JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Search for "RF-4B" in the library here.
    There are a couple of beauties by Tranquil.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg   weathered.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    @DL
    Thanks for the kind words, DL,
    As we all know ... anticipation is the greatest joy! Isn't' it?

@ Dave,
    Did you mean this ones ?

Cheers
    Ulrich
    I like the 92sq Phantom. "Are we painting the trim blue on this one sir?" "Trim? Heck, paint the whole thing blue!"

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Now if this effect could be added (0.47) I like the vapor plume also......
    Not sure is a sound effect can be added to go at the same time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phantom MACH.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	75413
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Not sure is a sound effect can be added to go at the same time!

In FS9 it was possible. I think the old FS9 F-14 by Dino Cattaneo had it (shockwave effect and "boom") and the FS KBT FA-18E for FS9.

I could be mistaking of course. It's been a while since I've played FS9, and Alzheimer is my friend...

Priller

In panel.cfg...
    // --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM
    gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
    gauge08=COP_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
    light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

[ya gotta have the effects too, obviously]...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    In panel.cfg...
    // --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM
    gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
    gauge08=COP_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
    light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

[ya gotta have the effects too, obviously]...
    Is all this from the rcbco-30.zip?

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Thank you cdavid!

There are no effects embedded in the V1.2 models except for the landing light and the wing tip lights. What you're seeing is probably artifacts from one of the effects tied to the engine, in the [lights] section ("fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom.fx", "fx_engine_Virtavia Phantom.fx" and "fx_reheat_Virtavia Phantom.fx"). These FS9 effects are not working 100% flawlessly in FSX or P3D. I really ought to find a replacement.

Cheers,
    JP
    JP;

Did a little testing. Its not the lights or the engine effects. The issue is with the fx_spray effect:

[effects]
    wake = fx_wake
    //water = fx_spray
    dirt = fx_tchdrt
    concrete = fx_sparks
    touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
    windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

Tested fix on packs 1 & 2.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    cdavid

Hi Ulrich,

Just curious, ... what is the name of the scenery that you're using in your post #29 here in this thread ?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1216439
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Ulrich,

Just curious, ... what is the name of the scenery that you're using in your post #29 here in this thread ?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1216439
    Hi MZee,

The scenery is RAF Lakenheath V2.0 for P3DV4 by Ian McCartney from Military AI Works.

Ulrich

Is all this from the rcbco-30.zip?
    I think so.....been using this for so long, and adding it to other A/C that I've lost track where it originated....

Hi MZee,

The scenery is RAF Lakenheath V2.0 for P3DV4 by Ian McCartney from Military AI Works.

Ulrich
    Hi Ulrich,

Thank-you. I also found the thread about it here :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Upper-Heyford

BTW, for followers of this thread, I also did some more digging around your MAIW lead, and also found these two nice packages :

1) RAF Wattisham - https://militaryaiworks.com/download...a-1991-for-fsx , and
    2) RAF AI F-4's - https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=188095

Beautiful scenery.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by cdavid View Post
    JP;

Did a little testing. Its not the lights or the engine effects. The issue is with the fx_spray effect:

[effects]
    wake = fx_wake
    //water = fx_spray
    dirt = fx_tchdrt
    concrete = fx_sparks
    touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
    windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

Tested fix on packs 1 & 2.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Thank you cdavid! That fix will most likely be included in the next version, in exactly that way.

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Blog Entries
    Superb, Ulrich!

Has a week gone by yet?

Just kidding. Looking excellent, and getting better with each screenshot. Is that a transonic vapour cone effect you're demonstrating with the VX-4 shot? That'll be nice!

VF154 in progress
    Alright!!!

And look at that AB effect! Brilliant!

Priller

Here's a personal ride I'm working on. From the 457th Fighter Sq. at Carswell AFB, Ft. Worth

Phantom II-2020-apr-17-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That's one I gotta have Falcon 409! My late father worked for Convair and flew out of Carswell when I was just a toddler.

I know I have been quiet these last days, sorry.

Had a major setback, but now I'm back on track.

The trouble all started when a certain furry mailman very kindly provided me with an alpha of his wonderful PBR models and afterburner. lol.
    This meant that I could enhance the FSX models with the included bumps and my own homemade specs, and embed the afterburner in the models.
    My tiny part in the big picture was kinda ready for that, I had all exterior lights embedded in the models and had weaponized the lot.

So just a few added effects and a bit of texture work and everything would be hunky dory, I thought.
    The effects part went OK, I even had the AoA light on the front wheel door working correctly and all.

But when it became time to enhance the model materials with bumps and specs, it turned into a nightmare.
    No matter how I tried, once I started to fiddle with the textures, the model exploded.

So I had to rewind quite considerably.

But now I'm back on track, and have found the right order to finish the models without harming something in the process, heh.
    I'm glad that I like to keep notes, that helped the rewind a lot.

Cheers,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hello everyone,

Arguably the best kept secret in March 2020 (perhaps second after a grocery store still stocking toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and flour ) has been a native conversion of the original Alphasim/Virtiavia F-4 model packs (1, 2, and 3). Both Penz and Postbaer61 have been cooking up some wonderful improvements to this model not only to convert it, but to enhance it. A few of us have been chiming in along the way, but this thread to track the on-going changes to the latest versions, and a place to showcase some simply stunning work done by these gents.

OK. Some basics:

Latest version: v1.2, available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=24&id=26521

Sim compatibility: Models are FSX and P3DV4.5 compliant; I've been testing in the latter newer sim, so others can comment on the FSX platform. Should work equally well in both.

Which of the original models covered: all models in each of the original 3 packs, with (so far) an extra model in pack 1 (see below). Subject to change, more (see below).

Standalone or extras needed: Thus far, v1.2 is an addon pack. It adds the models (exterior and VC), and panel contents. You'll still need the original FS9 pack for effects, the original paints, sounds, etc. Obviously, there's also various recommended sound packages and scores of repaints that you can add if/as desired. Note, there's a future version underway already, so this is subject to change.

Ok. Now some more detail. Here's what's in each of the packs so far (list adapted from Penz's original):

Pack 1
    0: F-4J with 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, 6 Mk 82 bombs and center tank.
    1: F-4J with 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, 6 bombs and center tank, alternate configuration.
    2: F-4B with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, and 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders.
    3: F-4B with 4 AIM-9 Sidewinders.
    4: Extra model F-4D with wing tanks and SUU-23A gun pod
    5: Extra model F-4J, clean configuration.
    6: Extra model F-4J with 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders and center tank

Pack2
    0: F-4C with wing tanks.
    1: F-4D, same configuration as model 4 in pack 1.
    2: F-4E with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders and wing tanks.
    3: F-4E with slatted wings. 2 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, wing tanks and jamming pod
    4: F-4F with wing tanks.
    5: F-4EJ with wing tanks.
    6: F-4G with AGM-88 HARM, AGM-45 Shrike, ALQ-119 ECM pod and wing tanks.

Pack 3
    0: FGR.1 with 2 ballast stores, 2 sidewinders and wing tanks.
    1: RF-4E with center and wing tanks.
    2: FG.1 with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, 4 AIM-9 Sidewinders, center and wing tanks.
    3: FGR.2 with 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders, gun pod and wing tanks.
    4: RF-4C with wing tanks.
    5: F.Mk.3 with 2 ballast stores (?), 2x2 wing tanks and travel pod on one of the port wing inner hardpoints.
    6: RF-4C with wing tanks and centerline tank.
    7: FGR.2 with wing tanks.
    8: F-4J(UK) with wing tanks.
    9: RF-4E with wing tanks.

More to follow ...

dl

So there is a J model in paint pack 1 right? The "J" model had no IRST sensor under the nose. The "B" birds did. That how I can tell them apart.

That looks fingerlicking good JP!!

Priller

Blog Entries
    No surprise with all that hanging off it, you need reheat just to taxi ...

Looks superb, JP. Sorry to hear about the snag - we're waiting patiently, and appreciate you're wanting to do a good job. Nice illumination cast from the nose gear light.

Thanks again!

dl

So there is a J model in paint pack 1 right? The "J" model had no IRST sensor under the nose. The "B" birds did. That how I can tell them apart.
    Yes, there was 2 x J models beforehand, and PJ added a third (model = 6). The B/N USN/USMC had the IRST, while the J/S USN/USMC didn't. There were a whole host of other, even more significant differences across all those models, but you're right, that's the easiest way to tell the B/N models from the J/S models.

As a partial aside, I own the three-book anthology by Andy Evans "F-4 Phantom - Comprehensive Guide for the Modeller" and highly recommend it. They're a moderately detailed overview of all the models, though lack the descriptive and anecdotal depth of say, Robert Prest's "F-4 Phantom, a Pilot's Story".

EDIT - just took a look - they're hard to get these days - upwards of $50 for a used, and into the hundreds per book. Bizarre. I paid around $30 new for each. I've got over 100 aviation books - I had no idea I was sitting on a gold mine!

Yes Sir! As a matter of fact, the new "Pack 1" will consist of only those two models, B and J, with selectable loadout, so you should be able to install any original repaint easily.

(Oops, DL beat me to it, haha!).

Oh, and thank you very much Priller! I'm very happy to be back in the groove again.

Cheers,
    JP

Showtime 100

We could use another "J" model to add to the collection. This is Randy "Duke" Cunningham's bird. My brother was in this outfit at the time. CDR Cunningham transferred from VF-96 over to
    my outfit (VF-154) as the Operations Officer and brought over pictures of his mig kills taken thru gun cameras; one of the first things he did when he checked in at my outfit was hang his mig kill pictures on the ready room walls.

Last edited by gray eagle; April 17th, 2020 at 14:23.

We're already at the request stage?

Then I would like to request this one:

Ed??

Priller

Members who have read this thread: 13