward to pulling the Old Ford Tri-Motor up to the next level.

Thanks to all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aeronca vc.jpg   Aeronca 1.jpg  
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

That's great news. I think we're ready for it. WTG everyone involved!

Haven't seen to many champs with an attitude indicator. Usually no vacuum pump to run it nor a venturi.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Haven't seen to many champs with an attitude indicator. Usually no vacuum pump to run it nor a venturi.
    Interesting, there are two here in Calgary set up just like this, they are they ones I used for source. A lot of these were heavily modified, and most aren't even stock anymore. One of the ones I looked at had a brand new higher displacement engine in it. They are so far off from the originals now that I just represented what I could go and see 1st hand.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Thank you Thomas for your hard work you did. I purchased your earlier version on 2016 and have enjoyed in p3d v3, but now it's been on my hangar since i moved from v3 to v4 and then v5 of P3d, hope this works well in P3d v5 too
    I will keep supporting you proudly with this addon and the Tri-Motor too

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Thank you Thomas for your hard work you did. I purchased your earlier version on 2016 and have enjoyed in p3d v3, but now it's been on my hangar since i moved from v3 to v4 and then v5 of P3d, hope this works well in P3d v5 too
    I will keep supporting you proudly with this addon and the Tri-Motor too
    Hi Toni,

I've tested it in both v4.5 as in v5 and it works brilliantly in both sims.

Priller

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Looking forward to the Air Knocker Thomas.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Toni,

I've tested it in both v4.5 as in v5 and it works brilliantly in both sims.

Priller
    Thank you, i will test that

Thanks for the update. Looking very nice.
    Always enjoyed the previous version.

Will this new one include the various configurations (tail dragger, tricycle gear, float, etc.) as before?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Thanks for the update. Looking very nice.
    Always enjoyed the previous version.

Will this new one include the various configurations (tail dragger, tricycle gear, float, etc.) as before?

Yes it will. All models will be here.

So the development went as follows.

The original was built in G-max with a bit of tweaking in 3dsmax v 9.

This version was converted to Maya 2019 to fix the animations for PSD V4 through 5.

I also rebuilt the engine and opening hood in Maya as the animations are far more smoother in Maya. Then I put it in 3dsmax 2020 and fixed up the modeling and the welds a bit and pushed it through a poly wash to blow out all the redundant polies to help make the add on run at high frame rates and not lose any noticeable details. Then I put the whole source though MS Visual Studio to add in some new code so that that PBR textures will turn on or off when the add on is installed into either FSX or P3d. Then finally I had to go back to Gmax through a special emulator I had to hand write so that Gmax would NOT destroy all my Maya work and re map the plane using the original maps so that any older Aeronca paints that are our there would work. I recompiled in VS. I did some sound work , panel work, and redid the air files 100% from new. I'm 2% from real world fuel burn and around 5% In drag and lift. Its as close as I can get with the game engines of Fsx and 3PD which are very good engines. I use a virtual wind tunnel where you insert the model and run it at the speeds its supposed to run at, add in wind and drag stuff and all the other real world goodies and viola it makes a whole pile of numbers that I use to build the air files.

So as you all know I put in a whole lot of paints and interiors. XD

So how it works is that the way its mapped you can literally move any paint job you like to any other plane except the long tails which need a small bit of editing. The two sounds options can be moved all over to where ever you want on any model. Same with the gauge sets. The Gauges are set to one gauge set all through out with a newer modern set in the extras folder (AS REQUESTED MANY TIMES BY VIEWERS).
    In the extras folder is a revamped Fs9 or fsx only Beech 18 as a gift for supporting me.

So if you like the newer gauges then you can use those, if not just use the older 1960's style.

I like the older set as they are more time period correct in their function but I do like the new set as well. In my personal Aeronca I run the vintage set all the way through.
    In the extras folder you will see also a panel config for pop ups. There will not be pop ups in P3D versions as it presents problems that aren't worth fixing and besides the Aeronca doesn't go far enough to need a fancy Cessna radio, if you get lost in 116 miles square...then you are in the Bermuda triangle...lol or where you should not be in a Aeronca...lol~!

So when you open up the Aeronca you will see "Clean and Distressed" Textures. Those will make the Aeronca look old and worn on every livery there is. The clean will put it back to default.

Ok I hope this explains a bit.

My wife is 1/2 owner in the company and sets all the financials up so I think its going out at around 25 to 35 dollars. She is talking to steam and other distributers to come up with a good happy medium for all and to see what they want to do. I hope for the lower price but that's her domain.

It will be available at Aerosoft, Cr1, Steam fo rnow there are others asking fo rit and we are working with those as well.

Ok I am taking a couple days off and then attacking the Ford with a vengeance!

Stay safe you gals and gays!

See you in the virtual Blue!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Textures.jpg  
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Is this available for sale? Dave

Sieggie
    Is this available for sale? Dave
    What Seiggie says, my card is burning a hole in my pocket !!!!!!!!
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Members who have read this thread: 0