GAS Stearman C3B WIP

Thread: GAS Stearman C3B WIP

GAS Stearman C3B WIP

Just a few WIP shots of our current project.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IqCO8G.jpg   YJWi1A.jpg  

very nice!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

It will be hard to resist again .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Please can you get Paul Grubich your painter to reduce the size of the texture files..

Cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Please can you get Paul Grubich your painter to reduce the size of the texture files..

Cheers chris
    They are accurately modeled. Please check your PM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yEJVeY.jpg  

Spad54
    Hi I am talking about the size of the texture files, some of them amount to half a gigabyte per aircraft single paint texture file.These uncompressed dds files bring the total aircraft installed file size to over 2GB for the GAS Stearman IB75J and similair in most others.
    This size of texture file causes OOM on the more modest computers such as mine, as being an 82 year old pensioner I cannot afford the latest most up to date gear.
    Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Spad54
    Hi I am talking about the size of the texture files, some of them amount to half a gigabyte per aircraft single paint texture file.These uncompressed dds files bring the total aircraft installed file size to over 2GB for the GAS Stearman IB75J and similair in most others.
    This size of texture file causes OOM on the more modest computers such as mine, as being an 82 year old pensioner I cannot afford the latest most up to date gear.
    Cheers Chris

If need be I can make up a set of 2048 x 2048 maps for you that will loose some resolution but unburden your machine. just let me know.

Once again I'd like to congratulate Spad54 and GAS on the way they listen to their customers and respond to them.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    If need be I can make up a set of 2048 x 2048 maps for you that will loose some resolution but unburden your machine. just let me know.
    It's not the pixel dimensions at the root of the issue, but their disc space size/footprint due to the way they're saved. 4096x4096 textures won't cause loading issues as long as they're saved as DXT5 .dds files, in which they're only 16 mb. When saved in 32-bit format, however, they're a whopping 64 mb each, and if there is more than one or two like that it can cause some issues with some systems (out of memory errors).

Looking forward to the C3B (the real examples have always been a favorite)!

Members who have read this thread: 0