Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5 - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Boeing 727 Mods

FWIW There are a whole lot of mods to gauges, air files, sounds etc available to upgrade the 727-200 and 100. The Honeywell FMC is now integrated into the VC and works and the talented Bjoern who did a lot of mods also has come up with a simple weather gauge that works with FSWX which works with P3DV5.1.12 also (and can be incorporated into any other aircraft you choose to a very elegant simple solution to a workable weather radar based on the pressures and temps the sim is using - clever). Neat. Improved panel graphics also go with this and a few other things.

Now to try and tackle the repainting issue in P3DV5 to see if some paints can be done to go with this!

Pmdg dc-6

Has anyone tried installing the PMDG DC-6 in P3Dv5.1 yet?
    Really miss this the -6.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Thunderstreak - No, PMDG have said upgrade is on the way thats all. I am really wary now of slap-dash installs of a lot of stuff that appear to be ok (Scenery did for me) but are incompatible with the inherent program design and functioning of P3DV5. FWIW older simpler stuff goes ok but the more complex stuff like the PMDG DC-6 develop all sorts of conflicts particularly with Win10 as well. I had to do a complete reinstall of P3D yesterday as a result of scenery corrupting the SIM Director functionality. I will be very circumspect now about approaching addons of any sort the way they used to function in FSX - it is a different sim now!

I am also wary of screwing up my sim install.
    I will have to wait for the official updates on a few of my aircraft from 4.5.
    Though patience isn’t one of my strong suits!
    Some developers are slow to update their products while others are definitely on the ball!

I will definitely keep that in mind with future purchases!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Thunderstreak - tried a port over and xml addon approach to the PMDG DC-6 - model shows sound works but the gauges and controls are all non functional. A real mess actually. This one will be a waiting game. There is always the Cal Classic DC-6 which I believe the have converted into an FSX Native and appears to work but I have not tried. I will keep busy with other stuff in the meantime - like getting to understand and enjoy P3DV5.

No rush really!
    I am still getting acquainted with v5.
    The updates/hot fixes seem to be coming regularly from LM, which takes up some time.
    I have most of the my scenery from 4.5 updated and installed, still a few to go.
    I have most of the aircraft installed that I want to carry forward.
    Haven’t had a chance to fly most of them yet!
    Unfortunately my time is limited, though I’m happy to still be working with all that is going on in the world!

KBT Orion

Not sure if this has been noted but there is an updated package for the P3C on FlyAwaySimulation updated for FSX DX10 and P3D (to a point). Some good work done with the VC and switches, the odd quirky KBT glitch but no show stoppers - Great to have this one back.

And pushing my luck the KBT L188 as a straight bolt in via xml appears to work as well in P3DV5.

Dino Catteano's great little AerMacchi 326 works just fine in P3DV5 (FSX Version).

CoolSky have upgraded the DC-9-30 for P3D. They slipped it out quietly as a package deal including the MD-80 and the Super MD-80. You have to take the lot not just one or the other. It is for V4.5 but worked fine as far as installation is concerned into V5. The only quirk is you have to cycle the views to get all the various subsystems functional due to the extensive 'Study Level' Interface. Manuals can be downloaded free. The bonus for this was as I already had the FSX Version of the DC-9 you get a credit of about 50% on the package so the whole thing cost me $25.00. I was happy to get back the DC-9 for which I had done a number of repaints and the MD-80 and Super 80 was a bonus from my perspective.

Via Flight1 which of course means - nothing intuitive and be prepared to go around in circles on some things. Big drawback for a lot of folk will be the repaints as Flight1 used a package installer (They are not the only ones who have used that frankly quite daft system), that you can get it still but it will not install paint packages into P3D but if you copy it into an FSX installation then use the installer there you can copy back the texture folders once unpacked into the model directories in P3DV5. I could not find a non package repaint anywhere so you will need to do that alas!

The AH/JF DC-6 works satisfactorily in P3DV5. A straight port over from FSX. Few minor issues with switches here and there but no showstoppers. Good to have this Douglas back and running too.

FWIW There are a whole lot of mods to gauges, air files, sounds etc available to upgrade the 727-200 and 100.
    Sorry if I missed it, but where can one find these mods for the 727?
    Thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but where can one find these mods for the 727?
    Thanks!
    Um they are all over but there are:

tom72fix.zip by Ruth himself, then
    722FDEGAUGES.zip
    B722-2.zip
    tom7271.zip (this does the 100 and 200)
    All the above at Avsim or SimAviation from memory

Probably the best are these two :

727-100-200-adv-mega-pack-fsx-p3d.zip at Fly Away Simulation and finally Bjoern (he has shifted to X Plane these days but he has a website with his mods for the 727 as well at
    FSX Addons by BK - TR Boeing 727 (google.com)

I suggested that the JF/AH DC-6 works in P3DV5. Well it does but not really- I also forgot due to using other DC6 models over the past few years that there were a whole bunch of bugs that were never fixed and remain, namely the prop control lever only controls engine 1 not all 4 as it should, the superchargers do not work so you cannot get above F120, the nav instrumentation on the main panel is all mixed up and the autopilot requires a pop up and it is very difficult to set the OBS on the VOR or to work out which instrument does what and there were issues with the flight dynamics in pitch and overall pitch stability. Always a shame that they spent so much effort on the way it looked (and variants etc) but never fixed all these issues and let PMDG eat their lunch later on with their DC-6. So it works but the Cal Classic DC-6 now redone for FSX and P3D works fine. I would class it as a day VFR low level flier only!

I do note on all these older models in P3D their is a problem with lights and light switch selection which is not confined to one bird which must relate to the way P3D does this stuff.

The Cal Classic DC-6 (and the 6B-16, 6B-17 )work and works very well in P3DV5, all systems, doors etc. All sub menus such as loads, checklists, configuration etc all function in P3D. Assembly and sorting out a few things does take a little time due to changes in the models, so matching up repaints is not that automatic but a bit of trial and error gets it going. PMDG can do whatever they like, the Cal Classic has all that and more maybe the cockpit VC seems a little dated but in P3D it gets the tick from me. Well done by Tom and the folk and Cal Classic who reworked all these fine aircraft they did a great job. Now I have the DC-6 back I am done with finding stuff that works for the sim. Time to actually have some fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    The Cal Classic DC-6 (and the 6B-16, 6B-17 )work and works very well in P3DV5, all systems, doors etc. All sub menus such as loads, checklists, configuration etc all function in P3D. Assembly and sorting out a few things does take a little time due to changes in the models, so matching up repaints is not that automatic but a bit of trial and error gets it going. PMDG can do whatever they like, the Cal Classic has all that and more maybe the cockpit VC seems a little dated but in P3D it gets the tick from me. Well done by Tom and the folk and Cal Classic who reworked all these fine aircraft they did a great job. Now I have the DC-6 back I am done with finding stuff that works for the sim. Time to actually have some fun again.

I am trying to figure out what files to download and install in order to use this aircraft in P3DV5.1, but my first attempts did not work. I am too tired to try again tomorrow. Maybe give me some advice, if you can? Thanks, NC

Grey Eagle - rather than clog up this thread I have posted a new one about the Cal Classic DC-6 with some screenshots.

The P3DV4 VC10 goes into V5 ok. Seems to be functional but throws up a lot of small errors in the V5 text file on completion. It flew all right then again been so long since I used it not sure if it is me or the model.

PMDG DC-6 into P3DV5

It seems the PMDG DC-6 does work in V5. After a lot of fiddling with registry keys etc managed to trick it into installing the V4 I bought of them into V5. (Absolutely no support from PMDG at all despite their saying it was V4+) Appears to all work so far including their automated livery installer, ops centre app etc. ( Head to head now with the Cal Classic DC-6 which is fine also but I just hated the thought of blowing $100 for nothing).

PMDG DC-6 into P3DV5

Ok seems to fly ok - systems operational and handling good. No glitches encountered.

Good news, I’ll have to give it a try!

CoolSky DC-9 Classic (Plus MD80 and MD80 Super Package)

The Coolsky DC-9 30 Classic was upgraded to work in V5 and that it does. No issues with any functions (Menus, training menus etc - comprehensive) all functional and flies very nicely. Flight 1 offer this as a package bundle with the MD80 and Super 80 as well - good value if your a Douglas fan. Rediscovering the Douglas Diesel has been worthwhile and time to take a break from the pistons for awhile!.

The TAA paint is not included it is my own hamfisted effort.

For those interested in steam gauge aeroplanes then this was the zenith I guess. No computer screens here.

No problems or issues in P3DV5 at all. Hard to believe this model package was first done in 2012.

I'm off to get that!
    Skysim DC9 works in P3D4 but is a bit flaky.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yes I had my doubts given the complexity of the original in FSX - very indepth systems and training modules with a lot of interactive emergency simulation etc basically a type endorsement in the box. Then the real thing was no fire and fly either but once you find your way around you can see why they were well liked by the crews who flew them. It was fascinating to see that none of the interactive stuff (if you want it) caused any issues in V5. The bundling in of the MD80 and Super 80 is a real bonus - 3 for the price of one - and they are equally as good. Not sure what happened with CoolSky (and McPhat Studios) but it appears there are some background issues business wise which brought them to a halt and Flight 1 say because of this no changes are allowed or something like that - not that it needs them. Oh and here is a link to repaints for those interested. Not sure about the others it seemed to me there were heaps of liveries at Avsim and the Super did not seem to need any there were about two dozen included. The 9 certainly has a devoted following!

Flight1 File Library System » Coolsky DC-9

My only observation is that I have managed to get basically all of the Douglas Aircraft working or they have been properly rebuild for 64 bit and ported for use into V5 (DC-3, DC-4, DC-6, DC-9, DC-10) but not an older decent Boeing (except the Ruth 727) to be had.

Here's a link to a USN C-9 repaint NC

http://www.mediafire.com/download/84m8rb597pt5ezu/F1_CoolSky_DC9_USN_607_02.zip

Members who have read this thread: 29