JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Happy to be of assistance!

I see you have that fancy GPS. I was using it when experimenting recently with the AI Gulfstream 650. That gauge is included in a good looking freeware 787 VC I merged with the G650. However, I gave up because I am convinced that GPS was causing frequent lock ups, CTD's and blue screens. Not one CTD since I stopped using it. The manual for the 787 does say it can cause a "system failure" if using the "direct to" nav function, which I use all the time. Not sure why it has that bug and why it cannot be sorted. On my to do list to revisit that 787 VC using just the default GPS to see if it still CTD's.
    Hi,

I started with David Roble's Phantom Reborn panel and VC files, but he had a ton of extra gauges I didn't really need, so I then downloaded Chris Evan's US Marines package which had a very slimmed down version of David's panel. I used this panel as a starting point and then added David's helmet HUD files from the Reborn package and the V5 version of the Garmin 500 from here : http://www.allflightmods.com/microso...ment-gauge-v5/ . For me it's been behaving fine, so far. Had it for a few months, but easy to go back if something arises, I guess. I too like the direct to function, it's easier to just hit tab to enter ICAO code or airport name, hit proceed and done. Easier than meddling with the +/- functions of the small/big dials in the conventional GPS 500. The screen is better too. I just threw the two folders from JP and Co's F-4 package intact into the FSX gauges folder to get the Loadout Manager to work. The autopilot was already part of Chris Evan's US Marines package available here : https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...ia+f4&x=17&y=3 .

BTW, your screenies in this thread are very nice and crisp, I especially like this Marine Tactical Recon paint :

I like the unique tailfin colors on this particular one. Where can I find it, please ? Also shopping around for a nice 'Jolly Rogers' F-4 livery.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

NAS Miramar

I was with this outfit back in early '70's at then NAS Miramar. Ah...the good ole' days.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I was with this outfit back in early '70's at then NAS Miramar. Ah...the good ole' days.

Great shot ! I love the scenery ......... like Top Gun all over again, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

I found the Pirate !

....... by Gus Robatto, over at Avsim.
    Cheers, MZee ...

I like the u
    nique tailfin colors on this particular one. Where can I find it, please ?

SMC RF-4B VMP-3 Rainbow Reteriment Scheme.zip

FSX Textures only for the Virtavia/Alphasim Phantom Pack 3. This represents one of the retirement schemes worn by some of the VMFP-3 Phantoms. This one, BuNo 157342 was painted with a rainbow pattern on the tail which represented all the colors of the squadrons assigned to MAG-11. Included are 32 bit textures.

Discussion Thread

Category FSX Military skins - Post Cold War
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Please forgive me if you find my questions silly. I just find this thread interesting and it reminds me of past years of building plastic models of F-4E many many moon years ago.

Is this model base available in F-4E version?

And is there any Israeli air force repaint for that, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I like the u

SMC RF-4B VMP-3 Rainbow Reteriment Scheme.zip

FSX Textures only for the Virtavia/Alphasim Phantom Pack 3. This represents one of the retirement schemes worn by some of the VMFP-3 Phantoms. This one, BuNo 157342 was painted with a rainbow pattern on the tail which represented all the colors of the squadrons assigned to MAG-11. Included are 32 bit textures.

Discussion Thread

Category FSX Military skins - Post Cold War

Thank-you, @expat. Right under my nose all this time, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

Enjoying the 'heat' in this nice, hard to find, F-4B model repaint .....

Well hidden inside 'Yankee Station' download by Peter Mercy at Avsim :

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...ize&ScanMode=0
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Please forgive me if you find my questions silly. I just find this thread interesting and it reminds me of past years of building plastic models of F-4E many many moon years ago.

Is this model base available in F-4E version?

And is there any Israeli air force repaint for that, please?

Thanks,

Aharon
    You need Pack 2, and there are Israeli paints on avsim.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    You need Pack 2, and there are Israeli paints on avsim.
    Dave,

Thanks for your kind assistance. However, I do not see Pack 2?? The freeware Vivatia Phanton Reload version 1.1 for use of FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 has three packs called Pack 32, Pack 31, and Pack 12.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Aharon

The paints are by pierre lheureux , and they look really good, from Avsim, they are for FS9 but should work in FSX, The E models are in pack 12, and you'll probably have to play with the cfg to get them to fit

EDIT, you'll need to change model=2 to model=E in the repaint cfg, and copy and paste the "texture cfg" from another repaint into your IAFSHK texture folder

"The Saint" , one of the 366th Fighter Wing, AKA "The Gunfighters" .......

Gus Robatto repaint, from Avsim.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Ian,

Thanks for great tips and for your screenshot sample. Glad you provided important installation instructions or otherwise I would not have figured it out.

Your screenname looks very familiar to me. Did you assist me in the past regarding add on planes or repaints?

Regards,

Aharon

Your screenname looks very familiar to me. Did you assist me in the past regarding add on planes or repaints?
    I think it was to do with the CS C130, other forum members gave you better help, glad your up and running

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I think it was to do with the CS C130, other forum members gave you better help, glad your up and running
    Ahh thanks I think it was you who painted Israeli air force livery on Virtatia C-17 Cargomaster??

Anyway, once again, thanks for your kind assistance and for your great installation instructions for Phantom package

Regards,

Aharon

Good news, for those FSX simmers interrested:

My plan is to release a V1.2, as an addon to JP's V1.1 package, in a few weeks; working on it now with another model designer (@GC, react if you like ...LoL) , to get everything right ...

Added features, as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread:

1. The influence of configured weapons/tanks loadout on the flight-dynamics.
    Both in Weight and induced Drag.

2. Proper working of ALL animations in MultiPlayer sessions.

3. An IFLOLS gauge (in a seperate 2D-window) , that helps you in doing precision approaches/traps on (moving) aircraft carriers.

Cheers, Rob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post

My plan is to release a V1.2, as an addon to JP's V1.1 package, in a few weeks; working on it now with another model designer (@GC, react if you like ...LoL) , to get everything right ...

Added features, as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread:

1. The influence of configured weapons/tanks loadout on the flight-dynamics.
    Both in Weight and induced Drag.

2. Proper working of ALL animations in MultiPlayer sessions.

3. An IFLOLS gauge (in a seperate 2D-window) , that helps you in doing precision approaches/traps on (moving) aircraft carriers.

Cheers, Rob
    Sounds exciting, Rob!

When you say the stores weight/drag enhancement is implemented for one model, which model is that, and does that mean if you coded for a particular model (eg: S/J) then the others (eg: RF) don't have that? And if so, can I point to that gauge in another model, or doesn't it work that way?

Either way, I'm stoked for any enhancements on this lovely model.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Sounds exciting, Rob!

When you say the stores weight/drag enhancement is implemented for one model, which model is that, and does that mean if you coded for a particular model (eg: S/J) then the others (eg: RF) don't have that?
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.
    The functional (FDE) weight/drag enhancement will work (and is allready implemented) for ALL the model variations in V1.1, since the coding itself will work for each combination of Pack/model/texture variation.

The work to be done is: getting all the visual animations right for each visual model (the *.mdl files in all \model.* \ folders of the three packs).
    So changing 9+4+3 = 16 .mdl files.
    Only the Pack12/Model.B visual model is now finished; so 15 more to go...

Cheers, Rob

Looking good in P3Dv4.5 with a 15+ year old model and fabulous Gus Robatto repaint.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.
    The functional (FDE) weight/drag enhancement will work (and is allready implemented) for ALL the model variations in V1.1, since the coding itself will work for each combination of Pack/model/texture variation.

The work to be done is: getting all the visual animations right for each visual model (the *.mdl files in all \model.* \ folders of the three packs).
    So changing 9+4+3 = 16 .mdl files.
    Only the Pack12/Model.B visual model is now finished; so 15 more to go...

Cheers, Rob
    Clearer now, Rob - thanks for clarifying.

And for this not-trivial enhancement - appreciate all the effort you're putting in.

cheers,

dl

SOH-CM-2022

Cheers, Rob
    ARGGGGHHHH Now I really have to do it

I have the mapping 70% sorted to update the weapons to support Robs new features. Once that is done it is a "simple" matter of doing about 100 clicks in MCX for each model, hoping I did them all right, recompiling and testing each model.

Stay tuned.

Looking good in P3Dv4.5 with a 15+ year old model and fabulous Gus Robatto repaint.
    I didn't see the screenshot above appear on my iPad and possibly other devices other than my PC so posting again - apologies if it's a double post of the image for you:

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    ARGGGGHHHH Now I really have to do it

I have the mapping 70% sorted to update the weapons to support Robs new features. Once that is done it is a "simple" matter of doing about 100 clicks in MCX for each model, hoping I did them all right, recompiling and testing each model.

Stay tuned.
    LoL .....
    I'll mail you the V1.2 Beta1 (for the Pack12/Model.B) in a few hours ....

Cheers, Rob

Just a picture of the progress , in MultiPlayer .....

Note the differences in loadout (and wingfold) between the local (left) and remote (right) Phantom ....

Thanks, Gavin

Cheers, Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PhantomF4-MP.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 15