GL Me 323 D-1 (ETO).zip

Thread: GL Me 323 D-1 (ETO).zip

GL Me 323 D-1 (ETO).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 German Aircraft

Description: Me 323 D-1 (Beta)

Model was originally built for the MAW expansion, but was never completed.

As it stands the model is a beta, but flies and works well, has a basic cockpit, but because the mapping is on two texture sheets, there is no damage model.

Package includes three standalone aircraft, including new bump maps, and speculative textures, textures are optimised for the Ankor shader mod, but basic texture will still work without the shader mod.

PLEASE READ THE README INCLUDED!

Big thanks to Greg Law for his original model, and Andy Magee for getting the model to work in the sim properly.

All texture work was done by myself John Whelan.

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit GL Me 323 D-1 (ETO).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Wanted to give you a big "Thanks!" for this one. It was on my personal wishlist, but never thought anyone would actually build it because it's a relatively obscure bird. (Transports seem to garner less attention than the fighters and bombers.) Just downloaded it and flew a couple of test missions to get a feel for it's flight and landing characteristics.

One question: I noticed that when I select it in the game, the aircraft info text that comes up refers to the FW-200 instead of the Me-323, even though the model itself is definitely the Me-323. Wondering if the flight model was based on that of the FW-200 and modified? Just curious.

1940 WarGamer

(ps. I just recently joined the forum again. Was a member several years ago but haven't been active in quite a while. Forgot my old username and password, so found it easiest just to start a new one. Thanks again to everyone keeping this awesome site up and running!)

Members who have read this thread: 0