Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5 - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Navy Chief thanks - I was only pondering how I seem to missing a lot of military stuff for some reason. Would be nice if we could get the weapons options working in P3DV5 seeing it is all set up for it supposedly. Sling loads and choppers is not my thing!

Folland Gnat

Foland Gnat - this project was done for FSX and has at least reached completion. No issues in P3DV5.1. It's in the library now!

AH/JF DHC-3 Otter

Tired of waiting for Milviz to get around to updating the Otter and Beaver for P3DV5, dragged out the AH/JF Otter. Works quite well, adjustments to the speeds in the aircraft config and air file to prevent the overspeed shaking at 120 kts plus seems to have done it otherwise it works just fine. Not many paints for this one though.

BN2A Islander Flight 1

Seeing all the excitement at the MSFS2020 thread about the Blackbox BN2 reminded me to reinstall this one - The Flight1 BN2 - this is actually a better version than the Blackbox (which by the way also caused a CTD in P3DV5 for me with their demo model for P3D). This was a very well done model right down to the correct postive and heavy control feel and loud engine sound. All that was needed was some work to fix up the xml 64 bit gauge sound and off it went. Only the A model no one has been done the B model for some reason. Quite a few other enhancements about as well to panel colours, visor colours etc.

After thought - this was a FSXA model but looks and works well in P3D and only needed the sound gauge to be changed to the Dawson 64 bit and some slight changes to the panel config and it was good. I also swapped in an alternative KLN90 GPS. There is also an engine damage module about for this that recreates the wear-tear and other system quirks as well. May not be PBR textures but they looked fine to me as well!
    Last edited by BendyFlyer; May 31st, 2021 at 02:49.

RFN have been updating and adding a lot of aeroplanes for P3D. Made me feel like a kid in a lolly shop.

At last a great version of the French ASW the Alize. Of course being French nothing in les Anglais! but google is your friend here for translations. First class animations have not even begun to explore the electronics and ASW side of this one.

Also the STampe, the Latecoere 25, the Fouga and the Nord 1101 all to be found at RFN. Some amazing French carriers there now as well. Again all obstinately French but first class!.

Nord 1101 Ramier also from RFN. Not sure what to make of this one - peculiar little beast!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Of course being French nothing in les Anglais! but google is your friend here for translations
    Not true ! Every package contains an "_EN.pdf" documentation...

Take a look in the Docs folder

Gérard

GAAB - my apologies yes of course they do. Us non europeans just find metric instruments and foreign language placards in the cockpit difficult not that we could not learn if we wanted to!

One that might have been overlooked: the AH/Just Flight B17F and B17G.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Playing around with a few other things put this old MS Baron BE58 into P3D few mods here and there. Not half bad actually has travelled across several sim versions very well actually. Cheap too! Few mods to the G1000 EFIS version worked nicely. Maybe every little switch does not work but I do not miss airconditoning.

Milviz beaver and otter

Ok while it seems that MILVIZ have not updated the Beaver or Otter for P3DV5 they have brought them up to 64 bit standard for P3DV4. So using the trick of the registry entry workaround to fool this type of installer to putting them into P3DV5. You can install them into V5. (Google this if you do not know about it it is a bit convoluted to explain here)

Now they never bothered to update the model packages so you will then encounter the issue of the dll.xml which is need for most of it to work is missing-corrupted-not found etc or fails to install. It appears MILVIZ did update this xml tools installer for V5. That is ok because all the other stuff needed for the models installs correctly.

Now MILVIZ buried the information on of their support pages that they had an updated installer so here is the link:
    MILVIZ flight simulations - Support
    Download it and save it somewhere and run it as admin. It will now install the xml tools that the model depends upon into V5.

Once you have installed fresh copies of either Beaver or Otter - run this little xml tools installer and it will fix it up for P3DV5.

So now both the Beaver and the Otter work in P3DV5.2 (well they do for me now!).

And I am now done putting back stuff into P3DV5 - time to go and have some fun for awhile!

Ok while it seems that MILVIZ have not updated the Beaver or Otter for P3DV5 they have brought them up to 64 bit standard for P3DV4. So using the trick of the registry entry workaround to fool this type of installer to putting them into P3DV5. You can install them into V5. (Google this if you do not know about it it is a bit convoluted to explain here)

Now they never bothered to update the model packages so you will then encounter the issue of the dll.xml which is need for most of it to work is missing-corrupted-not found etc or fails to install. It appears MILVIZ did update this xml tools installer for V5. That is ok because all the other stuff needed for the models installs correctly.

Now MILVIZ buried the information on of their support pages that they had an updated installer so here is the link:
    MILVIZ flight simulations - Support
    Download it and save it somewhere and run it as admin. It will now install the xml tools that the model depends upon into V5.

Once you have installed fresh copies of either Beaver or Otter - run this little xml tools installer and it will fix it up for P3DV5.

So now both the Beaver and the Otter work in P3DV5.2 (well they do for me now!).
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but the link you posted (although it does go to the MV Support forum) does not go to a download link. But I wonder if I redownload the installer from my MV account, if it is updated? NC

Navy Chief no they have not updated the download packages. If you go to that link and page and then click on the Problem: Gauges Do not work/unable to start (XML Tools) you will see down the page the link to the new xml installer - XML.Toolsinstaller.zip. That will download the installer, just save it an run as admin and select your P3D version.

Charter Member 2015
    Tired of waiting for Milviz to get around to updating the Otter and Beaver for P3DV5, dragged out the AH/JF Otter. Works quite well, adjustments to the speeds in the aircraft config and air file to prevent the overspeed shaking at 120 kts plus seems to have done it otherwise it works just fine. Not many paints for this one though.

Hello,
    Where can I find this aircraft?
    Thanks in advance
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Emile - that was the JF/AH DHC-3 Otter. The RAAF paint was at either FlightSim or Avsim look for ' JF_Aussie_Otters' there are two RAAF repaints. None for the Milviz Otter alas. If your going to use the JF Otter it still has some issues with its config/air file with overspeeding at about 100 knots. PM me and I will send you an amended config and air file if you want it. Flies ok in V5.2. I prefer the Milviz for overall detail and accuracy that said the JF is still not a bad model at all.

RFN have been updating and adding a lot of aeroplanes for P3D. Made me feel like a kid in a lolly shop.
    You have also a very nice and pleasant to fly MORANE-SAULNIER MS760 PARIS (on Restauravia) with an English Manual !

The Morane-Saulnier MS.760 Paris is a French four-seat jet trainer and liaison aircraft designed and manufactured by Morane-Saulnier.
    First flight 29 July 1954
    Introduction 9 February 1959
    Retired 1997 (France), 2007 (Argentina)

Beautifull cockpit - P3D V4 and v5

Just take care of the unusual Nav gauges - very disturbing at the beginning (French...) !

Gérard

GAAB - That is a nice looking aeroplane - excellent VC. Off to find that one. Is that an addon for LFPB ?

Very impressive this little Morane-Saulnier MS.760. The attention to detail is superb. Another amazing aeroplane from Restauravia. Not that fast and must have mighty uncomfortable on those bench type seats in the back! Nice little touches all over - like the folding roof blinds. Any civilian paints about I wonder?

Any civilian paints about I wonder?
    Only two repeints by jankees (here on SOH and on AVSIM).

PH-MSV (the one on my picture) is the only civliian.

On the picture it was France VFR IDF. But I use now one freeware scenery of LFPB (paris_le_bourget_lfpb_freeware.zip on Avsim)

Gérard

GAAB - Thanks for that!. Yes got the repaints. Might have a go at one myself there is some quite nice civilian repaints about on the web!

Rick Pipers HS748 now converted to P3Dv4-5

Discovered this rebuild of the HS748 originally by Rick Piper at Rickoo (of all places). I was actually looking for something completely unrelated. The rebuild makes the Piper HS748 P3D operative and 64 bit compliant. The VC is fully functional and has been tidied up texture wise and it is clear a lot of work went into a lot of little things like the panel gauges and tool tips etc. Rickoo offer two installation package options manual or an auto installer. Pipers HS748 was always far superior to the JF version (which carried over a bunch of bugs into P3D including the dreaded green left side glow). There are also a couple of standalone packages of the same conversion, one which is the Belgian Air Force Cargo version only and another the RAF's with some panel changes. Still has the old 2004-FSX bug of having to do F1 and then back to F9 for the VC to get the gauges and switches initially to work but hey, they all work beautifully in P3D. 10/10 for this conversion and update! It was really nice to have a functional Smiths autopilot again and working fuel trim switches (Which the RR Dart required) - all the electrics and other systems are also fully functional via the VC or the older popups are still able to be called up as well. As far as I could tell all the animations are functional as well.

Here it is with the Fiji Airways paint from the SOH library installed. Flies very well indeed.

Members +

DHC-4 Caribou in P3dv5.2

Hello guys,
    Is there any Caribou compatible to P3dv5.2?
    Would the Virtavia work?
    Thanks

aguiar - not that I am aware of. Had it in FSX but it would not install into P3DV5.

Members who have read this thread: 29