Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 10
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

The tail light switch is a three way. Make sure it is in the OFF mid position.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The tail light switch is a three way. Make sure it is in the OFF mid position.
    hmm,in my original install it stay at the lower position when batterie is off,it let me not switch in the to mid off then........

so batterie on switch work,cold and dark light stays on?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post

Thank You.........looking forward for this one

Today, I recived mail for PCAviator about update in his store v1.0 to v1.1 ... finally.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

My download had C-47 as V1.1 while DC-3 still 1.0. This correct?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post

Both should be 1.1. But it's worth downloading, then checking the filename of the DC-3 installer. They've been known to update the installer but not the description on the site.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

1/

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post

Downloaded zip file again, I can confirm its 1.1 in PCAviator (Bundle) .

2/

I have reply from HD of AH about main weels brackets geometry issue. They will solve it in next update.
    My fingers are crossed for this.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Restart after feathering

Hi,
    The manual start via GPU etc now works fine. Then whilst flying I stopped one engine (Fuel selector off, Magneto off, throttle closed. Then pulled the featherknob, prop in standstill and feathered. Then I wanted to restart: Feathering off, fuel on again, magneto's on both, throttle cranked (~15%), , primer, energizer, mesh etc. but no response. Tried several times with different settings s etc, but still no result.
    Is it actually possible to do such a restart? And if so, how?
    regards,
    Piet de Geus,
    Netherlands

Any ideas why I see this in V5? Don't think it was this way in 4.6. This is version 1.1 but I also tried the textures from 1.0 and get the same.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-5-8_7-43-56-583.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    Any ideas why I see this in V5? Don't think it was this way in 4.6. This is version 1.1 but I also tried the textures from 1.0 and get the same.
    I didn't install yet for v5 but for P3Dv5 model (MDL) must be save with a little different way and metallic textures must be updated (more brighter).
    See this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...BR-skins-in-v5 .
    A2A solved now this issue for his Piper Cub released a few days ago for v5.

It seems that this is not corrected in 1.1, but SP2 for AH DC-3 incoming also.
    Maybe then it will be solved in the next update?

You can raport it here also: help AT aeroplaneheaven.com .
    Last edited by YoYo; May 8th, 2020 at 08:49.

Thanks YoYo.

Let’s hope AH tests it in V5 instead of just adding the V5 option to the installer as they did for V5.

I try not to do negative posts but . . . .

A complete V5 Upgrade is underway. Apart from some geometry changes (yes YoYo) we will be releasing a complete Upgrade which, if testing goes correctly should be backward compatible for 4.5. One of the issues with V5, for developers anyway, is the way they have changed material specifications for PBR. It basically requires a rethink and re-output for all textures as reflectivity is now handled by other channels, differently to what went before. We will not be charging for the V5 Upgrade but can quite see why some others might. The extra workload was something that not many, like its release, saw coming.

Thx Bazz for this great news! I dont know why LM changes this idea how PBR textures will look in P3Dv5. Its strange decision and costs a lot of work again on textures. :/

For me was ok in v4. Maybe not like in DCS but quite nice also.

Thanks Baz!

V5 has been a lot of frustration all around I think, but it is so good when it's all working. Hope the VRAM issue can be improved too as no other plane puts as much stress on my system as the DC-3.

cheers,
    steve

Since I'd been airing out my startup frustrations earlier in this thread, I wanted to come back to report that, thanks to a lot of help from Baz and a lot of work on his part, they're now fixed. My DC-3s are now starting as reliably as my C-47s (very reliably). I hope Baz won't object to my reporting that the fix that worked on my system is due for inclusion in the next update.

I'm now looking forward to flying the airplane, instead of running through the startup routine. Though I now know the startup routine really well, so that's something.

Hope this is good news for anyone else who's had startup issues.

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan-

Good to hear... I noticed some odd Energize/Mesh interactions during in flight re-starts and hope that’s sorted now. Looking forward to what AH has in store for the old girl. Hopefully some of our painters will get their brushes out for her. There are many civilian liveries from the 40s and 50s I’d love to see.

Best- C

add-ons

Hi,
    Personally I prefer to see more military repaints, there are many C-47's with good history or on exhibition in musea. Take a look at the long list of repaints for Manfred Jahn's C-47. It would especially be nice if AH can supply us with a model with paratroopers, but without the radar dome underneath.
    Piet de Geus

Quote Originally Posted by degeus View Post
    Personally I prefer to see more military repaints
    I'm more of a civilian flyer - or maybe that's pent-up demand now that we've got a set of DC-3 models to fly. But to bridge the two worlds, what I'd love to see, if painters are up to it and if the paintkit is workable (that's two "ifs"), is a couple of Air Transport Command repaints. We've been generously supplied with Troop Transport Command repaints, and we're likely to be once again with this version. But the "Association of Terrified Co-Pilots" needs equal time. After all, we're talking Ernie Gann here...

A couple of nominees - this one:

And maybe also this one:

Could be a big ask, depending on the workload. But I can dream!

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take them on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3_12.jpg   3_10_a1.jpg  

-- Saint-Exupery

The paintkit not ready yet (not present in download section on AH webpage) but perhaps after the SP2 it will be released so ... who knows ?

I keep hoping that Yo-Yo, Jankees, Gordon and some of our other Stars will move some of their amazing work over to the AH Dak. That is of paramount importance for it's success and I hope AH is courting those talents. I am looking forward to taking her to the PNW, but am holding on for debut of the aforementioned Service Pack.

Hey, whilst discussing this, is this windshield post position correct? I seat myself directly behind the yoke/wheel, and this puts the window opening divider squarely in the middle of my view. The MJ C-47 is quite different in this regard. I cannot speak from experience (the DC-3 I was familiar with had the modern single piece windshield)... can someone add to this discussion?

In this same vein, tail rise (perhaps because of my viewpoint) feels like wheel-barrowing. Almost an unnatural angle. Again, I solicit input from those with time in type.

When looking at knob behavior, could the fuel tank selectors vs. mouse clicks be examined, and could the mouse wheel/mouse clicks for propellers be reduced to a change of 1% vs. 5%?

Best- C
    Last edited by cavaricooper; May 9th, 2020 at 15:42.

The forthcoming upgrade will have certain geometry adjustments which will include the quarter window and its post. We do indeed appear to have it too far over to the centre of the aircraft. On studying the plans and drawings used, we find them in error, which is disappointing as they are supposed to be the best available. This has now been addressed, along with the infamous landing gear knuckle arrangement.

On Paintkits, V5 has thrown a significant spanner in the works with their unheralded change to reflection channels etc. This means a total redo of all default liveries and the files for a full paintkit. Moreover, it requires a total re do of some 38 liveries scheduled for the livery packs. From what we have tested so far however, the "new"materials are backward compatible with 4.5 so there will (don't quote me yet though) be no necessity to run different textures per sim.

If people just want a set of wireframes and a paint guide, then we can get that out but I have assumed that more complex files would be preferred. All of the weathering, rivets and so on are created in the 3D paint programme we use and therefore embedded in the final liveries. However, we are looking at producing plain sets for aluminium, polished aluminium, grey paint and white paint overall. Then a painter just needs to do the overpaint livery items on the chosen finish and mask the metallic map to achieve an embedded look. I take it that would appeal more?

As a quick and dirty fix for your wheelbarrowing, navigate to the [flight tuning] section of the aircraft cfg and the first line is cruise lift scalar. Try the value at,say, 1.18 and see how you go. We'll take a look at the profiles in more detail for the Upgrade.

btw. 2 nice wallpaper found in the net (in hi res). The first is on my desktop from the time when AH released his C-47 .

air transport command

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I'm more of a civilian flyer - or maybe that's pent-up demand now that we've got a set of DC-3 models to fly. But to bridge the two worlds, what I'd love to see, if painters are up to it and if the paintkit is workable (that's two "ifs"), is a couple of Air Transport Command repaints. We've been generously supplied with Troop Transport Command repaints, and we're likely to be once again with this version. But the "Association of Terrified Co-Pilots" needs equal time. After all, we're talking Ernie Gann here...

A couple of nominees - this one:

And maybe also this one:

Could be a big ask, depending on the workload. But I can dream!

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take them on.
    Yes, If wee couyld have these ones.....................................
    Piet

Members who have read this thread: 7