JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Good news, for those FSX simmers interrested:

My plan is to release a V1.2, as an addon to JP's V1.1 package, in a few weeks; working on it now with another model designer (@GC, react if you like ...LoL) , to get everything right ...

Added features, as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread:

1. The influence of configured weapons/tanks loadout on the flight-dynamics.
    Both in Weight and induced Drag.

2. Proper working of ALL animations in MultiPlayer sessions.

3. An IFLOLS gauge (in a seperate 2D-window) , that helps you in doing precision approaches/traps on (moving) aircraft carriers.

Cheers, Rob
    Plus:

4. A realistic 'braking' effect when you deploy the drag chute after touchdown ..

5. A new Loadout configurator (same functionality and usage, but new setup/coding), so you can resume with a saved flight with the exact same loadout as when you saved the flight.

Cheers, Rob

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Plus:

4. A realistic 'braking' effect when you deploy the drag chute after touchdown ..

5. A new Loadout configurator (same functionality and usage, but new setup/coding), so you can resume with a saved flight with the exact same loadout as when you saved the flight.

Cheers, Rob
    Sure Rob - make it all exciting and sexy

just increases the pressure on me

Rob has received the Pack12 models for final review and I will start on the next batch soon. The snow has finally thawed in my neck of the woods so flightsimming takes a back seat but I will try to do them as quickly as I can

Gavin

Looking forward to these new features in the flight model !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Beautiful in P3Dv5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-4-21_6-20-5-303.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	325.3 KB 
ID:	82447

Latest news:

V1.2 is in final Beta now.

Thanks to Corrado, it will be fully Tacpack-enabled.
    Even better (for non-Tacpack users): it has a functional weapons firing / fuelpod drop system, with working ammo counters (including guns ammo).

Cheers, Rob

Hey Rob is there a way to use your non Tacpac weapons system even if you have Tacpac installed?
    and thanks to you and all involved for making this.

I'm looking forward to the RF models.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hey Rob is there a way to use your non Tacpac weapons system even if you have Tacpac installed?
    and thanks to you and all involved for making this.
    Euhhh ... first, Corrado made this addition; not me.
    But to answer your question: No, not if you have Tacpack active (the gauges check for this).

But, as far as I know, you can temporarily de-activate Tacpack while it remains installed; so you CAN use the non-TP firing system.

Which leads to my obvious question ...LoL ... : Why would you want to do this ??

CHeers, Rob

For those of you still interrested:

Longer then anticipated (Corrado, Gavin and me couldn't stop adding features and tweaking them ....LoL), the final Beta of V1.2 is now in Test.
    To be released in a few days.

Short summary of added functionality in V1.2:
    1. The influence of configured weapons/tanks loadout (and dragchute) on the flight-dynamics.
    Both in Weight and Drag.
    2. Proper working of *ALL* model animations (including loadout) in MultiPlayer sessions.
    3. An IFLOLS gauge, that helps you in doing approaches/traps on aircraft carriers.
    4. Configured Loadout save/restore when you save/reload a flight.
    5. Full TacPack integration.
    6. For non-Tacpack users: a Weapons targeting/firing system, including ShootCue and Kill/Miss calculations.
    7. Updated VCockpit (weapons system, HUD) and additional 2D-Windows.

See screenshots ....

Cheers, Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machinegun firing.jpg   IFLOLS.jpg   Missile firing no Tacpack.jpg   MultiPlayer Loadout Animations.jpg   vc_f4.jpg   WeaponsSelectAndRadar.jpg  

hud.jpg  

Looks absolutely grand..... can't wait to see this one and put it on the ramp.. Then off to the carriers.... Rob and company... thank you for all of your efforts.. Anxiously holding our breath..... Blue skies....tp

Download available now ......

Cheers, Rob

Thanks Guys but I must be doing something wrong as I've installed the update but no longer get drag chute or spoilers on the RAF models

[QUOTE=CavOk;1266467]Thanks Guys but I must be doing something wrong as I've installed the update but no longer get drag chute or spoilers on the RAF models[/QUOTE

Have you tried the test as described in the ReadmeV1-2.txt ? (section 8: TROUBLE SHOOTING)
    If so:
    - Does that work as decribed ?
    - What happens to value of SpoilerHandlePCT when you give a Togglespoiler command (default key "/" ) ??

Does it work for a Pack12 model ??

Rob

Thanks for the quick response
    [QUOTE=rcbarend;1266471]
    Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Thanks Guys but I must be doing something wrong as I've installed the update but no longer get drag chute or spoilers on the RAF models[/QUOTE

Have you tried the test as described in the ReadmeV1-2.txt ? (section 8: TROUBLE SHOOTING)
    If so:
    - Does that work as decribed ? Yes
    - What happens to value of SpoilerHandlePCT when you give a Togglespoiler command (default key "/" ) ?? 100.00
    Does it work for a Pack12 model ?? Test ok for Pack 12 but no animation of drag chute or spoilers.

Rob

It sounds like you haven't overwritten old mdl files with the new ones.

Please check this (using the first Pack12 variation to test it; so uncheck the box "all variations" when your select an F4 via the aircraft menu).
    And focus on the SPoiler animation as seen in Spotplane view (Chute maybe another problem).

- Make sure the aircraft.cfg in your ..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\ folder starts with the line ""// 1-5-2021, Changes by Rob, for Pack12, V1.2 beta4"
    So you use the new aircraft.cfg

- Make sure you have copied the file F4B.mdl from my zip file Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\ folder to your \SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\
    If unsure, do it again (the file should be overwritten).

Does the Spoiler animation in Spotplane view work now ???

Rob

Shiny and Metallic textures

Shiny:

Metallic:

Lots of hand waxing and buffing on that shiny Phantom, Butch!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Lots of hand waxing and buffing on that shiny Phantom, Butch!
    I use to see em like that (Shiny) when we got them back from overhaul at NARF North Island. I'd have to help the AK's with the acceptance inventory/inspection. They sure did a nice
    paint job on them back in in the day.

Which version uses the metallic and shiny textures? With all the patches and updates, I've lost track were those two textures originally came from.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    So where is Jens Pedersen's V1.1 F4 package, named 'Virtavia_Phantom_Reloaded_V11.zip located that is required for the rcbF4v1-2.zip? That file is not in the library here.
    It is ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&linkid=26770

And Yes, it IS confusing; sorry...
    Quite a few designers have been involved in this rework of the original Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (now: freeware) addon.
    Me being one of them, as uploader/creator of the V1.2 update to Jens' V1.1 package ..

To understand the history, you have to work your way through this thread, starting with the original post.
    Unfortunately, the used terminology on versions mentioned in this thread isn't consistant. Sorry, I can't help that.

Regards, Rob

PS: The reason why such a 'community' project tends to get out of control and gets confusing, is that designers and users have their own interrest in flightsimming; and use different sim versions (FSX/P3D)
    Like I'm not interrested in shiny/metallic textures , PBR models for P3Dv4.3+ , numerous liveries, etc etc .
    My focus for rcbF4v1-2.zip was on enhancing loadout-dependant flightmodels (accurate weight/drag), animations in Multiplayer, weapons system and hud/radar (including Tacpack integration) , etc ... As described in my Readme's.
    Using Jens' V1.1 download as a starting point.
    There simply is no way in pleasing everyone by creating one package that includes every single interrest and detail possible, for any used sim version.
    Hope everyone understands that.
    Last edited by rcbarend; July 16th, 2021 at 17:41.

I use to see em like that (Shiny) when we got them back from overhaul at NARF North Island. I'd have to help the AK's with the acceptance inventory/inspection. They sure did a nice
    paint job on them back in in the day.
    Sort of the same shiny Whale coming out of NARF Alameda. Boy that paint job got cruddy quickly!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Very impressive indeed.

I converted all the BMP textures to DDS, and dusted off some very old texture sets. These are all taken in P3Dv5.2 (latest).
    In order: RF-4B, FGR2, F-4C, F-4D.

Shame there's no RF VC.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-7-16_19-59-18-585.jpg   2021-7-16_21-46-58-579.jpg   2021-7-16_22-12-56-852.jpg   2021-7-17_6-23-26-818.jpg  

Boah, those look very nice!
    Best regards, Manfred.

[QUOTE=rcbarend;1266487]It sounds like you haven't overwritten old mdl files with the new ones.

Please check this (using the first Pack12 variation to test it; so uncheck the box "all variations" when your select an F4 via the aircraft menu).
    And focus on the SPoiler animation as seen in Spotplane view (Chute maybe another problem).

- Make sure the aircraft.cfg in your ..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\ folder starts with the line ""// 1-5-2021, Changes by Rob, for Pack12, V1.2 beta4"
    So you use the new aircraft.cfg

- Make sure you have copied the file F4B.mdl from my zip file Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\ folder to your \SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\
    If unsure, do it again (the file should be overwritten).

Does the Spoiler animation in Spotplane view work now ??? No having completed the above steps.

But it seems there is more to this than I first realised.
    Other authors models are displaying the same faults. Sometimes the spoilers work once and don't retract or don't work at all.

Mike
    Hi Rob
    Out of curiosity I uninstalled the update and reinstalled Virtavia Phantom II Reloaded V1.1 for FSX and all version of P3D.

Everything seems to be back to normal including models from other authors. Well I'm stumped!

Which version uses the metallic and shiny textures? With all the patches and updates, I've lost track were those two textures originally came from.
    Never mind I found it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4-4-Format-zip

Members who have read this thread: 13