JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Maybe the one TuFun made for the Cloud9 Phantom portover?

I think the files for that portover are to be found here somewhere!

Priller
    Don't remember that one however, he did make one for the F-8 and it was sensational.

Just my 2¢

SEA dawn mission
    Really enjoying this "revival" of such an old friend of ours. Have it merged for the moment with the Piglet F-1 VC, which just works. I find the legacy AS panels and mods have issues. I might even merge the AS exterior model with the SWS VC just for fun - but really to be able to use a much wider range of repaints. Looking forward to the new load out options and spec textures. Thanks so much for all the good and hard work on this project!

private image hosting
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Been paying a lot of attention to this thread, although i have the SWS payware model, being a Brit, im very interested in pack 3, i't will be a very long time before payware companys consider the Brit and recon models, probably even never, so your work is much anticipated and appreciated
    Oh, it might be a little while before a developer brings out a modern Phantom pack including FGRs, but probably not as long as you think. Likewise Jaguars, BAe Lightnings, Harriers...
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Oh, it might be a little while before a developer brings out a modern Phantom pack including FGRs, but probably not as long as you think. Likewise Jaguars, BAe Lightnings, Harriers...
    Dean, I would love to see new RAF Phantoms and Jaguars being built the DC Designs way (good looking accurate models, basic cockpit functionality)

Henk.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Dean, I would love to see new RAF Phantoms and Jaguars being built the DC Designs way (good looking accurate models, basic cockpit functionality)

Henk.
    +1!! I'd love to see that happen

Priller

Especially Harriers ! ! !

You teaser you! I'd love to see the UK Phantoms get the "DC Designs treatment".

In other news: I fixed the afterburner issue, so now I can use Ulrich's effects in both P3D and FSX.

-JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Searching for liveries, I encountered this Sound Set : https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...ANTOM-II-WHERE
    that may be of interest.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Searching for liveries, I encountered this Sound Set : https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...ANTOM-II-WHERE
    that may be of interest.
    yep, that is the one! It is BRILLIANT!!

Priller

Thanks to all involved......................

32 TFS at Soesterberg AB, the Netherlands in 1978. Sweet memories as life was still simple and good. Smoking and drinking were still cool, speeding was a common practice, healthy food was something for other people, old age was something for your grandparents and every man still had a moustache......

And I was only 20 years old........

Thanks to all involved in this project for bringing back these memories

Cheers,
    Huub

That last picture makes me very happy, Ulrich!

Extremely pleased that you were able to do the last batch of conversions so quickly.

-JP

Do I see bumpmapping?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Do I see bumpmapping?

Cees
    Yes Cees!

The FSX models will have bump and spec maps, and Ulrich's P3DV4 models will have PBR texturing, with bumps of course.

Cheers,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Yes Cees!

The FSX models will have bump and spec maps, and Ulrich's P3DV4 models will have PBR texturing, with bumps of course.

Cheers,
    JP
    Great! Looking forward to fly these Phantoms again!

Cees

Quite a lot of questions about the afterburner effect, so here's a couple of screenshots from FSX and one from P3DV4, so you can see for yourself how it looks in the two sims.

FSX:

P3DV4:

-JP

Am I allowed to drool??

Priller

Blog Entries
    Looks really good.

Sorry been busy with work - had no time for sim or for keeping up on the boards.

This is unfolding beautifully. Reheat looks superb, and the PBRing is delightfully lovely.

AB sound ??

First, many, many thanks to a job well done to Postbaer61 and team.. outstanding job on the FDEs, VC and liveries.. I have attempted to follow the updates suggested in this thread and in particular post 55 about the sonic boom.. It states putting the two lines in the panel cfg,....gauges 7 and 8. Question: where in panel cfg. VC01, new window?? I tried, putting the two gauges in VC01 but no joy. I did this in Pack 2 BTW. What did do wrong?? I have the cans lighting up and no AB light in terms of sound, although the graphic display is ok. Final question, is there any sonic boom sound...(the spray effect works well) and is there AB light sound..(graphic display is ok)?? Thank you for clarifying these issues....Terry

Almost there now, just need to work a bit on the pylon logic. Sorry it has taken longer than I anticipated, things sometimes happen in life.

Won't take long!

Cheers,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hi JP,

This is looking fantastic! Will you or someone be adding the sonic boom and visual plume effect that would fit the 32 bit FSX/P3D1/2/3 and the 64 bit P3D V4/5?

Thanks
    Thank you Butch!

I suppose someone will - if I understand correctly those effects are created using some of Rob Barendregt's magic, so I cannot just include them in the package. Maybe I can include them as "Recommended additions" in the readme.

Cheers,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Thank you Butch!

I suppose someone will - if I understand correctly those effects are created using some of Rob Barendregt's magic, so I cannot just include them in the package. Maybe I can include them as "Recommended additions" in the readme.

Cheers,
    JP
    Got your PM. The recommendations sound good. I just might could use some directions in your readme for installation of the visual/sound effects for both of my P3D sims.

Blog Entries
    Great progress shots, JP!

dl

Members who have read this thread: 13