JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Hello, is it possible to allow the original tank models for the models? Since the textures do not fit on these and other tanks were also on the RF-4, they are otherwise always white.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RF-4E.jpg   RF-4C.jpg   FGR.2.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    Hello, is it possible to allow the original tank models for the models? Since the textures do not fit on these and other tanks were also on the RF-4, they are otherwise always white.

That was the very question I asked that JP answered.

We have to create specific textures for those tanks to add in the specific texture folder of the repaint, so it will trump the white that's included as default. I'm hoping I can cheat by simply renaming the old textures to the new texture format, as I'm no repainter. I'll check later when I'm done work.

dl

The renaming is possible on the 12Pack but not on the other 2, here the texture has other names, that not match and the models has other tank models too.

I'm really enjoying this one! Great work! The VC and the outside have undergone a major change! And then there's the loadout manager! Thank you very much!

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; May 5th, 2020 at 01:06.

Any chance of the extending nosewheel leg on the F-4K?

Dave

Working on a tacpack update as we speak.
    Uses original configurator and follows TMAP protocol.
    Should be ready in a few hours.

Corrado

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Any chance of the extending nosewheel leg on the F-4K?

Dave

or press shift + E + 3

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Are there any plans to upgrade the RF-4B? Or possibly an option to eliminate the slime lights on the F-4C? Unfortunately most of the colorful RF-4s were B models without slimes.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Steve
    Back then, an additional "RF-4B early" model was distributed with the pack 3 paintkit. Just found that one in my archives. It would probably fit your request perfectly Steve!

I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    The renaming is possible on the 12Pack but not on the other 2, here the texture has other names, that not match and the models has other tank models too.
    It is true that a simple rename trick won't work for all the 5 pack 3 tanks, because they are pulled from several base models. It is, however, still entirely possible to override the global colours by providing local "w_xxx" textures, also for the pack 3 birds.

Maybe I should write a list of which texture goes on which external store. At least I'll consider it.

Cheers,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado5834 View Post
    Working on a tacpack update as we speak.
    Uses original configurator and follows TMAP protocol.
    Should be ready in a few hours.

Corrado

Super awesome, and something I secretly hoped would happen. Thank you very much Corrado!

Cheers,JP

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    It is true that a simple rename trick won't work for all the 5 pack 3 tanks, because they are pulled from several base models. It is, however, still entirely possible to override the global colours by providing local "w_xxx" textures, also for the pack 3 birds.

Maybe I should write a list of which texture goes on which external store. At least I'll consider it.

Cheers,
    JP
    Hi JP,

That list would be most helpful for me.
    I'm mainly interested in Pack 1 (USN/USMC)
    Thanks

One for Duckie.

-JP

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hi JP,

That list would be most helpful for me.
    I'm mainly interested in Pack 1 (USN/USMC)
    Thanks
    Well I kinda knew I had to make a list sooner or later Butch, but I sense it will be desirable to go for "sooner".

Cheers,
    JP

Back then, an additional "RF-4B early" model was distributed with the pack 3 paintkit. Just found that one in my archives. It would probably fit your request perfectly Steve!

I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
    JP
    That’s the one! No slime lights and the correct (USN) nose gear door signal lights. Much appreciated. Thanks JP.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Super awesome, and something I secretly hoped would happen. Thank you very much Corrado!

Cheers,JP
    here you go:

http://www.isoliti4gatti.it/warbirds/Tacpack.htm

Scroll down to the FSX section.
    Replaces a few existing files and folders.
    Let me know how it works for you.
    This is for version V1 and FSX.
    Provision for P3DV4 switch is already there in Panel.cfg in
    [Vcockpit06] section (changes the sound gauge to 64 bit).

Last edited by Corrado5834; May 6th, 2020 at 00:31.

an additional "RF-4B early" model was distributed with the pack 3 paintkit. Just found that one in my archives
    Curious - were there visible differences between the original AS RF-4C and RF-4B models? Was it just the then fixed loadouts? Steve's paints way back then look so good on this bird today!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Well I kinda knew I had to make a list sooner or later Butch, but I sense it will be desirable to go for "sooner".
    Most appreciated JP - it's hard to tell what I am looking at when I view these textures.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Leaving Cecil for Cherry Point . .

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Curious - were there visible differences between the original AS RF-4C and RF-4B models? Was it just the then fixed loadouts? Steve's paints way back then look so good on this bird today!

Hey expat,

First of all thank for your kind remark. it’s been a while since I looked in depth at the visual differences but the 2 that come quickly to mind were that the formation lights are absent from the early B, and the Air Force C had twin taxi/landing lights mounted in the nose gear strut door, where the Navy/Marine B models had one taxi light and three smaller landing signal lights mounted in that same door. The early B also didn’t have all the small ECM blisters later Bs and Cs had but IIRC since the ALPHASim B came after the C they didn’t remove those from their B. I could be mistaken since it’s been a while.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Steve re RF-4 B and C - interesting.

Showing off the PBR shine (at least that's what I think I see . .)

Blog Entries
    Yes, Steve's right.

Here's a pic with my edits showing the single landing light and the 3 AoA lights on the nosegear door. It also shows the blisters (only one visible in the pic) where the Shoehorn ECM AN/APR-30 S/C/X-band Radar Homing & Warning antenna were mounted. The Shoehorn Mod was a spec from the USAF's RF-4Cs, which the USMC planes then inherited when they ordered additional C airframes to complement their original order of B model RFs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85-0.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	75948

BTW - and yes, I know JP will want to reach in through his monitor and choke me for asking ... but is there any chance this RF-4B, if added/released, could have extendable nose gear?

https://nara.getarchive.net/media/a-...-on-the-237f32

Finally, where did you guys get the last two USMC paints? I should have been all over those and confess I never knew they existed ...

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Yes, Steve's right.

Here's a pic with my edits showing the single landing light and the 3 AoA lights on the nosegear door. It also shows the blisters (only one visible in the pic) where the Shoehorn ECM AN/APR-30 S/C/X-band Radar Homing & Warning antenna were mounted. The Shoehorn Mod was a spec from the USAF's RF-4Cs, which the USMC planes then inherited when they ordered additional C airframes to complement their original order of B model RFs.

BTW - and yes, I know JP will want to reach in through his monitor and choke me for asking ... but is there any chance this RF-4B, if added/released, could have extendable nose gear?

https://nara.getarchive.net/media/a-...-on-the-237f32

Finally, where did you guys get the last two USMC paints? I should have been all over those and confess I never knew they existed ...
    The RF4-B will be made available in an upcoming patch which also adds backlighting to the FSX VC's and fixes several minor issues.

But no chance whatsoever of additional models with extendable nose gear, sorry DL, the K model is the solo artist in that respect. This is not laziness on my behalf, but I don't think it's possible.

-JP

Blog Entries
    The RF4-B will be made available in an upcoming patch which also adds backlighting to the FSX VC's and fixes several minor issues.

But no chance whatsoever of additional models with extendable nose gear, sorry DL, the K model is the solo artist in that respect. This is not laziness on my behalf, but I don't think it's possible.

-JP
    No worries JP, I figured "it would be a stretch" ... but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Looking forward to the update.

BTW - while the tank texture renaming thing didn't work for the J center tank texture, it did for the the Duckie (Steve Bryant) wing tank texture. Which means for the 2x wing tanks only configuration, you get his nicely repainted tanks. The center-only or all three tank configuration means that the center tank will be the "default" white with red tip.

I'm personally ok with that compromise on the RF - just a heads up for folks like me who can't repaint, and want to work within what the model allows today but still add in the enhancements possible from some older legacy but still really nice repaints.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I've collated some info on how to do this properly on the 'K'. If I succeed it should be possible to adjust and refit this to the 'B'.
    Presently I'm preoccupied with the semi unlimited DCS trial, but I will come back to this.

the tank texture renaming thing didn't work for the J center tank texture, it did for the the Duckie (Steve Bryant) wing tank texture.
    So, DL, which w_xxxxx texture do I look for if I just want to change the wing tank paint color?

Members who have read this thread: 15