Randolph Air Force Base - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randolph Air Force Base

Thanks also Ed, now my MAIW T-6/T-1/T-38s have a proper and busy base. Any plans for other JS creations to be converted?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

NAS Brunswick in ME would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I was in mid-download of your scenery, and then read it was not V5 compatible. Rats! Oh well; thanks for your work anyway, Ed! Pete
    But Randolph is the default startup airbase for v5.

Yep, V5 includes an enhanced Randolph. So Ed fills the gap for earlier versions and everyone wins!

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    But Randolph is the default startup airbase for v5.
    That it is, but it's covered in trees -- at least in my copy.

Dave

Really nice work with the conversion. Don't suppose there's an alternate AFD that adds more parking spots? I notice there's only about 5 spots currently.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    NAS Brunswick in ME would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Yes, and add a few static P3 Orions......

John .Stinstrom has made a nice FS2004 version of Brunswick NAS KNHZ. In his ReadMe he states while it is generally FSX compatible, it may not look well with FSX autogen. He also gives permission for anyone to rework this scenery for better compatibility with FSX.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails knhz_js2-2.jpg   knhz_js2-3.jpg   knhz_js2-1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    John .Stinstrom has made a nice FS2004 version of Brunswick NAS KNHZ. In his ReadMe he states while it is generally FSX compatible, it may not look well with FSX autogen. He also gives permission for anyone to rework this scenery for better compatibility with FSX.

Just for grins, I thought I'd see how this fares in P3D V4.5 - no buildings show. A few vehicles. There are some P3 AI traffic files that come with it.
    It would be nice to see this one converted.

Found it over here

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...nMode=0&Page=2

As Frank mentioned, Randolph is the default airport, and is really well done, by Orbx I believe. It has tons of parking, only problem is the AI won't show up. Believe it might be the parking radius? Anyone know more about that?

falcon409, tested in P3Dv4.5 and looks great, as DaleRFU mentioned I'm should be good to add MAIW parking in ADE without breaking anything?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

KRND ground problem

Hi

This scenery worked like a charm and I have no idea what changed the adjoining polygons.
    Seem to nighttextured.

Has someone an idea what could cause this effect?

P3Dv4.5HF3, Orbx America North LC
    Jpg attached

Ernst
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KRND red.jpg  

If you haven't run Orbx Central lately, I would load that program and let it verify the installation and check to see if you have a library update by chance.. It takes a bit but that has corrected the issue for me when I've seen what you are seeing at Randolph.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thank you for your hint, Ed!

I've run Orbx central; no updates; ran the veryfy files for the libraries and Northern Americas LC but no change, unfortunately.

Think, I have to live with it....

Best regards

Ernst

Members who have read this thread: 2