Douglas C-47 3.1406-MCV

Thread: Douglas C-47 3.1406-MCV

Douglas C-47 3.1406-MCV

I am using this magnificent MJ aircraft in FSX-SE in W10.

Now and again I've been getting uncommanded deployments of various kinds. One of these are automatic antiskid brakes. I cannot find anywhere in the cockpit where this is activated - but it is. I checked in my FSUIPC log.

Also, The Basler GNS panel units do not power up and they don't pop up either. I know where the ON switch is but nowt happens.

I've had to install an RXP popup in the meantime.

I'd be grateful for advice on both these, especially the antiskid problem. When I touchdown I feel like I've landed on glue.

Both GNS's come up fine for the MVC model on my FSX SP2 setup. I don't have SE, I am afraid, so that might be a cause, albeit an unlikely one.

There are no popups for the GNS's, check the panel.cfg. Perhaps post a cockpit screenshot with the Monitor (Shift-4) window open. This allows me to replicate your setup more accurately. Make sure to use a clean (re)install.

There is an 'antiskid' mouse area in Monitor > Flight > Gear, which you might check.

Edit: for the GNS's: Avionics ON? Using a right click on the C button to turn on?

Edit 2: Indeed, antiskid is turned on during primary aircraft initialisation. It's in panel folder C47, file Sim_C47.xml line 110. I am sure I put it there for some reason, but if it bothers you simply delete the line.
    Last edited by mjahn; April 30th, 2020 at 01:45.

Thank you very much for replying. This is the Shift 4 panel.

This is a new install of the aircraft.

Re. anti skid: when I deleted line 110 of the Sim_C47.xml file (I used a proper xml editor to list the lines) it sent the seat belt switch into a panic, switching off/on repeatedly with a warning bell! Also, I could not bring up the Shift 4 panel.
    Fortunately, I had backed up the file before making the change.

As you can see I found the on/off switch for the Garmins - so simple when you know how. I should have guessed better.
    On the Garmins, is it possible to replace these with the RXP versions? If so, is it best to let the RXP configurator do it, or better to do it manually. I have done this kind of thing before but it is a long time ago.
    Ideally, these should 'Pop up' as I run a triple mon set up and pop ups are much easier to read.

Thanks again!
    John

OK; note that that C 'button' allows variable intensity lighting of the gauge (use several R-clicks).

Re the antiskid issue you can still cure it if you quote the line in your C47_xml in which it comes up (supposing it is there at all - we did a different version later). I can then give you a simple code hack to remove it.

Sorry no idea on how to replace the Garmins by RXP, and we never made any popups for them. The challenge for us was to do them as proper 3d.

I did a test flight this afternoon and there was no problem with the landing this time.

Maybe the re-install fixed the anti-skid issue. If it returns I might take up your offer of a hack.

Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 1