JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 4
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

I found my happy place ! Thanks, Ulrich.

So, .......now just to populate Lakenheath with some military aircraft and AI traffic (that's not FS9 code) in FSX ......
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Superb, Ulrich!

Has a week gone by yet?

Just kidding. Looking excellent, and getting better with each screenshot. Is that a transonic vapour cone effect you're demonstrating with the VX-4 shot? That'll be nice!
    Yes, i used the rcb miljet gauge as Jafo explained in post #55
    but with Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll gauge for P3D v4.5

In panel.cfg...

// --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM

gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
    gauge08=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

// -------------------------------------- TRANSONIC VAPOUR CONE EFFECT

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
    light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Alright!!!
    Nearly ready in clean and weathered version with model=6

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Here's a personal ride I'm working on. From the 457th Fighter Sq. at Carswell AFB, Ft. Worth

Phantom II-2020-apr-17-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    Looks great Ed
    Just a dumb question, Ed
    Did you have had a look at the vc textures?

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Nearly ready in clean and weathered version with model=6

Stunning and beauteous

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I found my happy place ! Thanks, Ulrich.
    So, .......now just to populate Lakenheath with some military aircraft and AI traffic (that's not FS9 code) in FSX ......
    Great shots, MZee
    Looks you've found the Phantom's heaven

Looks great Ed
    Just a dumb question, Ed
    It would be awesome if someone had a look at the VC textures, they could do with a bit of touch up. The next version will only use the Pack 3 VC's, so those would be the primary candidates.

-JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Please offer P3Dv3.4.22.19868 support. No reason for FSX support anymore there's a lot more using P3Dv3 than FSX.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    That's all right, we FSX types are still in here pitching, too.

Quote Originally Posted by udidwht View Post
    Please offer P3Dv3.4.22.19868 support. No reason for FSX support anymore there's a lot more using P3Dv3 than FSX.
    I'm keeping my FSX on a separate drive due to the large number of addons and ease of use and have absolutely no plans of abandoning it ....... but soon many of us will be on MSFS2020 and starting fresh on a new machine.
    It's called progress, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by MZee1960; April 18th, 2020 at 12:17.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Icon22 Long live FSX!

Well, I would be most obliged should you guys still consider FSX for a while...
    There should be some P3D forum somewhere.
    I suppose
    ?

[QUOTENo reason for FSX support anymore][/QUOTE]
    Why are you on a FSX forum ???

No offense, but that's only your opinion. Those of us (and there are many more than you seem to realize) who use FSX daily will continue to support FSX so I would suggest to you that there are a lot of reasons to support it. I also found your request for support of such a specific version of P3D quite odd to be honest. . . .I don't know of anyone who still uses that version. . .other than you and a few others.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Looks great Ed
    Just a dumb question, Ed
    I did give it a thought, but I want to see if I can find the same excellent images of the avionics and gauges that I had for the AMX Project. If I start working on it it will be completely new art for everything, not just a few and it won't be done in a week or two, lol.

NOTE: Avialogs has what I need to start anyway. If someone else has already begun or has a huge desire to take this on. . .speak now.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Finished the last model this morning, so now I'm on the home stretch!

Only thing missing now is finishing coding of the weapons gauge, but in order to try and preserve my last remaining bits of sanity I have decided to take the rest of this day off and celebrate my "milestone".

The new pack will be a complete package, no longer requiring the original FS9 download.

It will contain the following models, all with configurable loadouts, added specular and bump textures, and other fancy stuff:

F4-B
    F4-C
    F4-D
    F4-E
    F4-EJ
    F4-E with slatted wings
    F4-F
    F4-G
    F4-J (US)
    RF4-C
    RF4-E
    F4-K
    GR.1
    GR.2
    F4-J (UK Mk.3)

All of these will use improved versions of the original pack3 virtual cockpits - one for the recce models, and one for all the others.
    Original repaints can be used without modification, except for adding a "texture.cfg" to the repaint folder.
    I have also tried to keep everything as "open" as possible, to allow for further development as required, like for example improved VC textures.

-JP

The FSX models will work just fine in all P3D versions.

-JP

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post

Only thing missing now is finishing coding of the weapons gauge, but in order to try and preserve my last remaining bits of sanity I have decided to take the rest of this day off and celebrate my "milestone".

The new pack will be a complete package, no longer requiring the original FS9 download.

It will contain the following models, all with configurable loadouts, added specular and bump textures, and other fancy stuff:

F4-B
    F4-C
    F4-D
    F4-E
    F4-EJ
    F4-E with slatted wings
    F4-F
    F4-G
    F4-J (US)
    RF4-C
    RF4-E
    F4-K
    GR.1
    GR.2
    F4-J (UK Mk.3)

All of these will use improved versions of the original pack3 virtual cockpits - one for the recce models, and one for all the others.
    Original repaints can be used without modification, except for adding a "texture.cfg" to the repaint folder.
    I have also tried to keep everything as "open" as possible, to allow for further development as required, like for example improved VC textures.

-JP
    Very grateful for and impressed with your work. Please take a break, you have earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I did give it a thought, but I want to see if I can find the same excellent images of the avionics and gauges that I had for the AMX Project. If I start working on it it will be completely new art for everything, not just a few and it won't be done in a week or two, lol.

NOTE: Avialogs has what I need to start anyway. If someone else has already begun or has a huge desire to take this on. . .speak now.

Hello Ed,
    Your masterpieces of new vc textures, would be the icing of the cake.
    Sorry that i can not help here much, but i have found some
    perhaps useful links to different F-4 panel layouts with pictures from instruments and panels.

http://www.topflightimaging.com/panels.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4b-panel.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4c-panel.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4j-panel.html

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4m-panel.html

Ulrich

F4-B
    F4-C
    F4-D
    F4-E
    F4-EJ
    F4-E with slatted wings
    F4-F
    F4-G
    F4-J (US)
    RF4-C
    RF4-E
    F4-K
    GR.1
    GR.2
    F4-J (UK Mk.3)

-JP
    Hi JP,
    That's great news, you must be a superman, that you can work off so many things in so short time.
    I think a bit of time-out is more than deserved.

Cheers
    Uli

Hi JP,
    That's great news, you must be a superman, that you can work off so many things in so short time.
    I think a bit of time-out is more than deserved.

Cheers
    Uli
    Dear Uli!

I am definitely not super in any way, but it is a great inspiration "running in tandem" with you, so I have had to work hard to keep up!
    As soon as I finish the weapons gauge, I'll post you a link to the alpha, so you don't get stuck too long because of my slowness.

Cheers,
    JP

This is what makes SOH so great! PB61, JP and now Ed working on this beauty...

We're in for a treat!

Priller

Been paying a lot of attention to this thread, although i have the SWS payware model, being a Brit, im very interested in pack 3, i't will be a very long time before payware companys consider the Brit and recon models, probably even never, so your work is much anticipated and appreciated

One thing I'm missing is an afterburner effect that will look good in FSX (with the long flame and the "fire ring" thingys).

The one Ulrich made for P3D sadly doesn't work correctly in FSX, so if anyone should know of a good "tail of fire" effect to use in FSX, I'd love to know.

-JP

One thing I'm missing is an afterburner effect that will look good in FSX (with the long flame and the "fire ring" thingys).

The one Ulrich made for P3D sadly doesn't work correctly in FSX, so if anyone should know of a good "tail of fire" effect to use in FSX, I'd love to know.

-JP
    I know what you mean.
    I thought there already was an afterburner with it. This one does resemble two bic lighters
    (This is with P3D V3)

Maybe the one TuFun made for the Cloud9 Phantom portover?

I think the files for that portover are to be found here somewhere!

Priller

Members who have read this thread: 15